27 replies to this topic

#21 dobbiehearted

dobbiehearted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 11:49 AM

This is like a update.. you all have been so nice.. some of you have really touched me and I think saved me a bit....

here is an update... last night (Friday- week since the diagnosis) I let her have a visitor ...who she adores and loves.. the joy was pouring out...she naped on the floor and scampered thru the house.. I was a bit on edge but let it be..

she had another good morning.. I am hoping I will get ok with this next week to maybe take her for a smell around.. this is the new version of walk for her.. there will be no intent on the 3 mile goal.. this will be smell everything ...walk slow and lets sit and look around at the park..

is excitement and joy similiar to exertion?... kind of along the same lines as it effects the heart?

thanks again.. I wonder if some of you... if you ever got another dog..did it feel the same.. I mean another breed after you had your beloved dobbies.. I am thinking that will not feel the same to me.. I love all dogs..they are angels. I think.. love them all..

but there was something special with her.. first because she was her...but then because she was a dobe.. something special.. I think with that special..comes the higher , almost certainty of the dcm..or other health risks right?? For those of you who have lost your darlings.. and have other ones to love after that.. do you hover over ...almost waiting in dred for something to happen to the new guy.. I suspect this may be a problem for me..just trying to sort it out as I now know.... I know it..when I am ready I must bring another dog in to my life to share... I am just a dog person, and this is a dog house.

below is my baby relaxing and yawning in the sun.... this is during this but she looks happy in this shot.

Attached Files

My Beloved Lexa (April 1998 --Jan 2008)
My Cherished Loki -SCD ( May 2008- August 2012) *
http://www.secondcha...ic=6378&hl=loki
Baby Koda

#22 debl

debl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 12:26 PM

She looks so happy & relaxed. So pretty. No other dog takes anothers place, they each bring their own special joy and happiness & learning experiences for us. You are in my thoughts & prayers.

Deb, Rabbit & Belle

#23 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 12:35 PM

I love how she has her own blankie outside :pinch:
I have 3 different breeds of dogs, they are all different. I love them all for being who they are. Every dobe has it's own personality, I don't think Tessa reminds me of the dobe I had before, sure she shares some of the same characteristics, but she is definitly has her OWN and very different personality. I am sure if you ever decide to get another you will see that.
Thanks for the picture, it is cute!
Melissa k.

#24 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:16 PM

She looks happy and relaxed that's all you can ask for. she doesn't know she is sick just slowing down a bit. really cute picture.
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#25 Bgstk0529

Bgstk0529

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:27 PM

The blankie says it all, she has had a good life with you. Our prayers are with you.

#26 Thormannix

Thormannix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 04:36 PM

I love Thor more than any other dog and most other humans in my life. The hurt was almost unbearable when he died. It has been almost a year and it still hurts so much. I was lucky in the fact that Thor lived with my parents and I had two of my own living with me. I don't love Mannix and Belle the same as Thor but I love them in their own ways. There will never be another dog like Thor but Mannix and Belle brighten every one of my days. In fact the day that my parents called me to tell me that Thor had passed away both dogs were with me. Right away they climbed up into my lap and kissed me to make me feel better because they knew something was wrong. I wouldn't have made it through losing Thor if I hadn't had Mannix and Belle to be there for me.
It hurts me to know that someday I will lose them too. It will break my heart not to have them around any more but I know that we gave them a good life and they were happy as long as we had them. We will get more dogs after these two because we love dogs and have a home that they are welcome in. I like to think that they would want us to honor their memory by giving other dogs homes. As long as I am able to I will adopt rescue dogs
I hope that helps to answer your questions.
Stephanie

#27 Thormannix

Thormannix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:49 PM

I love Thor more than any other dog and most other humans in my life. The hurt was almost unbearable when he died. It has been almost a year and it still hurts so much. I was lucky in the fact that Thor lived with my parents and I had two of my own living with me. I don't love Mannix and Belle the same as Thor but I love them in their own ways. There will never be another dog like Thor but Mannix and Belle brighten every one of my days. In fact the day that my parents called me to tell me that Thor had passed away both dogs were with me. Right away they climbed up into my lap and kissed me to make me feel better because they knew something was wrong. I wouldn't have made it through losing Thor if I hadn't had Mannix and Belle to be there for me.
It hurts me to know that someday I will lose them too. It will break my heart not to have them around any more but I know that we gave them a good life and they were happy as long as we had them. We will get more dogs after these two because we love dogs and have a home that they are welcome in. I like to think that they would want us to honor their memory by giving other dogs homes. As long as I am able to I will adopt rescue dogs
I hope that helps to answer your questions.
Stephanie

View Post

#28 Thormannix

Thormannix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:57 PM

I am the mother of Thor, the one Stephanie talked about who died. Stephanie brought us to second chance dobes within 2 weeks of losing Thor and I thought I could never go through that again. We got Goebel (now Chief) from Arda and he brings so much happiness into our lives. We miss Thor and didn't think we would ever love another dog, but you do, because each is special in their own way and each that you will find at Second Chance Dobes are looking to love and be loved and they will fill your heart with such joy. I promise!

Chief is not Thor but Thor was great, we loved him, we miss him, but our hearts have expanded to make room for another and we wouldn't have it any other way. Please remember all of those dobes needing a new home and know that you beloved dobe would be happy to know that another dobe has a good life and that they can help ease the hurt of your loss.

Rescuing a dobe who needs a good home really is the very best way to honor the memory of your beloved dobe and it is the best way for you to begin the healing process!

Sandy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users