306 replies to this topic

#21 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:46 AM

I can see not confusing the baby by changing her name. Maybe when she is bigger and knows who she is, you could call her Didi for a nickname. You know me, all my kids have like 6 nicknames. :cry:

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#22 Austin & Missy

Austin & Missy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:02 PM

Diddles was such a beautiful girl. Congratulations! I'm happy she got a good home.

#23 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 05:06 PM

Lori, John,

You need to keep the three D's Dude, Darcy and Diddles.
I think they sound good together.

#24 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:59 AM

Congratulations to the Bumps on the addition to their pack. Diddles is a lucky little girl!

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#25 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:05 PM

Well, how is it going? Does she have you leash trained yet? :cry:

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#26 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 01:11 PM

Diddles is doing really well. She hasn't messed in the house at all. She still has the leash attached to her, and we keep our eyes on her constantly. If we can't watch her like a hawk, she is either tethered to one of us or in her crate. She found the basket of dog toys in our living room yesterday. Dude and Darcy only play with the natural bones that are in there. Not Diddles. :cry: She would gingerly take out one toy and play with it for awhile, then sneak another out to play with, she kept doing that until all the toys were on the living room floor. It was fun to watch. :P We took her to the Vet's yesterday for a 'meet & greet'. They all liked her, of course. :devil: She was really nervous, but did well considering her background. We got information for an obedience class while we were there. Once Diddles is used to us, we'll see about taking her and Darcy to a class. I took some pictures of her, and will post them soon.

Dude and Darcy aren't really sure they like having a sister. I think that will change once we can start going for walks again. I think they are suffering from cabin fever. We still have about a foot of snow, with a thick icy crust on it. I don't like to walk the dogs because the ice cuts up their legs. It was supposed to warm up today, if the ice softens up on the snow, we'll take them for a walk together when John gets home from work.
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Darlin' Darcy - CGC
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC
SCD's Liddle Diddles - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
SCD's One Cool Dude (7/05-4/10)
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)
Sheeba (BYB) (11/82-4/93)

#27 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:07 PM

Here's some cute pictures of Diddles that I thought you would enjoy seeing.

What do you have there?
Attached File  Liddy_closeup.jpg   103.71KB   3 downloads

Sleepy baby.
Attached File  Liddy_Napping.jpg   107.16KB   1 downloads

Don't I pose nicely?
Attached File  Liddy_laying_closeup.jpg   94.3KB   7 downloads
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)

#28 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:09 PM

OK, make a mother cry. Mean Lorie.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#29 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:14 PM

What is so mean about posting pictures of Diddles? :cry: I thought you would enjoy seeing her in her new home. Does this mean you want her back? :P
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)

#30 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:19 PM

She is so beautiful. I just want to squess her. And kiss that little nose and stroke those big ears. She looks so good. I hope Holly does this good.

#31 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:38 PM

Diddles is learning "no". I think I'll taste the edge of the coffee table. "Diddles no". I think I'll taste the coffee table leg. "Diddles no".
Maybe the edge of my bed is tasty. "Diddles no". She always stops and gives a coy look. All corrections must be gently given so that it doesn't scare her. It's a fragile trust we're building on.
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#32 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:58 PM

Diddles was having a blast out in the dog yard today. She was running and jumping around. We took all 3 of them for a walk this afternoon. She was so scared to be outside of her yard. We went across one of our fields, she really didn't know what to do. Part of the time she was belly crawling along she was so scared. We made it a short walk, just so we didn't traumatize her too much. We'll have to gradually build it up to longer walks.
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)

#33 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:02 PM

Diddles was having a blast out in the dog yard today. She was running and jumping around. We took all 3 of them for a walk this afternoon. She was so scared to be outside of her yard. We went across one of our fields, she really didn't know what to do. Part of the time she was belly crawling along she was so scared. We made it a short walk, just so we didn't traumatize her too much. We'll have to gradually build it up to longer walks.

OMG, that breaks my heart, but knowing that she has come and will come a long way from the belly crawling living with you makes me not cry.

Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#34 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:31 PM

Lori, John,
You are doing so well with Diddles. What great pictures. Arda kept saying I know Lori and John are going to take Diddles.
So you came down to work and left with a new baby that needs alot of love and care. Arda was soooo happy Diddles won
your home. Now she has a forever home and Arda still gets to see her Diddles. :cry: Arda just loved that little girl with those long soft ears.Eric is going to miss grooming her ears for her.Eric and Diddles ran together all day long at the swamp.
Congradulations ang best of luck with your pack. I'm so happy she has a GREAT HOME. I did think of bringing her to
my house but Doug said he didn't think it would be a good idea ;) :P Shes better off with you :devil:

#35 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:15 PM

That first picture of her is GORGEOUS! She is taking baby steps, but she will get all the reassurance she needs. She is so lucky to have such a great home. I know you miss her Arda, but she will come visit soon, I'm sure. Hugs for you for all the kids you are selfless enough to let us have for awhile. :cry:

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#36 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:20 PM

Diddles is learning "no". I think I'll taste the edge of the coffee table. "Diddles no". I think I'll taste the coffee table leg. "Diddles no".
Maybe the edge of my bed is tasty. "Diddles no". She always stops and gives a coy look. All corrections must be gently given so that it doesn't scare her. It's a fragile trust we're building on.

I'm glad you mentioned this, I think the tendency would be to coddle and accommodate in this situation but I'm glad you acknowledged the need for boundaries and rules. They are reassured also when they know someone else is in charge. Good job guys.

#37 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 07:19 AM

Diddles looks so great!! Just like her sister Holly..
Her name has been- Holly no, Holly off, Holly it's ok, since shes been here..
When we took her to the dog show, she really was freaked, but some treats, &
saying its ok girl... she got alot better as day when on as we let her go in a crate
to get a rest then come back out to socialize for awhile.. But its been baby steps
w/her too.. The problem is she thinks shes home now, so when she gets to SCD
it will be a big change for her, no comfort zone again... Im sure she will adjust
to new place/dogs again...They are so sweet, want to be loved, try hard to please,
just will be awhile till they get there... :cry:

#38 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:57 PM

Diddles has been seeing Darcy curled up under her blanket in the evening. So she wanted one of her own. It surprised me that she let me put it on her.

Attached File  Liddy_with_blanket.jpg   117.25KB   2 downloads

She is learning to trust us more through Darcy. If she's unsure of something she follows Darcy's lead.
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#39 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 06:09 PM

They are so much like children, aren't they? Nice picture John and Lori.

mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#40 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:04 PM

Her sister, Tippy Toes, is here now. She was not as bad as Diddles but she is also much smaller. She just dances on her tip toes all over the place BUT we can touch her too. Beautiful puppies, What a mess. It does my heart good to see her in the blankies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users