146 replies to this topic

#41 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:16 PM

Zoo girl? haha that made me laugh!! I know you are busy with Nemo. NO worries, I have bronchitis now anyways and couldn't / can't talk at all hardly. Throat is blood raw.
Hugs,
Melissa

#42 IcesMommy

IcesMommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:40 PM

Zoo girl? haha that made me laugh!! I know you are busy with Nemo. NO worries, I have bronchitis now anyways and couldn't / can't talk at all hardly. Throat is blood raw.
Hugs,
Melissa

Oh my goodness, I hope you are on an antibiotic and probiotic?
Are you gargling with salt and water, gently? Sip tea with honey and lemon..I am sure you know
all these things lol..you just sound rough with the blood raw throat! :cry:
I am feeling the same as you are too, first time since 2001 I've had a flu like thingy. My chest feel pneumonia-ish
and my throat is evil, my eyes hurt to move too. I hope it's not bird flu :P
Maybe it's dog flu, I've gotta stop kissing them on the mouth, I know. But if I didn't learn from campylobacter, I'll never learn!
Ginny

Mommy to Beautiful Ice Goddess "Ices"
Born March 31 1997
Gotcha Day from her first Mommy Arda December 6 1998
Returned Home To God October 14 2008

Mommy to Luna (chi)
and SCD Fancy Joye!

Genesis 1:30
All the creatures are given breath by God, breath=soul
All souls go to Heaven.

Our babies are all waiting for us, for how could it be called Heaven without animals?

#43 IcesMommy

IcesMommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:47 PM

Thanks Ginny I will PM you later too, take it easy and don't make yourself worse, darn it.

mary

I know you are super busy...
I am ok, started my antibiotics, which I resisted for a while but gave in :cry:
Sounds like things are going to be OK with Nemo doll...I'll pray for Mollie though.
Have you tried enticing her with home cooking (I mean the good stuff/lean etc?) just to initiate some desire?
Oh boy, hope to hear good things about her soon! I had Ices on two homeopathics to instigate hunger, as well as alfalfa pills...
The natural remedy was called BioStrath....
Ginny

Born March 31 1997

Mommy to Luna (chi)
and SCD Fancy Joye!

All souls go to Heaven.

Our babies are all waiting for us, for how could it be called Heaven without animals?

#44 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:27 PM

I would say that is normal, being as you just brought him home 2 days ago. He's not sure what you are going to do, who knows what his life used to be. Once he is adjusted to you and your routines, I'm willing to bet he doesn't cower anymore. :cry:

Makes a lot of sense, poor boy.

Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#45 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:42 PM

I know you are super busy...
I am ok, started my antibiotics, which I resisted for a while but gave in :cry:
Sounds like things are going to be OK with Nemo doll...I'll pray for Mollie though.
Have you tried enticing her with home cooking (I mean the good stuff/lean etc?) just to initiate some desire?
Oh boy, hope to hear good things about her soon! I had Ices on two homeopathics to instigate hunger, as well as alfalfa pills...
The natural remedy was called BioStrath....
Ginny

I never thought of more natural food. I have been doing the apple and carrots in the food processor with cottage cheese and yogurt, but no meats

Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#46 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 01:26 AM

I'm sorry Mollie isn't eating. I can't imagine any of mine ignoring cottage cheese. They love it. I really don't know what else you could tempt her with, except maybe some chicken or turkey? I hope her heart starts to heal soon.

I'm glad to hear Nemo is doing so well. "Even loves the cat", what a good boy, he knows he has a good thing and he is willing to tolerate a few cats to keep it. :cry: Good luck with the training.

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#47 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:00 AM

I am taking antibiotics yep.. Now my daughter is sick with it......"blood raw" throat probably came from my mouth because I am reading vampire books LOL....sounded natural? lol

#48 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:19 AM

Mary and Nemo,
I think Nemo is an awesome name! I would never have thought of that! That will set him apart from "T."
That being said as I told you before as you learn more about Nemo you will see all of the wonderful, but different characteristics he will have that will also set him apart from "T." Mary, I couldn't be more happier for you if it was me, myself!!
I cannot wait to see some pictures of him!
Melissa K.

