206 replies to this topic

#41 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 02:57 PM

Man this stinks because I can't open it up and I want to see what she looks like....................

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't either Michelle. I think I lost the program that is required to open this up when I had my computer wiped clean.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#42 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 02:59 PM

Larry - I'll try doing what you suggested to Michelle when I get home this evening. Thanks!
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#43 Becki

Becki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 09:52 AM

Here is a size comparison to the first picture in this topic :D
In loving memory of Mitchell, 1992-January 22, 2006. He was a great friend, and I'm sorry he couldn't take the stress of this world any longer. We love you Mitchell. I just wish you would have talked with us before you made that decision

#44 Becki

Becki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:17 AM

Ill try again
Here is a size comparison to the first picture in this topicAttached File  Picture_237.jpg   119.44KB   32 downloads

Attached Files

In loving memory of Mitchell, 1992-January 22, 2006. He was a great friend, and I'm sorry he couldn't take the stress of this world any longer. We love you Mitchell. I just wish you would have talked with us before you made that decision

#45 RUSTYSMOM

RUSTYSMOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 02:34 PM

Posted Image
Hey Sis.......It's your big brother Rusty.
I just had to tell you that you have gotten huge in the time you have been home. I'm glad that you are feeling good.
Tell your mom and dad to keep sending us those pictures. I just want to make sure my little sister is happy!Posted Image
Take care sis!

Love your big bro.....RustyAttached File  134_3474.JPG   140.14KB   34 downloads

#46 Becki

Becki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 03:31 PM

Wow Rusty looks a lot like a bloodhound! He looks like he has a great home :D He is much bigger than Angel! She went to the vet Thursday and weighed only 15 pounds :)

That's me holding her up there :D

#47 RUSTYSMOM

RUSTYSMOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 06:44 PM

Becki Angel looks great!!!!!!!! :D I do have to admit that Rusty has gotten pretty big. Hard to believe that they are from the same liter hey. :D
At Rusty's last vet visit he weighed 41 pounds and I know he has to weigh at least 45-46 now.
Angel may not get that big but those ears are just to die for! I love her ears!!!
Please keep sending them pictures. It's great to hear how they are doing!

Michelle & Rusty

#48 mihalik1413

mihalik1413

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 10:08 AM

Great picture Becki, it is great she is finally growing. I'm so happy for the both of you! :D
(I will try to download some new pictures of the monsters, they had sleep over company this weekend and had fun).

Larry

#49 Becki

Becki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 11:18 AM

Thank you.

I didn't have many pictures of Angel out in the open, and yesterday was a nice day so I took a few for you. Our lawn mower broke the other day and at this time of the year the grass grows fast. She is enjoying the tall grasses while the mower is being fixed.

The pond is a nice place to visit! :D
Posted Image
In this picture you can see the german shepherd in her!
Posted Image
We used to have horses in here. Now it's just a field. She loves tall grass!
Posted Image
This is indoors. Tia doesn't want us to know she likes the new puppy (she only goes near her and plays while were not looking but here are the two looking guilty after I caught them in the act :D
Posted Image

Edited by Becki, 13 June 2005 - 11:19 AM.

#50 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 12:37 PM

She's beautiful Becki. Thanks for sharing these pics of Angel and Tia!

-Arda Barber

#51 mihalik1413

mihalik1413

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 02:42 PM

She's beautiful Becki.  Thanks for sharing these pics of Angel and Tia!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Much agreed, she is such a cutie pie! :D :D Thanks sharing the outdoor pictures.

Larry

#52 RUSTYSMOM

RUSTYSMOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 13 June 2005 - 03:12 PM

Posted Image
Becki I just want to squeeze the stuffing out of her.
Those pictures are great. She looks so happy!
GOOD JOB!!! Send more!!!

Michelle

#53 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 12:29 PM

Awesome pics, Becki!! Thanks for giving Angel an wonderful and fun forever home!!! We miss her !!!

Kevin, Kathye, and cousins (Lily, Shamus, and Gabe)

#54 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:38 PM

Now these pics are a peaceful end to a hectic day. Thanks for posting them, they made my night!

