• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:10 PM

I just got a post from the DPCA membership secretary,
that the verdict came in this AM that the Sterling Heights
Puppymill/pyramid breeder Lornich Kennels was found
guilty on 2 counts of crulity/neglect. She was brought up on
the charges last summer & was on channel 2 several times.
She was to go to trial in dec 04' but plea bargained & got out
of it, but AC officer was able to get more charges filed against her
& there were alot of people who went to court to testify against her
as well as something like 400 written complaints against her. It
was a jury trial this time & lasted a week.
Her kennel license should be revoked as well as AKC/ CKC can suspend
her priviledges for many yrs & fine her as well.
This woman breeds Rotties/Lhasa apso/Shihtzu as well as Dobes & has
lived off her dogs for years :D She has duped so many people
over the yrs.. She is the first breeder of the whites in mich... AS Arda
has rescued many of them over the yr's. GB was one of them...

#2 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 09:29 PM

Hallelujah!
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#3 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:02 PM

I can die in peace now. I can't begin to tell all of you how many of her dogs have been through here. My white knight, GB, was one of hers. I loved him to death but he never deserved what he lived through. Most of you have met Boo Boo and Peepers. Saffy and Diamond also. Axel also. Probably Ghost, but not sure. I am not opposed to breeders breeding good dogs and taking care of what they produce but a good many of her dogs came in here over the years and had suffered great abuse by ill informed owners. I hope this is the end of her breeding program. I ton of people were financially taken to the cleaners by her and I can imagine what some of them went through. Imagine yourself attached to an animal that under contract HAS to be bred and you simply can't afford to and did not what to contribute to the problem knowing you had no say in where those pups would go. A lot of heartache. A lot of tears. The Standard was set up a long time ago by the forefathers of the breed. We breed to the standard because that is the Dobermann. "Allowed Colors: Black, red, blue, and fawn (Isabella). Markings: Rust, sharply defined, appearing above each eye and on the muzzle, throat and forechest, on all legs and feet, and below the tail. White patch on chest, not exceeding 1/2 square inch, permissible. DISQUALIFYING FAULT: Dogs not of an allowed color." Awe, the "rare" white. Where does it belong in the standard or in the world. It belongs with me, because I rescue the misfits. But I appreciate and admire the well bred Blacks and Reds, the Fawns and the Blues. The Swamp Mama
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#4 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 10:07 PM

:D THis makes my day. Thank you GOD; this woman will meet her maker someday and he'll be surrounded by some pissed off white dobes :D

Karen
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#5 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 04:52 AM

Oh, this is the best news I have heard in weeks!

Thank the heavens above!

I can not tell you how many times I have heard her name brought up and it was never in good situations.

Thank you to each and everyone who did not give up on prosecuting this person Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

Cathy
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#6 mihalik1413

mihalik1413

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 09:30 AM

Sounds like she should be awarded some time to think about the things she has done....Posted Image

#7 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 10:06 AM

...and the animals she hurt, the people she scammed, the people she hurt, the additional heartache caused, the abandoned animals that were because of her....
Witch....that's all she is....I hope they take everything from her, and throw her away AND the key while they're at it.

#8 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:37 AM

Hopefully she will be put away and not let out. She needs to receive more than just community service and a slap on the wrist.

Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#9 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 11:56 AM

Great news! I've heard Arda, Sherri and others talk about this woman with nothing, EVER, good to say about her.

What's going to happen to the dogs she still has as a result of the ruling? :D
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#10 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 01:16 PM

Hopefully they'll get good homes, or atleast be brought to good rescues....let's pray and hope, anyways.

#11 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 03:52 PM

:D
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#12 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:30 PM

I havent heard anymore about Lornich closing down. Nothing
in AKC gazette magazine. She still has ad's in sunday paper, &
is still trying to force her people who lease dogs from her to breed
them, but dont think they have any papers.
Daisy

#13 LuvmydobeApollo

LuvmydobeApollo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 01:14 PM

Ive been in the veterinary field for more than 20 years, Lori Nichow and Lornich kennels is a name ive heard alot of. Ive been warned by many of her and her dogs. The clinic i work at now, several years ago, a man brought in a beatiful b/t female that he "leased" from lornich. The pup was not quite a year but she was beautiful!!! She was very ill and it turned out she had pyometra ( infected uterus) and needed surgery to make her better. The man had to call his "breeder" and she said " OH NO<< she CANNOT be spayed, bring her to me and MY vet will look at her. so off he went, i never did find out what happend to her, im sure nothing good came of it. Ive seen her ads in the papers and ive often wondered if she would ever be shut down. I actually went there once, its close to K9 specialities. she came to the door and asked what the heck did i want! i said, "oh i saw your sign and i was looking for a dobe pup" she gave me a paper with info on her dogs and told me to call for an appt. I just wanted to get in and see her kennel. What i did see of it was kinda scarey, dogs EVERYWHERE!!!!! she had dirty, matted shitzu's running around. a big fat rott, and dirty white dobes in a very small pen.
I sure hope they just put an end to her house of horrors once and for all!

Sharen and Eva :thumbsup:

#14 Prince_Pride

Prince_Pride

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:48 AM

I sent an email last week just asking if she had any dobe pups available. This is the response I got

"Yes, we do have babies at this time in all 5 colors. Pet quality puppies are $400.00 on spay/neuter contracts, show/breeding quality puppies start at $1500.00."

So looks like she is still breeding away. I feel so bad for those dogs.

#15 scott

scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:07 PM

This is awful, Why these dogs have to be put through this isn't right.
The lack of enforcement in these situations genuinely bothers me!
I know it's not AC officers because in most cases their hands are tied. The penalties for this type of abuse should be much stricter in my own opinion!
I do hope that kennel is shut down A.S.A.P

Scott
"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's." - Mark Twain, Letter to W D Howells, 4/2/1899

#16 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:19 PM

Just had a call tonight from a man wanting us to take his female. Lornich Kennel Female. She attacked 2 of his min Pins and darn near killed them. He told me they were over 11 years old and the female Dobe is just 1 year. I told him he had 1 recourse. We just can't take all of these keepers.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#17 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 08:24 PM

There is a guy in my neighborhood that walks 2 female Lornich Dobes. I met up with him this summer while I was out walking Cocoa, Taylor and Bronson. While we were chatting, his one female went after Bronson for no particular reason. :thumbsup:
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users