23 replies to this topic

#1 aanderson

aanderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:31 PM

It is with deep sadness that I post that Gracie passed away Friday afternoon. 04-01-05

Gracie (was Tracey) was adopted by Susan Viswat on 01-21-05. Susan was honoring the memory of two Dobes, Greta and Lily, awaiting her at the Rainbow Bridge by adopting. Now Susan will have another baby waiting for her.

Please keep Susan in your hearts and prays, in hopes that she may heal from this loss and be able to adopt and love again.

Allison

Attached Files

#2 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:54 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, Susan. I will pray that your heart will heal quickly and the grief will be lessened. I know how much it hurts. ;)

I'm very very sorry.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#3 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:03 PM

Susan; This was just not enough time for you or for Gracie. I'm so very sorry. Please know that we are praying for her soul and asking that your sorrow will pass quickly. I am so very sorry. For the Love of God's Creatures, Arda
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#4 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:25 PM

Susan,

So sorry for your loss of your loyal friend. It's never an easy thing to say good-bye. May Gracie's soul rest in peace and may God send you peace during this difficult time.

Cheryl
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#5 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:35 PM

Susan,

I've been there, as have most of us, & my heart goes out to you.

#6 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:43 PM

Susan
I am so very sorry for your loss. There are just no words that can express what you go thru with the loss of a beautiful companion. I have three waiting at the bridge for me.
Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#7 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 06:21 PM

We are so sorry to hear you lost Gracie( Tracy) ;)
I remember her well, when we were visiting the kennel in jan we saw her,
she was a beautiful girl, very sweet.
Know you didnt get to have her long, but she will live on in your
memorys of her....
Rest in Peace Dear Gracie ;)

#8 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:00 PM

I'm sorry for your loss. May Gracie rest in Pease ;) ;)
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#9 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:36 PM

I was saddened to hear of Gracie's passing. My heart goes out to you, as I know how difficult this time is for you. Just remember that you gave her something no one else could - love, affection, trust and security. Her last months were those of peace and fulfillment - thanks you you, Susan.

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#10 Joesgirl

Joesgirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:04 AM

Suzie, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how special Gracie was, and how much she filled your heart with love. I know too, how much you loved her. My prayers are with you.

Love, Carol

#11 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:13 AM

Suzie,
My deepest heartfelt condolenses and empathy. May the short time you had with your beloved Gracie be forever imprinted in your heart, as I'm sure she'll be waiting for you at the Bridge until the day you meet again. The animals we love never forget who loved them, when they were with us. They are our 4-legged guardians, constantly on watch for the ones they loved.
~Jen~

#12 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:03 AM

Dear Susan:

I have a "Gracie" too and I am just so sorry. As said in the other condolences sent, words cannot say how these wonderful people supporting Arda and all the dogs at Arda's and all the rescuers feel, but to say we all feel your pain and have you in our thoughts and hearts right now.

#13 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 09:12 AM

It hurts to lose them, no matter how long or short their stay is...it always seems to be too short. ;) You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Heather

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#14 aanderson

aanderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:55 PM

To all,
Thank you for all the prayers and kind thoughts for Gracie and me. My last Dobe, Lily passed away in December at 6 years old from cardiomyopathy. My heart was broken and Gracie helped to heal that with her smiling ,laughing face and her instant devotion to me. She was so grateful to have a home, but the thing is , I was the one who was grateful. Everyone that met her commented on how the two of us seemed to have been together forever, and how much love there was. She was such a joy to so many people and i was so incredibly lucky to have her. I miss her so much and haven't stopped crying for days. It was just way too soon.
Thanks again for your messages
Susan

#15 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:23 AM

Susan, I just read about Gracie. I am just so sorry. I lost my Adonis on Jan 8th and I understand the pain that you are feeling. They are our children, each one unique with their own personality. And because they have personalities we bond with them and they with us. Just know that Gracie was ever so happy to have you in her life, even if it was for such a short time. I am having a difficult time writing this as I am crying, which is upsetting Brady and he is trying to comfort his mom. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Take good care of you. Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#16 Guest_cookie_*

Guest_cookie_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:45 AM

Susan,

I'm at loss for words. But so very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to
you.

cookie

#17 aanderson

aanderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 09:00 PM

Hi Allison:

I am a friend of Suzie Viswat's and I knew Gracie. I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for all your support. She has been really down since Gracie died and I've been trying to get her out of her funk. She doesn't know what you have planned for today, but at least she is getting out and coming down.

I know it's kind of soon, but I told her she has a lot of love to give and that she has had a lot of bad breaks lately with her pets. She is the most loving person I know and I think she needs to find another pal to love. I can't imagine what she has been through these last couple months emotionally. I have four dogs myself and I would be crushed to lose one, much less two in such a short period of time.

Zack, her Aussie, has had a stroke and he is up there in years. She has not been without a dog her whole life and these last few months with Lilly and Gracie have just broken her heart.

Suzie also works for us and we get busy in the summers so I told her if she could find someone to love now she would have a chance to bond more. She said you have something for her, and I hope it's another Gracie. Her and Gracie adored each other and I can't wait to see if you have another one down there.

Thanks again for all the support you have given her and all the great things you do for dogs! Sue Nichols.

#18 DoberMan

DoberMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 10:39 AM

This is my first post ever and it is with great sadness that I read about Gracie's death. She was an exact look-a-like for my Sadie who passed away yesterday of bone cancer.
The last 24 hours have been so difficult but it helps to know that my little girl is no longer suffering.
My thoughts are with you.

#19 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 12:00 PM

This is my first post ever and it is with great sadness that I read about Gracie's death.  She was an exact look-a-like for my Sadie who passed away yesterday of bone cancer. 
The last 24 hours have been so difficult but it helps to know that my little girl is no longer suffering. 
My thoughts are with you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am so so sorry to hear about your Sadie. Welcome to the board. I wish it was under better circumstances. I hope you feel better really soon. I know how hard it is to lose a family member. :P

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#20 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 02:06 PM

Our deepest sympathies on your lose. I'm sure you will find that we can all relate to your lose. And welcome to the list of dog lovers that we all are. Hope to meet you some time soon. Arda M Barber and the kids in the swamp
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users