14 replies to this topic

#1 CathieRenee

CathieRenee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:10 PM

Zeus and I start Beginning Obedience on March 10th. Even though he is really very good here, I am so excited to start classes. I think we will both benefit from training.

We did not start earlier as I was unsure of who was a good trainer and who was not in this area. This trainer usually does private classes but has started a small group class. I did speak with her on the phone, she asked me about Zeus and my goals for him. I really liked what she had to say, her questions to me and her responses to my questions.

Now we can also practice for our CGC this year too!

Cathie
Zeus - SCD Reigning Thunder, WAC, TT
Belle the Princess Cat
Casey - CTS Callisto's Eclipse, CGC, WAC, TT (05/14/96 - 02/15/07)

"Do not make the mistake of treating your dogs like humans or they will treat you like dogs." - Martha Scott

#2 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 07:56 PM

Sounds like you and Zeus will be having fun this spring! We enjoyed taking obedience classes, we always learned something new in them. Good luck with getting his CGC!!

Edited by bumpster, 24 February 2008 - 07:56 PM.

You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#3 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:17 PM

Zeus and I start Beginning Obedience on March 10th. Even though he is really very good here, I am so excited to start classes. I think we will both benefit from training.

We did not start earlier as I was unsure of who was a good trainer and who was not in this area. This trainer usually does private classes but has started a small group class. I did speak with her on the phone, she asked me about Zeus and my goals for him. I really liked what she had to say, her questions to me and her responses to my questions.

Now we can also practice for our CGC this year too!

Hope you and Zeus have fun. Where are you taking the classes? I am also in the Grand Rapids area. Is it with Mary Beth? If so, you will really like her.
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#4 CathieRenee

CathieRenee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:37 PM

Hope you and Zeus have fun. Where are you taking the classes? I am also in the Grand Rapids area. Is it with Mary Beth? If so, you will really like her.

Yes...it is with Mary Beth. I am so glad that you know of her. She is doing the classes at the Chow Hound on Northland Dr.

Cathie
Belle the Princess Cat

"Do not make the mistake of treating your dogs like humans or they will treat you like dogs." - Martha Scott

#5 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 09:26 PM

Yes...it is with Mary Beth. I am so glad that you know of her. She is doing the classes at the Chow Hound on Northland Dr.

I saw her flyer at work (vet). I had talked to her some time ago and she said she was going to get a class going again. She was at the Rockford community Ed for awhile. I do think the price is a little high or else I was way too cheap when I did classes at the vet clinic. I know you will enjoy it, she is very nice.
Diana and Nixx

#6 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:22 PM

Good luck to you and Zeus! I'm sure you guys will have a good time in class, and getting ready for the CGC. I am hoping to get Alley's CGC this year too.

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#7 CathieRenee

CathieRenee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 09:27 PM

Tonight was our 4th week of class. Mary Beth said she was very proud of us so far. I don't think we did that well tonight, but considering the little boy with the puppy that was teasing Zeus, the pair of Yorkies who decided to have a huge spat and the fire alarm going off several times, it was more distracting than usual.

Carol and Annie, who Carol adopted in November, is also in our class. Annie looks great!

Cathie
Belle the Princess Cat

#8 Kennysmom

Kennysmom

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 10:14 PM

Chow Hound...lol I worked there for a couple years (many years ago)at the store on Jupiter over by the "North Kent Mall" (or used to be anyway) I miss working that close with the animals.
Glad you and Zeus are having fun in class.

Edited by Kennysmom, 31 March 2008 - 10:15 PM.

For the love of K.A.T.
Kenny, Akina (R.I.P.) & Tanner

#9 CathieRenee

CathieRenee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:58 PM

Mary Beth is starting Obedience classes at the Rockford Schools Freshman Center in May.

Zeus and I will be in the Intermediate class and I think Carol and Annie are enrolling in that class too.
Diana, Lisa... are you interested?

Cathie
Belle the Princess Cat

#10 Kennysmom

Kennysmom

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:43 PM

Mary Beth is starting Obedience classes at the Rockford Schools Freshman Center in May.

Zeus and I will be in the Intermediate class and I think Carol and Annie are enrolling in that class too.

Rockford is an hour away.
I'm set up for a class in Lowell starting in June.
I can't remember her name though...Christine something.
For the love of K.A.T.

#11 CathieRenee

CathieRenee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:03 PM

Rockford is an hour away.
I'm set up for a class in Lowell starting in June.
I can't remember her name though...Christine something.

I saw the classes in Lowell, but didn't want to drive that far.
I really like Mary Beth, so I'm glad she is continuing classes up here.

Did you go check out the dog park in Lowell?

Cathie
Belle the Princess Cat

#12 Kennysmom

Kennysmom

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:30 PM

Did you go check out the dog park in Lowell?

Yup. Looked just like my backyard.
One out of the 3 people that were there seemed friendly enough.
The other two were kind of jerks. I said Dobermans and they both gave me this glare.
Then, they heard that I didn't live in Lowell and started giving me crap about that.
:sorcerer:
For the love of K.A.T.

#13 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:30 PM

I just saw the flyer too. We just started a class this week in Caledonia, which is a drive for us, but, it worked at the time. I may check into Mary Beth's class also. She had mentioned she wasn't doing the Rockford school, so things might have changed. Rockford is much closer for me, especially with the gas prices.
Diana and Nixx

#14 Kennysmom

Kennysmom

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:36 AM

I just saw the flyer too. We just started a class this week in Caledonia, which is a drive for us, but, it worked at the time. I may check into Mary Beth's class also. She had mentioned she wasn't doing the Rockford school, so things might have changed. Rockford is much closer for me, especially with the gas prices.

What did you find in Caledonia? I haven't been able to find anything close to me at all and that's only about 20 minutes.
For the love of K.A.T.

#15 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:44 PM

A friend of mine from the obedience club does the classes at the Duncan Lake Elementary school. Her name is Jan Mclean, she has Goldens. It is a ways to drive, but, dog club friends do favors for each other, so, my class is free, which is always good.
I suppose you could call the school and see if she is doing more in the future or maybe she does a drop in sort of thing, I know many do that. I will ask her next week too.
Diana and Nixx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users