137 replies to this topic

#61 Dobiegirl51

Dobiegirl51

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 29 June 2008 - 08:33 PM

I just wanna kiss his cute face.......I love the ears........he is so handsome.....and soooo spoiled.......he looks like he has been there forever.....

#62 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 04:34 AM

I love the pictures of Loki on the lounger, he looks so peaceful and content! What a happy boy!
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#63 Stacie

Stacie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 06:30 AM

I love the when they curl up in a ball. Magnum will grunt - kind of like he is purring - when I come up and love on him when he is like that. My two know that they can join us on the couch or bed but must be invited to. They make me laugh cuz' when I am folding down the bed they will both sit at the doorway and watch. As soon as I am all settled in to watch tv they come and sit by the edge of the bed and wait (the whole time they won't take their eyes off of me) until I ask them up. If I get up they follow and then they wait again until I tell them it's ok.
"Qui me amat, amat et canem meum" (Love me, love my dog)
The more people I meet the more I like my dog
"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience"
-Woodrow Wilson
"Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate in their object-relations."
-Sigmund Freud

#64 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 30 June 2008 - 12:17 PM

Oh my! His very own lounger! :devil: Loki sure looks comfy!
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#65 dobbiehearted

dobbiehearted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 08:21 AM

after ALL the spoiling Loki slept in the room last night with my son-- My son is never home-- sleeps here 2nights out of 60 maybe.. but is in and out all the time to touch his stuff.... Loki just loves him and my son is loving Loki back...

His friends were over last night and in typical loud young men form.. big voices and laughter.. louder than me body movement as they move fast thru the house.. Loki was enjoying himself-- it was interesting to watch, men and women with them are so different. Lexa new these boys growing up from their 15 age range.. she loved them all, and they all spoiled her for those 10 years... Loki was moving fast to try and sit by this one.. sit on the feet of this one. chomping on his bone agressively.. then I would get down on the floor with him and love on him.. he would look at me, like Mom not in front of the boys.... -- really...

I was getting a kick out of it so much, .. then when my son comes back from the late night dinner snack at midnight, he goes to sleep in his room.. and Loki follows .. sleeps and cuddles with him.. all night.. forgets I even exist..

in the morning he did come to me and cuddle for 5 mins before we got up to go out-- 6:00 am..

this photo is the dobeman pillow block-- the breeze was coming in this morning and I had to block it with the pillows .. had to :devil:

Attached Files

My Beloved Lexa (April 1998 --Jan 2008)
My Cherished Loki -SCD ( May 2008- August 2012) *
http://www.secondcha...ic=6378&hl=loki
Baby Koda

#66 Dobiegirl51

Dobiegirl51

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 09:09 AM

What a life this lucky boy fell into!!!!!!

Happy 4th to you and Loki

#67 Bgstk0529

Bgstk0529

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:07 AM

Nothing better than Loki stories and pictures to start the day. Think maybe, since it's a holiday, he'll get some treats today? On top of his daily of course. :devil:

#68 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 11:12 AM

I love these posts of Loki, what a lucky boy! By the way, nice 'visual' of the stick-figure son!! :devil:
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

-Mark Twain-

#69 dobbiehearted

dobbiehearted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 12:57 AM

I had an busy weekend and the last day Sunday was relax time.. I met my new cousin Marley-- we actually look alike.. Nichole and Jims doberboy......... it was a dober-boy afternoon and the girls had to stay in the house... (Maggie and Milley-- they were being so lady like as we played)

then after some introduction that went very well, we played, we went home... I will post more pics of that part of the weekend later..

I ended the weekend chilling in the backyard, and as Nichole and Jim say.. "dobermans dont do concrete".. ahh yeah..

Attached Files

Baby Koda

#70 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:55 AM

Loki you look so happy and content! Pictures of you playing with Marley would have been nice to see!! :devil:
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

-Mark Twain-

#71 dobbiehearted

dobbiehearted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 08:53 AM

just an update on the Lokster... or Lokisteeno is his new name around here...

he was so sleepy for this photo session-- he asked me to take them though.. :P Attached File  100_5057.JPG   550.89KB   1 downloads

He is relaxing in his crate as long as someone is in house...

