8 replies to this topic

#1 LibbyTea

LibbyTea

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:29 AM

My daughter had to have her german Shepard put to sleep. First yula and now Luka - for our family three dogs this year. (Lillydale too) And my other daughter has her presa canario with a huge grapefruit size tumor in her throat - -- it just tears you up. It's hard to lose so much family. My daughter cries at a drop of a hat and her house is so empty with no dogs there. I will never forget when we went and saw Luka. We had to go to a bank up by Clio to pay off a car and my daughter was in a horrid mood. I saw a sign for german shepherd puppies and asked her if she wanted to stop to see them. She snapped that no she didn't. I went in the bank and when I was done and went out she had changed her mind. So we stopped. They had one puppy left, he trotted out and sat down in front of Jessica and wouldn't take his eyes off of her. We told the kennel we would let them know by the next day. I called Jessica's husband and told him his wife was in love with another man! We went back for him the next day and it was the same he only had eyes for her. After Jessica had her first daughter Luka spent most of his time guarding the baby - he was the best dog and would not leave that little ones side. We tried to get him to go in the house once when May was in her stroller and he refused to budge until we picked her up. I think he was sure we had forgotten about her and thought we had lost our minds, that was the one and only time I think he disobeyed. Run free and strong Luka and let Yula know we miss her. We will see you again.

#2 ohiodobe

ohiodobe

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:05 PM

I am so sorry for the losses you and your family have had this past year. The unconditional love we get from our dogs does make such losses more bearable. Linda

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principle difference between a dog and a man." ---- Mark Twain

#3 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

Sorry for your loss, they never are with us long enough.

#4 Annie Moon

Annie Moon

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

My sympathy to you, your daughter and entire family.

Run free Luka.

In Memory of Mariah He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.  ~Unknown~

#5 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:05 PM

He sounds like he was an amazing dog. I'm so sorry for your loss. Run free Luka....

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#6 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:29 AM

I'm so sorry:(  It's never easy, even when you know it 's going to happen soon enough.   He sounds like he was an amazing dog.....best of luck with puppy:)

We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#7 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:42 PM

Wow, one in a year is too many; three is just cruel.  My thoughts are with you & your family.   :Rose:

#8 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

So sorry for your loss, never easy and they are never with us long enough, glad you have many good memories to hold on to.

Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#9 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 18 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

Sorry this is a little belated, but I just want to say I'm so sorry for your loss.  I can't imagine how painful it must be for a family to lose three beloved dogs in such a short period of time.  Run free, Luka......

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users