69 replies to this topic

#1 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:26 PM

Is anyone available to help at the kennel this weekend? Arda will need help cleaning crates, floor, ect. and to talk to adopters if more than one are there at the same time.
Kathye has a appointment to show Posey to potential adopters at the house, and I have to take all the pups up to Dr. Karens for a potential adopter to meet them and hopefully adopts one or two, and have their shots updated.
She usually starts cleaning around 9a.m.. Please let me know through here, if nothing else we will somehow find a way to do all.
Kevin

#2 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 03:27 PM

I'll ask John if he minds if I go. And I SWEAR...I'll be up and out by 7:00 a.m, if I can make it.
~Jen~

#3 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:00 PM

Saturday is definitely already booked for us with three appointments, but I can ask Larry about Sunday. Unless you just need someone on Saturday?

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#4 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:01 PM

If I'm not working Sat. I can make it . Draeko would love to see Bubbles two days in a row , he will think its his birthday and Arda can give him some of that cake if Goast hasn't eaten it all.
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#5 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 04:35 PM

I can not make it ;) Sorry.

Kari... Drake is always so happy... (that is a good thing) that I think......He thinks EVERYDAY is his Birthday ;)

Cathy
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#6 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 05:24 PM

Sorry, I didn't see that Saturday was in the topic, doh!

I could go out there by myself on Friday and clean if that would help for Saturday! Just leave me written instructions because I haven't done it before and I'm a dork! ;)

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#7 Heather M

Heather M

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:07 PM

Larissa and I could come out Sat am if that would help. We're almost as good at cleaning up pee as we are at cleaning up poop!!

#8 larissa

larissa

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 07:10 PM

Larissa and I could come out Sat am.  We're almost as good at cleaning up pee as we are at cleaning up poop!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;) Thats exactly what i'd like to be good at!!!! ;)
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed it’s the only thing that ever has!”
—Margaret Mead

#9 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:09 PM

Heather M and Larissa, I know Arda would be pleased to have you help her on Sat. morning. I know larissa means the world to her!!!!

#10 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:06 PM

Hey Kev,
If Arda is stuck, I can go out there, no problem. I just asked hubby dearest, and he said go for it. I CAN, actually, bust my butt when I have intention to, so I'm at SCD's disposal, if you need it!
Just let me know, cause I can see only 2 volunteers so far, and 3 would be better, doncha think?
Ciao!
~Jenny May~
;)

#11 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:07 PM

Plus...
It'll give me a chance to get more acquainted with that adorable red girlie dobe, from Kentucky!! tee hee hee...ALWAYS an ulterior motive, eh??
JUST KIDDING!!! ;)

#12 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:12 PM

Jennymay,
Arda would like any and all help I'm sure. This was the first time she didn't tell me that she could handle it on her own. Usually she says don't worry about help I'll make do. I don't think many adopters are coming out but with the numerous dogs there it isn't a fun job getting them in and out of the kennel for cleaning. Especially with so many of them being males.(Not that there is anything wrong with males).

#13 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:17 PM

Kev,
I'm there...Just asked a friend who's been wanting to come out there with me for awhile if she'd want to come out, too, for the day to work our butts off. SO...I'm in.
~Jen~
IF my friend can't come, I'm sure I can round up SOMEBODY to go out there with me...

#14 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:30 PM

Kevin,

I signed up to work my other job this weekend but it turns out that they did not put me on the schedule so I can come out to help Arda.

Cheryl
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#15 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:32 PM

Kev,
I'm there...Just asked a friend who's been wanting to come out there with me for awhile if she'd want to come out, too, for the day to work our butts off.? SO...I'm in.?
~Jen~
IF my friend can't come, I'm sure I can round up SOMEBODY to go out there with me...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jen,

Do you want to ride together? Wanna bring Brody so he can play with his girl later on???? I've got a camera to take "rescue love" pictures.

Cheryl
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#16 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:34 PM

Cheryl,
You read my mind about picking ya up!
The only thing about bringing Brody, is I'm more concerned about him in the van, rather than helping out!!! But I SO wanna get pics of him and Cocoa!!!! *laugh* What to do, what to DO!!!!!!!!!!
~Jen~
BUT...for sure I'll pick you up...I have you directions SOMEWHERE!

#17 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:50 PM

Let me know if you need directions to my house. We're going early right so that we can be at Arda's at 9?

-Arda Barber

#18 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:57 PM

yep, that we are!!
and I promise to be at your place by 8:00...IF not sooner, I'm hoping to get out of the house between 7:15-7:45..(I'm telling, I HAVE to give you a 1/2 lee-way, but give me your number again, and I can call you when i'm walking out the door)
So..it's a plan.
I will be seeing you EARLY Saturday morning!
~Jen~

#19 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:02 PM

Thank You Ladies for giving Arda a hand this weekend, I know she appreciates it.

Jennymay, I sent you a e-mail with directions.

#20 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:07 PM

Sorry Kevin, we will be at the saginaw shows in birch run
this weekend, so cant come out to help ;)
But Im getting flyer ready to put out for Mothers day Flower fundraiser ;)
Hope you get alot of dogs adopted this weekend, glad to hear
Gabriel is doing better :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users