27 replies to this topic

#1 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 01:16 AM

Today Pachino ate his breakfast, topped it off with his biscuit and curled up on his Kurunda bed for a nap. He dreamed that he was a young pup again, so fast! He was running in a huge green field, playing with oh-so-many other dogs. His sight was clear again, and he could hear the flutter of a dragonfly's wings. Then he saw a glistening stream and ran to get a cool drink. When he looked up he saw a lovely dober-girl smiling at him. She motioned for him to follow her over the bridge, and our old man became eternally youthful again. Run free Pachino....we will miss you so.

All our love Arda, I am so so sorry for all your loss lately. ;)

Attached File  Pachino_run_free.jpg   18.05KB   2 downloads

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#2 shromada

shromada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:20 AM

Run free sweet Pachino. I am so sorry for you loss of a sweet old dobe. :Praying: ;)

#3 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:50 AM

I am so sorry for your loss Arda. I will surely miss the old man when we are down there. Run free Chino.....
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Darlin' Darcy - CGC
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC
SCD's Liddle Diddles - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
SCD's One Cool Dude (7/05-4/10)
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)
Sheeba (BYB) (11/82-4/93)

#4 dobie sunshine

dobie sunshine

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:47 AM

Oh Arda I am so sorry for your loss of another great dobe. Pachino you are going to be greatly missed. Run free Pachino, run free. Here are a couple vidoes I had of this ole boy.

Attached Files

#5 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 09:04 AM

Run free, Chino - it won't be the same without you. You were well loved and will be desperately missed.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#6 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:09 AM

Arda,

I am so sorry to hear about Pachino . . . and, yet, another loss this Winter. Pachino will be greatly missed. Hard to imgine him not being there, as he's been part of your pack since I first began coming to SCD, many years ago. Run free, sweet boy. I'll keep you in my prayers, Arda.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#7 Nancy Robinson

Nancy Robinson

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:12 AM

Oh Arda, again I am so sorry and again words are not enough, we can never
put into words how we feel, there aren't any that really describes it. :Praying: :icon12:

:wub: You are young again Pachino, RUN FREE RUN AFTER ALL THE GIRLS YOU
CAN, I know how much you will be missed, you are in Heaven with all
the ANGELS that's the only place you could be...........RUN FREE BABY
RUN FREE.................................... ;) :Rose: So many of your friends met
you at the bridge............................... :Rose:

Nancy

"Until one has LOVED AN ANIMAL, part of
their SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"

"
Yesterday is "HISTORY", Today is a "GIFT" and Tomorrow is a "MYSTERY"

"Always always try to be the" BEST YOU CAN BE"

Do not walk in front of me - I may not follow.
Do not walk behind me - I may not lead.
But walk beside me - and be my friend.

May you always have Love to Share
Health to Spare
and Friends who Care

Forever locked in my Heart

"I CARRY YOUR HEARTS IN MY HEART"........FOREVER

My "WHITE ANGEL".....Sweet sweet Schaudeh
4/17/1999...............5/14/2013
My "Bounty Hunter"
11/6/2000.......8/3/2009
My "Miks Von Rom Mateese"
7/6/1990..........4/4/1999

"I LOVED you yesterday, I LOVE you today, and I will LOVE you tomorrow'"
for you have never really left me

#8 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:09 AM

Arda
I am so sorry for your loss of Pachino. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Run free Chino, run free.
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#9 ohiodobe

ohiodobe

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 11:11 AM

Arda, You have had more than enough losses this year it's sure time for spring to come and some joy with it for everyone but especialy you. Pachino will leave an empty spot in your heart. I wish I could offer some grand words of comfort but I have none. God Bless you Arda and comfort you and God Speed Pachino, he is at a better place.....young again. Love, Linda
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principle difference between a dog and a man." ---- Mark Twain

#10 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:46 PM

I am so sorry Arda :Praying: . He was a very special boy. Do you remember how he came to SCD? There was a picture of another breed of dog needing rescue on our networking rescue site. The dog was at the Allen Park Animal Control. In the picture of the other dog, we could see a doberman's butt with the docked tail also. One of us called the Animal Control to verify and see if he was available to a rescue and he was. It was Pacino's lucky day because at the time, he was "mad, bad, and dangerous to know", so he couldn't be adopted out. Arda was the best thing that happened to him. Thank you for letting this great guy live a life he deserved. He was blessed to know you and blessed to leave this earth the way he did.....in his sleep with a full belly ;) .
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#11 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 02:13 PM

