18 replies to this topic

#1 dobie sunshine

dobie sunshine

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:58 PM

The Daniels family came out yesterday with their boxer Brandi, to meet Gavin. Gavin is a young boy who had a rough start in life, but he sure did hit the jackpot being adopted by his new family. We hope you have many happy years with Gavin. BTW your boxer is such a sweetheart.
Attached File  20161218_165048.jpg   107.52KB   1 downloads

#2 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 05:33 PM

The kids earned Gavin by taking care of the Brandi for 3 months without being told to.  Very nice kids.  I really like this adoption.  Now if Gavin can hold up his end, he's got it made in the shade.  Thumbs up on this one.  Happy Holidays!

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#3 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:18 PM

Nice looking family, congratulations!!
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#4 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 11:01 PM

This is awesome-what a wonderful Christmas present for all! Congratulations & Merry Christmas!

#5 Coopernlucy

Coopernlucy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:29 PM

Gavin won our hearts quickly! He paced around for about 30 minutes when we brought him home. Then decided things were going to be okay, and plopped down on my lap(pic below). He and Brandi are getting along great! He actually knows sit and lay down. Figured that out when I was feeding him...I have never met such a food motivated dog!! He has such a big heart and we are so happy to have him in our family. It was so nice to meet you both, Arda and Jackie! Thank you both for blessing us with this wonderful boy. By the way, we see our vet tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes 😁 But I'm sure they're going to love him!

Attached Files

#6 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:02 AM

Congratulations to the Daniels family.  Looks like Gavin hit the jackpot!  It's great to hear that he's already fitting in and getting along so well with his new sister.  He should be fun and easy to train, being very highly food-motivated.  :)

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#7 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 08:32 AM

I tried to get a hold of Jennifer to see how it was going.  I have to be a worried mother, it's my job.  Food motivated - NO-  it appears he was starved into behavior.  That and the scars around his neck tells me it's all going to be uphill for now on.  This is his Xmas present.  A new life that matters.  Thanks for giving him a chance.  Happy Holidays!

#8 dobie sunshine

dobie sunshine

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:18 AM

OMG this makes me so happy...I wanted to text you so bad to see how Gavin was doing...but I had a feeling that you would let us know. I am so glad he is fitting in so well and that he and Brandi are getting along so well...but then Brandi is a very nice girl, who couldn't get along with her. It was nice to meet you and your family, you have a very nice family. Thank you so much for giving Gavin a forever loving home.

#9 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:46 PM

What a happy new beginning for Gavin! He looks like he is making himself right at home. Thank you for giving him a home, and it's just in time for Christmas!

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#10 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 05:10 PM

Thank you for giving Gavin a wonderful home. We all know that this is what Arda lives for, a great home for all the

homeless dogs and to make sure they are safe. This is what puts a smile on Arda's  face and a tear in her eye.

She becomes so attached to all these dogs that she cares for. Thank you again for giving Gavin a second chance to have a happy life.

#11 Coopernlucy

Coopernlucy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:51 PM

Well our vet just loved Jax! We decided Gavin needed a new name for his new start in life. The vet said he's got a great temperament and gave him a clean bill of health and said he's sure Jax will be a great, happy, healthy dog. We had a fantastic Christmas and he loved all our visitors! He was a little nervous during gift opening...he watched from the kitchen! But overall, we all had fun! Happy holidays!

#12 dobie sunshine

dobie sunshine

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:05 PM

Thanks for the great update. I am sure by next Christmas that the opening of gifts won't even bother him, I am sure he will be a more confident dog by then. Love is new name. Give Jax and Brandi some love for me. Thanks for giving Jax a great home.

#13 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:19 PM

Thanks so much for this update.  I get paid to worry.  Jax is a great new name for a great new start.

#14 Coopernlucy

Coopernlucy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:56 PM

Painted a table today. Jax put some personal touches on the project too....he used his whiskers, ears and his rear end! At least it matches the white spots on his head. He is such a clown!! 🤡

Attached Files

#15 dobie sunshine

dobie sunshine

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:49 PM

Oh you just made my day...I am glad he was a big help painting lol. Dobes always seem to have to have there nose into what you are doing. Thanks for keeping us updated on his silly antics.

#16 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:06 PM

Oh my gosh, he is so cute!

#17 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:11 PM

He looks so much like a baby and then to act like a baby too.  I think the shelter had his age all wrong.  I still think he's a baby.  Thanks so much for the updates.  We really like to know what is going on in their lives.  We love these kids.

#18 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:38 AM

He's so cute!  I have to agree with Arda, he does look like a youngster in both of the pics you posted.  I guess we never really know for sure when we don't know their history.  Seeing that pic, I had a flashback to my childhood when one of our family dogs went around for a long time with turquoise paint on her long flowing tail hairs due to her trying to help my Dad paint the living room.  :)

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#19 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:03 PM

We were trying to get what is now the kennel painted in 1981 and X was trying to clean out an airbrush.  Dydee wore a chartreuse green strip down her side for almost a year.  Glad it wasn't yellow.  Darn dogs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users