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#55 Becki

Becki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:18 PM

Angel is getting so big! She is getting stockier but her legs keep growing taller. Today we noticed something was wrong with her. Whenever she was holding still the last couple of weeks and looking at us she looked like she was squinting. No one thought anything of it because it's been so sunny out. Today I took a closer look at that eye and thought something was in it that was making her squint but what I found out was a little weird. Her left eye is smaller than her right eye :D I dont think it's bugging her at all or is a problem...

She is 17 inches tall already and going through a growth spurt right now. Every day she gets fatter and longer. She finally outgrew her green collar! :D

(the last picture I posted of her shows her "squinting" but the eye is actually smaller)

Edited by Becki, 22 June 2005 - 10:23 PM.

#56 RUSTYSMOM

RUSTYSMOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 02:05 PM

Hey Becki just ask the vet next time you take her in. Heck you can even just call the vet and see what they say.
I can't believe how good she looks and I'm really looking forward to more pictures of her. I need to get busy and take some more of Rusty this weekend.
Keep up posted on her eye OK

Michelle & Rusty

#57 Becki

Becki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:12 PM

Thank you Michelle and Rusty!

I do have terrible news. Her eye is the least of our problems. We took her to the vet and it seems her whole left side is deformed. Including her hip. She has hip displaysia. :D This worries me very much because last January I had an 11 month old german shepherd put to sleep due to hip displaysia. Right now she limps on that leg but It doesn't seem to hurt her. I hope that it doesn't become a life threat. :D I never want to go through that again.

She is doing okay now. I was away for a week in the U.P. and now that I am back she is constantly wanting attention from me. Every where I go she is right at my heels. She loves to nip at heels and herd you like a sheep. It's really funny but our Kodiak doesn't think the same. :P She loves watching TV. She will sit on my bed and watch it for hours. It just cracks me up :D Sorry I dont have any pictures today but I will have more soon. Good Luck Angel :D

Edited by Becki, 05 July 2005 - 12:13 PM.

#58 mihalik1413

mihalik1413

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:33 PM

Thank you Michelle and Rusty!

I do have terrible news.  Her eye is the least of our problems.  We took her to the vet and it seems her whole left side is deformed.  Including her hip.  She has hip displaysia. :D 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Becky,
Give it time, hip displaysia is very hard to diagnose before a dog is fully grown, a lot of vets will tell you a dog should be around two years old before being diagnosed with it. There are things you can do although to help her if she has it. A lot of people here use glucosamine on their pets. We currently give the dogs a treat/vitamin by Eukanuba which is jam packed full of great things for the dogs including Glucosamine. You can also start feeding her adult dog food in an effort to slow down her growth spurts. This may help some. We just started mixing the adult and puppy food with our dogs as well.
If I were you I wouldn't be too concerned till she grows some more. :D :D

Larry

#59 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:55 PM

I have to agree with Larry on this one...give the little girl some time, and you may be surprised that when she matures and grows up a little, the hip displaysia may dissipate, if not completely go away.
Just like babies, puppies can outgrow certain health ailments. I'm keeping you in my prayers! Angel is just too darn cute, let me tell ya! :D

#60 mihalik1413

mihalik1413

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:58 PM

Becky,
Give it time, hip displaysia is very hard to diagnose before a dog is fully grown, a lot of vets will tell you a dog should be around two years old before being diagnosed with it.  There are things you can do although to help her if she has it.  A lot of people here use glucosamine on their pets.  We currently give the dogs a treat/vitamin by Eukanuba which is jam packed full of great things for the dogs including Glucosamine.  You can also start feeding her adult dog food in an effort to slow down her growth spurts.  This may help some.  We just started mixing the adult and puppy food with our dogs as well.
If I were you I wouldn't be too concerned till she grows some more.  :D  :D

Larry

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Becki,
If you were interested in the Eukanuba treats they are called Healthy Extras.

ps. Go take some pictures of your little bumpkin (and the rest of the gang) and post them for us! :D :D

Larry

Edited by mihalik1413, 05 July 2005 - 03:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users