Annie Moon

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:25 PM

YAY !!!! Wonderful news !
I'm glad Nitro got such a great home, AND
that Mary found a new boy to ease her heartache.
Congratulations to you both !

p.s. Pictures please. :P
In Memory of Mariah He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.  ~Unknown~

#22 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:53 AM

People, I am so sorry for not getting back to you sooner. First, I want to say that meeting Jill and John for the first time was wonderful, both are wonderful people and it broke my heart that John lost his dearest. And still had it in his heart to help a poor, pained old woman (me, not Arda) get Nitro back to the car and help me out of the drive. Second, I have to say that I did change Nitro's name to Nemo because it was too close to TItan or Ti and I couldn't stop calling him Titan. Third, this is one beautiful soul. He is such a lover and those are some of the best dogs. He learns quick. He sits for treats now and his dinner, he had 2 accidents in the house and none since. Understands going potty. And to lay down, but he is a little skittish yet and he has come so far and I love him dearly. He loves to snuggle like T. He has had his ears cleaned and 2 baths with special soap so he isn't too sure of me. He sees our vet today just for a once over. I am paranoid

Love all your well wishes

Mary and Nemo

PS pictures to follow one day

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#23 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:07 AM

Nemo, Is one very happy boy now that he found you. good luck at the vet appointment.
I'm looking forward to pictures. He should feel so much better after his baths.
I thought he would be a real good boy and learn quick. Because he did have a home
before they left the poor boy at a boarding kennel and never came back for him :P
Nemo is a great dog and will love you just as much back.

Thanks from Nemo

Jill

#24 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:24 AM

Mary; go easy with him. Remember that he was dumped at a boarding facility and all she had was an outside run for them. That was from June till we picked them up. He loves to lean and he is put up ery well. The hair has started to come in but it will take forever. He needed good care a long time ago.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#25 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:43 AM

Thanks for the update on Nemo. I would expect him to be a little skittish at first, they all are when they get adopted. He is not sure what to expect, but as soon as he has a routine established his true 'self' will emerge. Looking forward to the pictures.
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Darlin' Darcy - CGC
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC
SCD's Liddle Diddles - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
SCD's One Cool Dude (7/05-4/10)
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)
Sheeba (BYB) (11/82-4/93)

#26 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:13 AM

"Nemo" name is great, he will learn it quick..
It wont take he too long to fit right in
with your routine.. He is a sweet boy..
Just needs alots of TLC & will be like hes
always been with you..
Poor guy, being dumped at a boarding kennel for
monthes then to SCD! He deserves chance at a good
life.. :P

#27 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:13 AM

Mary and Nemo,
I think Nemo is an awesome name! I would never have thought of that! That will set him apart from "T."
That being said as I told you before as you learn more about Nemo you will see all of the wonderful, but different characteristics he will have that will also set him apart from "T." Mary, I couldn't be more happier for you if it was me, myself!!
I cannot wait to see some pictures of him!
Melissa K.

#28 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:04 AM

I can't wait to see pictures of Nemo. Are he and Mollie getting along? I'm so happy for you both. What a perfect match, you two needed each other.

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#29 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:07 AM

Nemo......Captain Nemo............ :P
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#30 IcesMommy

IcesMommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 10:14 AM

People, I am so sorry for not getting back to you sooner. First, I want to say that meeting Jill and John for the first time was wonderful, both are wonderful people and it broke my heart that John lost his dearest. And still had it in his heart to help a poor, pained old woman (me, not Arda) get Nitro back to the car and help me out of the drive. Second, I have to say that I did change Nitro's name to Nemo because it was too close to TItan or Ti and I couldn't stop calling him Titan. Third, this is one beautiful soul. He is such a lover and those are some of the best dogs. He learns quick. He sits for treats now and his dinner, he had 2 accidents in the house and none since. Understands going potty. And to lay down, but he is a little skittish yet and he has come so far and I love him dearly. He loves to snuggle like T. He has had his ears cleaned and 2 baths with special soap so he isn't too sure of me. He sees our vet today just for a once over. I am paranoid

Love all your well wishes

Mary and Nemo

PS pictures to follow one day

Mary, I knew it would be wonderful for both of you..I pray Nemo's health is good, I understand the nervousness after what you went through.
What a Blessing though, like I said earlier-now we know the reason Angel's new parents took only her. God had Nemo on reserve for you!
Ginny

Mommy to Beautiful Ice Goddess "Ices"
Born March 31 1997
Gotcha Day from her first Mommy Arda December 6 1998
Returned Home To God October 14 2008

Mommy to Luna (chi)
and SCD Fancy Joye!

Genesis 1:30
All the creatures are given breath by God, breath=soul
All souls go to Heaven.

Our babies are all waiting for us, for how could it be called Heaven without animals?

#31 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:07 PM

I can't wait to see pictures of Nemo. Are he and Mollie getting along? I'm so happy for you both. What a perfect match, you two needed each other.

