#21 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:02 AM

This is Meloxicam? 

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#22 kbiondo

kbiondo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:39 AM

Yes it is. Incredible!

Kelly Biondo

#23 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:09 AM

That's what I have been using on Chaos.  It started as a mistake.  I accidentally gave Jade's meds to him.  But he had all kinds of energy for him.  So I have kept him on it as it is allowing him to be a bit more active.  He doesn't have the shaking leg thing and we xayed for ACL.  Not the case.  Dr Karen thinks it's a soft tissue issue.  I've just never had a dog like him before.

#24 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:27 PM

I have too read the studies on ACLs and early spay/neuters. In rescue you can't wait so you have to take that risk. Wes tore his ACL when he was 5 or 6 (neutered at 3mo). I looked into ACL replacement and TPLO. I gambled on containing him - so he was crated 24/7 and only out for potty breaks and slow walks. My vet said he had seen complete recovery 5x in his career - so we were very lucky. I keep going back and forth on insurance for Stella just because she runs and jumps and slips all the time.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#25 Paul and Carie

Paul and Carie

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:05 PM

Rowan has been doing well after surgery. She's been trying to escape & walk around. We sedated her per dr instructions but that was a major mistake! Her breathing & heart rate were extremely low & we could barely get her to wake up. She couldn't stand & wet the bed twice. She was total dead weight when I lifted her up to clean her bedding. It took a good 24 hrs for her to wake up normal.
Acepromazine is what the doc gave us. I do not recommend it.
I don't know how you do it arda - I have 1 dog on the mend one with cancer & one crazy pup that can't be more than 2 inches from me. I can barely keep up but you have that in multiples! You are truly amazing!

#26 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:31 PM

Today it's total crazy here.  We got another kid returned.  She is 12 years old.  Now to move her into a pack of idiots.  What AM I doing here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users