Photo

Now who the Hell This is why they get a bad wrap!!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:55 PM

2 hurt in separate pit bull attacks

Tribune staff report
Published June 6, 2005, 2:18 PM CDT

Police are seeking the owner of a pit bull dog that allegedly mauled an 11-year-old suburban boy overnight, while Chicago animal control officers destroyed two other pit bulls that allegedly attacked a city resident over the weekend.

The latest attack occurred about 8 p.m. Sunday in the 400 block of Dayward Court in west suburban Aurora, WGN-Ch. 9 reported. A 54-year-old dog owner wanted to introduce his pit bull to a neighbor boy, so he opened a gate to his home.

The animal lunged at the boy and bit him. A family member took the child to Rush Copley Medical Center, Aurora.

The boy had to receive stitches for wounds to his shoulder, neck and eyes, WGN reported.

The dog's owner allegedly left home before Aurora police and animal control officers could arrive to question him. Police were still looking for him today. Officers seized the dog and had it euthanized.

In the Chicago incident, two pit bulls allegedly mauled a woman as she was gardening about 10 a.m. Sunday in the yard of her home on the 7200 block of South Rhodes Avenue, on the city's South Side, WGN reported.

Pamela Williams, 54, was taken to the University of Chicago Hospitals to be treated for multiple dog bites on an arm, a wrist, both legs and her stomach.

The owner allegedly had been warned to keep the dogs under control after another attack several weeks ago, WGN reported.

"I think it's terrible," the victim's sister, Lisa Watson, told CLTV. "I think any time a person has an animal or animals, if they've had one occasion where they've attacked, they should take the dog someplace else."

The pit bulls were handed over to the Department of Animal Care and Control, which had the animals euthanized. The dogs' owner was cited for failing to restrain the animals, CLTV reported.

Tribune wire services contributed to this story.

http://www.chicagotr...ack=1&cset=true

#2 mihalik1413

mihalik1413

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:00 PM

So many degrees of stupidity, that I don't want to and really can't begin in starting a discussion on this. It makes my head hurt even thinking about it.

Larry

Edited by mihalik1413, 06 June 2005 - 03:02 PM.

#3 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 04:40 PM

Smart as a box of rocks. :)

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users