He and Mollie are getting along ok. Mollie is still mourning. She is breaking my heart. she stays upstairs most of the time. She barely eats. As far as my back will allow me I have walked both of them and they were wonderful. Neither one was allowed to walk in front of me, but by my side or behind me and they were so good. I was very proud. I spoke to Krista at Tri City and she thinks the concern right now should be Mollie, not leave Nemo out, but make it more about her because of the deep mourning she is in. I am calling the vet tomorrow, they know my number so well that they are going to stop answering. But she is concerning me. She cannot go this long without eating. She did it once about a year ago and nothing checked out at the vet. So I don't know what to do. She will get through it with Nemo and my help. He is so loving. Even loves the cat, can you believe it.
Getting back to Krista, we're enrolling both dogs in March and see what happens.
I AM HONESTLY trying Arda. I told Krista my dogs sleep with me and she was upset and said absolutely no. Nemo has not nor will he sleep with me or get on my furniture. And he will still be a love

Mary

PS any time you see me write T or Titan, forgive me. I loved him with my whole soul

Mary and Nemo

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#32 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:13 PM

Mary; go easy with him. Remember that he was dumped at a boarding facility and all she had was an outside run for them. That was from June till we picked them up. He loves to lean and he is put up ery well. The hair has started to come in but it will take forever. He needed good care a long time ago.

Arda, I am not sure what to do. Mollie needs attention right now and Nemo certainly has had it bad. Who do I tend to first? Nemo is velcro with a capitol V and I have been putting things around when I am on the computer so he leaves me alone but can still be with me. Krista suggested taking both dogs to PetSupplyPlus,. but bring in Mollie only. When she starts her tension and barking either use a sprayer that she does not know I have or treat her with hot dogs, etc when she quiets. So the next couple of days they are going to get tired of us, but let's see what happens Suggestions? I know nothing about dogs, I thought I did but I truly do not and I want to learn more than anything.
Any help would be so appreciated from all.

thanks, mary and nemo

Stanley Coren

#33 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:15 PM

Thanks for the update on Nemo. I would expect him to be a little skittish at first, they all are when they get adopted. He is not sure what to expect, but as soon as he has a routine established his true 'self' will emerge. Looking forward to the pictures.

When I say skittish I mean he cowards-try to put his collar on and he cowers, things like that. That is normal?

Mary

Stanley Coren

#34 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:19 PM

"Nemo" name is great, he will learn it quick..
It wont take he too long to fit right in
with your routine.. He is a sweet boy..
Just needs alots of TLC & will be like hes
always been with you..
Poor guy, being dumped at a boarding kennel for
monthes then to SCD! He deserves chance at a good
life.. :P

It is always good to see you, Daisy, thank-you for the supplement names. I printed 2 sets of "Storm's Regimen", she is a blue and gave one to the vet and kept one. He is going to look it over and help me with some of the doses for Nemo.
He suggested a skin biopsy because that will definately give us the answer if this is CDA, and he feels that is untreatable. I wouldn't let him. I told him that scared me. He toldme that he wouldn't hurt. I said i know I just don't want to know the answers. None of my babies biopsies have been nothing but bad.

Mary

Stanley Coren

#35 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

Mary and Nemo,
I think Nemo is an awesome name! I would never have thought of that! That will set him apart from "T."
That being said as I told you before as you learn more about Nemo you will see all of the wonderful, but different characteristics he will have that will also set him apart from "T." Mary, I couldn't be more happier for you if it was me, myself!!
I cannot wait to see some pictures of him!
Melissa K.

Zoo Girl I will write when I have time, but it has been a terrible few days getting settled. I will try by tomorrow.
Mary

Stanley Coren

#36 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:21 PM

Nemo, Is one very happy boy now that he found you. good luck at the vet appointment.
I'm looking forward to pictures. He should feel so much better after his baths.
I thought he would be a real good boy and learn quick. Because he did have a home
before they left the poor boy at a boarding kennel and never came back for him :P
Nemo is a great dog and will love you just as much back.

Thanks from Nemo

Jill

Vet said that he was healthy as could be considering he had no hair, but his skin is nice and it is. Stool sample was negative. We're on our way to a long life.

Mary

Stanley Coren

#37 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:23 PM

Nemo......Captain Nemo............ :P

When I thought of the name I thought of the fish in Disney's movie, how terrible to name a dobe after a freaky fish. Oh well.

Mary

Stanley Coren

#38 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:24 PM

Mary, I knew it would be wonderful for both of you..I pray Nemo's health is good, I understand the nervousness after what you went through.
What a Blessing though, like I said earlier-now we know the reason Angel's new parents took only her. God had Nemo on reserve for you!
Ginny

Thanks Ginny I will PM you later too, take it easy and don't make yourself worse, darn it.

mary

Stanley Coren

#39 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 05:25 PM

YAY !!!! Wonderful news !
I'm glad Nitro got such a great home, AND
that Mary found a new boy to ease her heartache.
Congratulations to you both !

p.s. Pictures please. :P

Annie he is going to very easy to ease my heartbreak, now we have to work on Mollie.

Mary

Stanley Coren

#40 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:41 PM

When I say skittish I mean he cowards-try to put his collar on and he cowers, things like that. That is normal?

Mary

I would say that is normal, being as you just brought him home 2 days ago. He's not sure what you are going to do, who knows what his life used to be. Once he is adjusted to you and your routines, I'm willing to bet he doesn't cower anymore. :P
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Darlin' Darcy - CGC
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC
SCD's Liddle Diddles - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
SCD's One Cool Dude (7/05-4/10)
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)
Sheeba (BYB) (11/82-4/93)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users