I was thinking that Nemo the fish had a small fin and my Nemo has no hair. both Defective but lovable

Stanley Coren

#49 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:20 AM

I am taking antibiotics yep.. Now my daughter is sick with it......"blood raw" throat probably came from my mouth because I am reading vampire books LOL....sounded natural? lol

Or talk a lot

Stanley Coren

#50 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:22 AM

I'm sorry Mollie isn't eating. I can't imagine any of mine ignoring cottage cheese. They love it. I really don't know what else you could tempt her with, except maybe some chicken or turkey? I hope her heart starts to heal soon.

I'm glad to hear Nemo is doing so well. "Even loves the cat", what a good boy, he knows he has a good thing and he is willing to tolerate a few cats to keep it. :cry: Good luck with the training.

Sara, who and Joaquin took your two to maddie at Swan Valley didn't you? she is off right now so we are going to Tri City. they have a good rep.

Mary

Stanley Coren

#51 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:48 AM

HA HA Mary......but I guess you do know I talk ALOT!!!
Hugs!

#52 IcesMommy

IcesMommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:27 PM

It's horrible isn't it...the throat! LOL@ the the vampiress language :cry:

Born March 31 1997

Mommy to Luna (chi)
and SCD Fancy Joye!

All souls go to Heaven.

#53 IcesMommy

IcesMommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:32 PM

Mary, when you get a chance look into BioStrath for Mollie!

I know "Storm's" regimen, I have it saved and know you are doing great things for NEMO doll
I also know you are supplementing with good foods/fruits etc. Besides the Missing Link (which is great) is another
product (can't remember if I emailed you that one?) that I have Fancy Joye on for the fur/skin. Besides her Solid Gold
multi vitamin and 1200 mg fish oil, I also have her on Biologic Vet. Check them out, reasonable price too.
I would LOVE to buy Show Stopper, just having a hard time finding it in Canada.

http://www.biologicn...cts/bioskin.htm

Now there main page has all their products listed, including multi/joint info.
I don't use any other because I have the girls on PURICA RECOVERY for preventative joint issues and I like the Solid Gold multi.
Anyway, just something to look into for Nemo..

Ginny
ps. meant to add, do you have the kids on a Digestive Enzyme? It's so important as to make sure they are fully absorbing their nutrients!
Personally I use Prozyme.

Edited by IcesMommy, 11 February 2009 - 12:34 PM.

Born March 31 1997

Mommy to Luna (chi)
and SCD Fancy Joye!

All souls go to Heaven.

#54 dcarl47312

dcarl47312

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:43 PM

Hi Mary;
I'm so happy for you, and even more so for Nemo! Just my unqualified guess but I would make a point of spending a lot of affection on Mollie if she seems depressed.I'm sure coming out of the situations Nemo's been in,even if you just give him the "leftover"affection,he'll know you're a wonderful,loving mom and Mollie won't think she's being left aside.I read something long ago about people typically just spending every waking moment lavishing attention on a new dog,then the newness wears off and they settle into reality and the dog thinks it's done something wrong or starts getting separation anxiety because of the lessend attention.I don't mean to imply that's what you would do,just that I'm sure Nemo will be fine if you focus on making sure Mollie's reassured.Also,I'd give Nemo at least 3 or 4 months to even realize this is going to be his forever home!! After bouncing around from place to place,they don't know what's going on for a while and it's only natural for them to be a little traumatised and insecure,especially being such smart dogs.I know you'll be a wonderful Mom,thanks for giving Nemo your home and heart!!!!; Don

#55 IcesMommy

IcesMommy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:54 PM

Hi Mary;
I'm so happy for you, and even more so for Nemo! Just my unqualified guess but I would make a point of spending a lot of affection on Mollie if she seems depressed.I'm sure coming out of the situations Nemo's been in,even if you just give him the "leftover"affection,he'll know you're a wonderful,loving mom and Mollie won't think she's being left aside.I read something long ago about people typically just spending every waking moment lavishing attention on a new dog,then the newness wears off and they settle into reality and the dog thinks it's done something wrong or starts getting separation anxiety because of the lessend attention.I don't mean to imply that's what you would do,just that I'm sure Nemo will be fine if you focus on making sure Mollie's reassured.Also,I'd give Nemo at least 3 or 4 months to even realize this is going to be his forever home!! After bouncing around from place to place,they don't know what's going on for a while and it's only natural for them to be a little traumatised and insecure,especially being such smart dogs.I know you'll be a wonderful Mom,thanks for giving Nemo your home and heart!!!!; Don

Once again, fantastic advice!
That completely makes sense about the attention degree changing and leaving the dog in wonderment at the very least.
I maul mine all the time, every day...but I am probably not the "norm."
I have a feeling Mary is like me, but that was brilliant to have remembered reading that!
I also agree, for now Mollie is priority. Nemo is definitely not going to go without! I have continued to keep Luna as number one for
"firsts", Fancy sure isn't lacking because of it and Luna is secure.
Ginny

Born March 31 1997

Mommy to Luna (chi)
and SCD Fancy Joye!

