20 replies to this topic

#1 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:37 PM

Thankyou to everyone that came out this weekend to work with the kids !!

Attached Files

Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#2 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:42 PM

Training Day .

Attached Files

Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#3 Kennysmom

Kennysmom

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 05:47 PM

Those are some really special dogs out there. Today was probably the most relaxing day I've had in a long time. At least out there, I don't have all of the other every day stressers on my mind.
For the love of K.A.T.
Kenny, Akina (R.I.P.) & Tanner

#4 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:35 PM

It was a fun day and lots of nice dogs, just waiting to find their "special" home. The pictures are very nice, we all look like we were having fun.
My "wild child" needs lots of work too, she gets so excited when she is around other dogs, silly girl. At home she is so good at her obedience work too, but puts me to shame when in public, but, she is very young yet, so hopefully time will get better.
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#5 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:05 PM

Everyone did a great job getting these wild kids used to leashes. They were all very good. I'm very proud of them and all of you. Of course I do have a little pity for Lisa.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#6 Stacie

Stacie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:54 PM

Everyone did a great job getting these wild kids used to leashes. They were all very good. I'm very proud of them and all of you. Of course I do have a little pitty for Lisa.

Lisa was asking for it the minute she put Kenny and Akina in the kennel next to her! You know she had all intentions of going home with a new baby - even if it is a foster! :sorcerer:
"Qui me amat, amat et canem meum" (Love me, love my dog)
The more people I meet the more I like my dog
"If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience"
-Woodrow Wilson
"Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate in their object-relations."
-Sigmund Freud

#7 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:58 PM

We'll be waiting for updates and DoberStories.
Diana and Nixx

#8 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:39 PM

Lisa was asking for it the minute she put Kenny and Akina in the kennel next to her! You know she had all intentions of going home with a new baby - even if it is a foster! :hug:

We'll see if it STAYS a foster :sorcerer:
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#9 Bgstk0529

Bgstk0529

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:45 PM

:sorcerer:

Edited by Bgstk0529, 22 October 2007 - 07:25 AM.

#10 Melissa34

Melissa34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 04:47 AM

who did Lisa take?
If you pick up a starving Dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man..." -- Mark Twain

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. -Roger Caras

#11 Kennysmom

Kennysmom

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 06:32 AM

I brought Christa home to FOSTER. Now that Akina has established her place in the pack, everything is settling in nicely. She's going to make some family very happy. She's a very sweet and smart little girl.
And luckily she's very quiet because thanks to our lovely Michigan weather, I have a migraine today. So, after Akina gets done running her little heart out this morning....I am going back to bed.

Edited by Kennysmom, 22 October 2007 - 06:53 AM.

For the love of K.A.T.
Kenny, Akina (R.I.P.) & Tanner

#12 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:38 AM

It was a fun day and lots of nice dogs, just waiting to find their "special" home. The pictures are very nice, we all look like we were having fun.
My "wild child" needs lots of work too, she gets so excited when she is around other dogs, silly girl. At home she is so good at her obedience work too, but puts me to shame when in public, but, she is very young yet, so hopefully time will get better.

Diane, my Titan is as gentle as a kitten AT HOME. Loves to play with Mollie and Cocoa. But as everyone knows in public he doesn't seem to like anything on 4 legs. I was very embarrassed at the Reunion, but love him with my whole heart.

Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#13 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:39 AM

You guys are awesome. OMG so many beautiful dogs, and the pups looked so cute on leases. It was hard to see them in the grass.

Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#14 Sydneysmom

Sydneysmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:39 AM

OK now I am even more upset with myself!!!
I wanted to go SO BAD this weekend!! I would be in doggy-heaven! :sorcerer:
My husband had to work all weekend, I tried to get my good friend - who is a dog trainer to come with me,
but she told me her husband would not be too happy if she left on Sunday to train more and my niece, who would have
LOVED to go with me injured herself again in therapy and had a bad weekend!
I don't have a reliable car - since my 'Deer-accident' mine is STILL in the collision shop! :hug:

I wanted to see all the dogs & meet all of you!!! I hope you schedule this again.
Can you just come out anytime and volunteer on a weekend to help around there?

And WHO is the pup that Joaquin is walking??? Spike? RRRRolph? Bullet?
Darn it I gotta get my husband there to see those BEAUTIFUL Dobes!!!

Glad the weekend was successful!!!!

#15 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 12:54 PM

That was Spike Joaquin has in that photo. There are a bunch of gorgeous dogs out there right now. I'm pretty sure they can use volunteers every weekend. Kari told us we can come down any weekend to help out.

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#16 Sydneysmom

Sydneysmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:31 PM

That was Spike Joaquin has in that photo. There are a bunch of gorgeous dogs out there right now. I'm pretty sure they can use volunteers every weekend. Kari told us we can come down any weekend to help out.

Thank you!!!
I thought that was Spike!! I have been "working" on my husband to go see that guy!!!

#17 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 01:49 PM

You guys did great and these dogs need this badly . Come out and work the dogs !! We will make the times for working dogs from 11am-1pm that way Arda can get the kids in the house out in the yard and get her beauty nap :sorcerer:

#18 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 02:37 PM

Mary and Diane,
Have Titan and Nixx been to obedience training? Mary I know you are in the Saginaw Area, and Maddie Berkobien offers training classes at Swan Valley High School. The first night I had to fight and drag Alley the whole way into class, she was WILD!! Maddie walked her around to all the dogs once, correcting her for jumping at them etc, and the second night when I took her in she was good as gold. It was AMAZING. The socialization with the other dogs in class will help them to realize there is not a threat from other dogs, and also that you are in charge of them no matter how many dogs are around. It will also help you. I feel so much more confident now that I have been shown how to correct her and what to do when she gets wild. I feel more in control and Alley senses that and she looks to me for direction now. Mary, Maddie is great and if you can get Titan into one of her classes I'm sure she can help him with that issue. The classes were very reasonable too, $80 for 8 weeks. Diane, I don't know where you are located, but if you could find a class near you, it might help Nixx with her socialization. I know it has done a world of good for Alley and I.
Sarah

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#19 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 03:22 PM

I wanted to come this past weekend. It looked like you all had fun. We all went to Iowa for the week. The dogs did real good with the 10 hour drive. and they were as good as gold meeting all the relatives.
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#20 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:10 AM

Diane, my Titan is as gentle as a kitten AT HOME. Loves to play with Mollie and Cocoa. But as everyone knows in public he doesn't seem to like anything on 4 legs. I was very embarrassed at the Reunion, but love him with my whole heart.

Mary

Same with Nixx, she gets very excited to see other dogs, with her screaming she does. She is not aggressive, just vocal. I will be the first to admit, she needs lots of work yet and I have put a lot of work into her already, but, she is young and a typical female Dobe, and they take a lot of hard work to finally get to where you want them. We lost a lot of ground with her being laid up after the surgery, so we are trying to get back on track. It takes a lot longer and much work when taking on a rescue that has not had much structure as a pup, as we all know.
We will all get there in time, happy training to all.
Diana and Nixx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users