He is saying "can I get my eyes open first please?" Attached File  100_5084.JPG   339.57KB   1 downloads

I love this one-- he looks like a baby-- he is about to yawnAttached File  100_5087.JPG   361.91KB   3 downloads

Attached File  100_5089.JPG   283.68KB   1 downloads yawning

love his face here Attached File  100_5090.JPG   282.8KB   1 downloads

Attached Files

Baby Koda

#72 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 04:03 PM

Cute pics, Janet!
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#73 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:10 PM

Love the pictures! He looks very content.

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#74 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:38 PM

In the last one it looks like he is watching tv, too cute.

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#75 dobbiehearted

dobbiehearted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 12:44 PM

more Loki..

I am seeing him even now make some changes for the better.. it warms my heart to watch this... he use to scamper still like a big strong boy, but come after me in to the house as soon as he saw me getting up in the backyard.. he would stand there at the door for 25 mins until I came back out or let him in.. no barking, just there.. as he just couldnt not understand the concept of being in the backyard without me out there..

So in the last month, he has started to lay on the big swing cushion that is now his... he sees me go in and then sits out there on his own and is on squirrel watch.......or just chilling in the sun... I sometimes know it is getting close to the 15 minute mark so I will make a noise for him to hear me and then look as if oh yeah there is mom in the house.... he stays out there for good amounts of time.... so to me this is huge... he is very comfy with his backyard and seems to be very relaxed back there now...

Loki as you all know is my second dog after my one and only Lexa.... and I tell you now as many of you tried and explain to me..... this love thing is so easy..it just happens and you love them madly once again. it is something others can tell you about and you read the words.. but you must walk it for yourself... so now I add my words.. I cherish Lexa and she will be that love of my life dog.... but now this one is an entire different adventure and my heart is over flowing for him and there is no difference in the love.. just the details of it...

Loki is my new baby with his new personality and ways..... he is so good and wants to please.. listens very well....except while chasing something.. he goes in to a zone..... He was in a completely closed in baseball diamond... running like a maniac chasing these birds who were low flying around... he wore him self out to exhaustion... I just stood there and watched him.. I was glad for the fence or I would of been in trouble.. he would of never been off leash if the fence was not there..

I thought this leather coat that Lexa use to wear may be a bit too feminine for him......but on a second glance it seems to be manly enough.. what do you guys think??-- am I just blinded because I want him to wear it...... to not buy another coat... or is this a bit dobbie-cross-dresser-like??-- truth

Attached Files

Baby Koda

#76 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 02:50 PM

I vote 'yes' on the coat! It looks like a uni-sex type coat. He looks very manly in it, in my opinion. But he looks really sweet and cuddly wrapped up in the afghan!! :thumbsup:
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

-Mark Twain-

#77 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 04:20 PM

That coat is as manly as the one Buddy wears. He and Alley have identical coats. I think Loki looks good in it. Of course, he looks good in anything! :flower: Glad to hear he is relaxing now and settling in to his home. Your patience is paying off, and Loki is benefiting. Once you find yourself loving your new kid, they just seem to fit, it just feels right... we understand. :thumbsup:

Edited by doberpagegirl, 06 October 2008 - 05:21 PM.

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#78 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 05:24 PM

Loki as you all know is my second dog after my one and only Lexa.... and I tell you now as many of you tried and explain to me..... this love thing is so easy..it just happens and you love them madly once again. it is something others can tell you about and you read the words.. but you must walk it for yourself... so now I add my words.. I cherish Lexa and she will be that love of my life dog.... but now this one is an entire different adventure and my heart is over flowing for him and there is no difference in the love.. just the details of it...

I love how you phrased this. I think I really understand what you're saying because I'm going through a very similar experience. The coat looks good on Loki! I think it is very gender-neutral.

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#79 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 06:29 PM

I think Loki looks wonderful in the coat and especially love that last picture, all wrapped up. Glad everything is going much better for both of you, it does take time to really "connect" to each other, keep up the good work.
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#80 dobbiehearted

dobbiehearted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:57 PM

and how could I forget this... as I reported when he first came home.. lots of cuddles but no doberman kisses.......... that was ok, I had concluded it is just not his way....

wellll-- he every now and then, only when he seems to really feel close.........he gives a lick to the face.. he nuzzles and is a bit more lovey.... it melts me as I just thought he doesnt give kisses......... and he does "sometimes" :thumbsup: :flower:
Baby Koda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users