All souls go to Heaven.

#56 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 05:30 PM

Sara, who and Joaquin took your two to maddie at Swan Valley didn't you? she is off right now so we are going to Tri City. they have a good rep.

Mary

Yes, Maddie was our trainer at Swan Valley. We are taking Bay there in April, the trainer isn't Maddie, it's Diane Thayer, but Maddie says Diane is who taught her how to train 20yrs ago. Maddie say's we'll love her. I'm sure if she taught Maddie she will be good, I know Maddie is. Good luck with Tri City, it sounds like the trainer knows her stuff. One of the first things Maddie said was NO FURNITURE. I sympathize, it was really hard for me to give up having my kids in bed too. Page always slept in our bed, we didn't know any better then, and I was missing her so much when we brought these two home. It was really hard for me to accept that she was a one time deal. It can't be like that if I want a pack. And I want a pack. :cry:

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#57 Kzoo

Kzoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 06:22 PM

Tate sleeps with us, but he is a dachshund. No worries there with him, it's been four years...........but he knows he is NOT the boss in our house at all. Just the boss of my husband j/k. Seriously, I wonder why dobes can't sleep with us without getting their noses bent out of shape. I just know not to do it, because it works NOT too.

#58 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

Mary, when you get a chance look into BioStrath for Mollie!

I know "Storm's" regimen, I have it saved and know you are doing great things for NEMO doll
I also know you are supplementing with good foods/fruits etc. Besides the Missing Link (which is great) is another
product (can't remember if I emailed you that one?) that I have Fancy Joye on for the fur/skin. Besides her Solid Gold
multi vitamin and 1200 mg fish oil, I also have her on Biologic Vet. Check them out, reasonable price too.
I would LOVE to buy Show Stopper, just having a hard time finding it in Canada.

http://www.biologicn...cts/bioskin.htm

Now there main page has all their products listed, including multi/joint info.
I don't use any other because I have the girls on PURICA RECOVERY for preventative joint issues and I like the Solid Gold multi.
Anyway, just something to look into for Nemo..

Ginny
ps. meant to add, do you have the kids on a Digestive Enzyme? It's so important as to make sure they are fully absorbing their nutrients!
Personally I use Prozyme.

I already copied Storm's regimen and gave it to my vet to check. He said they are seeing dogs have bad reactions to the melatonin so be careful. He is going to read it over and let me know the doses tht are good for his size. But you know that Storm never had the symptoms of CDA, his whole regimen was to prevent it. Nemo is having a skin biopsy on Friday to see if his is really CDA, which there is no cure for and very little that can be done to help the coat. I at first refused, because all my dogs biopsies have been so bad news, but i finally agreed. I just pray it is not CDA, but an allergy or thyroid or something very fixable.. I'll never get this vet paid off at this rate.

mary and Nemo

Stanley Coren

#59 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:32 PM

It's horrible isn't it...the throat! LOL@ the the vampiress language :cry:

And another talker, hmmmmm

Stanley Coren

#60 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:51 PM

Hi Mary;

Thanks Don. I really was torn about what to do, but the trainer said the same thing. Take Mollie to Petsmart with me and bring her favorite treats and stay in the store as long as she can tolerate it. that was about 5 min today and that was ok. She just has withdrawn to the point tht she is afraid of everything, person and dog, except Nemo. Isn't that funny. I think they will be friends. She actually started to eat today (cooked chicken someone recommended) and playing a little, but wouldn't play with Nemo even though he was dying to do so.
Mollie needs more socialization. I wouldn't mind bringing her down to SCD with Nemo some day when things are not hectic if someone can give me a date. My friends and family are not dog people like me. They will be no help.

Mary

Stanley Coren

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users