I have to tell this "tail" of this senile ole Swamp Mama. In my state of shock last night, I thought I would put him in the carousel building and drive the van around to pick him up this morning. As I fed the mini's, I opened the carousel building. Then I wrapped and prepared Pachino for his last ride. Then in my demented mind I decided to pull him up to the van in a vari crate bottom. Finally got him into the van. This morning I sent the kids out and they came in and ate and I went back to the kennel to take care of those kids. Low and behold....there was animal parts everywhere. I forgot to close the carousel building. A and B teams went in there and tore all those stuffies to pieces and dragged them all over the yard. I guess Pachino got his revenge on me.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#12 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:04 PM

Arda, so sorry to hear we've lost the old man!!! He certainly mellowed with age and was such a great guy!!! Run free, Pacino!!! Bella, Skitter, and the gang are there waiting for ya!!!

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#13 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

I keep remembering you telling the story of him falling in the hole to get the rawhyde and you out there searching for him. (Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!) He was an awesome boy.

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#14 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:28 PM

Low and behold....there was animal parts everywhere. I forgot to close the carousel building. A and B teams went in there and tore all those stuffies to pieces and dragged them all over the yard. I guess Pachino got his revenge on me.

I can just see Chino laughing from the Bridge, while you are cleaning up the stuffie bits that are all over the yard. ;)
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Darlin' Darcy - CGC
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC
SCD's Liddle Diddles - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
SCD's One Cool Dude (7/05-4/10)
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)
Sheeba (BYB) (11/82-4/93)

#15 Nancy Robinson

Nancy Robinson

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:37 PM

I keep remembering you telling the story of him falling in the hole to get the rawhyde and you out there searching for him. (Help! I've fallen and I can't get up!) He was an awesome boy.

I know what you mean Sarah, I thought of that as well.............
Nancy

"Until one has LOVED AN ANIMAL, part of
their SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"

"
Yesterday is "HISTORY", Today is a "GIFT" and Tomorrow is a "MYSTERY"

"Always always try to be the" BEST YOU CAN BE"

Do not walk in front of me - I may not follow.
Do not walk behind me - I may not lead.
But walk beside me - and be my friend.

May you always have Love to Share
Health to Spare
and Friends who Care

Forever locked in my Heart

"I CARRY YOUR HEARTS IN MY HEART"........FOREVER

My "WHITE ANGEL".....Sweet sweet Schaudeh
4/17/1999...............5/14/2013
My "Bounty Hunter"
11/6/2000.......8/3/2009
My "Miks Von Rom Mateese"
7/6/1990..........4/4/1999

"I LOVED you yesterday, I LOVE you today, and I will LOVE you tomorrow'"
for you have never really left me

#16 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:12 PM

Oh Arda I'm so sorry to read this about the old man Pachino! He was such a great boy always nipping all the
new kids that came in on the butt on their way out the door. He still had it in him to find them all by smell, and always
leaving us a little present on his way out to go pee. LOL. He will be greatly missed. Run Free Pachino Run Free.

#17 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:36 PM

So sorry for the loss of another great Dobe.
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#18 LuvmydobeApollo

LuvmydobeApollo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 03:07 PM

Oh Arda... im so sorry for your loss of Pachino. I remember meeting him when i came to get Eva..... He sure was sweet... i wanted to take him to!!
Take care.. Sharen

#19 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:58 PM

I have a bad habit of picking up my mail when I go to the vets and the reading it as I have a chance. Well, I left Pachino at Dr Karen's and started home. As I opened the mail there was another check from Shelly Wing to help care for Pachino. Just passing Tractor Supply. Pulled in. Pork Femur bones on sale. $1.49 each. They only had 15 left. That was Pachino's favorite treat. He could out run anyone when he had one in his mouth. Jackie would chase him all over trying to get a picture of him carrying the bones in his mouth and in his mind, Jackie was trying to steal it, so he would run like heck. Well, today he gave each of the 15 kids in the kennel one of his bones. And we remembered him again.......................
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#20 ohiodobe

ohiodobe

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:26 AM

Wow Arda, The check at the exact time and the bones....exactly the right amount.... Really and truly a gift from Pachino! Linda
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principle difference between a dog and a man." ---- Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users