#1 chimommy

chimommy

Chimommy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 08:08 PM

Hi All,
I just painted my first Dobe on a small bag. It can be a cosmetic or a treat bag. I will post a picture tomorrow. I was wondering if anyone here would like to do a silent auction with it? I will give a deadline and if anyone wants to email me with a bid it will go to the highest bidder on the closing date. 100% will go to SCD. This is my first thing and I want opinions please. If you all think the work is good enough I would like to make some other things for Mandy to put on real auction. The picture is a red dobie laying with it's stuffed bear on a blankie.
Lorie

#2 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:40 AM

Great idea, Lorie! :D If this works well, I have some stuff we can auction in this manner as well until we can get the eBay auctions up and running again. :D
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#3 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:49 AM

I also thought about printing up some blank note cards with Skitter's and Bella's painting as the front covers to send to Mandy for the auction... whaddya think??? We sell similar ones at Dog Scout functions too...

This is Skitter's first... Attached File  nodwell_joan_skitter_2004_07_first_painting.jpg   88.38KB   25 downloads

--or-- we could do note cards with different pictures of the SCD dogs... We have plenty of good ones... playing, swamping, at M&G's...

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#4 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:53 AM

The silent auction sounds like fun. Joni, we need a craft day at SCD! Scrapbooking, card making, etc! Arda's blood pressure might get low and we could help boost it up!

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#5 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 08:02 AM

I'm all for a craft day at the swamp!!! :D
That'd be GREAT! Especially the scrapbook idea, that'd be fantastic!

#6 chimommy

chimommy

Chimommy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 08:00 AM

Hi All,
Here is the Dobie bag. It is microfiber. It measures approx. 5x9 inches and has a zipper top. I will start the auction now and end it next Friday at noon. If you want to bid email me the amount to peepRkeepR@comcast.net and type "Silent Auction" in the header. I will announce the winner next Friday evening on the noard. This is my first Dobie piece and I am open to any suggestion for improvement. Thanks all :D
Lorie

Attached Files

#7 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 08:04 AM

I also thought about printing up some blank note cards with Skitter's and Bella's painting as the front covers to send to Mandy for the auction... whaddya think??? 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I picked up some printable note cards at Staples last night... $7 for 50 of them... now we just have to decide on what "themes" we would like...

We could a color series.. 5 cards in the set with a different color dobe on each... b/t, r/t, blue, fawn, and white!!!

I have three pics that Skitter & Bella have done so that could be a 6-card set...

I could also do custom sets where you supply 1-3 pictures and we will print them up...

any other ideas??

Joni
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

#8 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 08:08 AM

Lorie!!! HE IS ADORABLE!!! How do you want the bids? Just any $$$ amount or is there a minimum? Will you let people know how high the bidding is getting or is this like the silent auctions where you put what you want to pay for it on a slip in the "bag" near the item???

Joni

#9 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 08:18 AM

How do you want the bids?  Just any $$$ amount or is there a minimum?  Will you let people know how high the bidding is getting or is this like the silent auctions where you put what you want to pay for it on a slip in the "bag" near the item???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good job Lori! :D Yes, tell us more about how the silent auction will work so we know how to bid.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#10 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 11:49 AM

Fantastic job, Lorie!!! :D

I can create a section called Silent Auctions so that we can list items that are up for silent auction as their own individual threads so that people can go in and read about the item and see the contact information for bidding, etc. What do you all think? :D
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#11 chimommy

chimommy

Chimommy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 01:25 PM

Just email me what you would bid on it. I will give a update as to how high it is in a couple days. I love the idea of the cards Joni. Can you make some up that are Christmas? Maybe we can even dress some of the dogs at the playdate and get some funny holiday pictures.???? SIlent auction section sounds cool Mandy until Ebay auctions are back online. :D
Lorie

#12 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 01:39 PM

Mandy, I think that would be a great idea, to have a separate thread for silent auctions. Raise money within ourselves! AND if guests come in, they can take a lookie look as well! :D

Joni, I agree with the postcards, GREAT idea!

#13 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 02:45 PM

Just email me what you would bid on it. I will give a update as to how high it is in a couple days. I love the idea of the cards Joni. Can you make some up that are Christmas? Maybe we can even dress some of the dogs at the playdate and get some funny holiday pictures.???? SIlent auction section sounds cool Mandy until Ebay auctions are back online. :D
Lorie

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What about giving Skitter & Bella x-mas colours to paint with.... Or even have some x-mas stamps already on the page and then have them paint with red & green over them....

Every year I buy the MAC cards for Kids Living with HIV - but I always need more x-mas cards.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#14 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 03:25 PM

I have a dog coat I made that looks like a Santa coat and then a santa hat for them to wear... I just have to make the boots!!! and get the belt back out...

The dog dress up is a cool idea because we could put the pic on the front with Happy Holidays or other sayings on the inside!!!

Joni

#15 chimommy

chimommy

Chimommy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 03:29 PM

Anybody got a turkey outfit? I got a model here. :D

#16 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 03:30 PM

I just added the Silent Auction section. :D

I'd be happy to offer some of my photos for cards if you like. Just let me know! :D

#17 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 03:50 PM

I think the silent auction and the cards both sound like a great idea. now I have to think of a cute costume for the play date.
Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#18 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 03:53 PM

I think the silent auction and the cards both sound like a great idea. now I have to think of a cute costume for the play date.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have a bumble bee one that I can bring.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#19 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 04:03 PM

I had a Harley Davidson jacket, hat, and scarf for last holloween. she got all of them off by the time we went into the party.
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#20 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 23 September 2005 - 04:25 PM

I had a Harley Davidson jacket, hat, and scarf for last holloween. she got all of them off by the time we went into the party.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D Maybe you could try just a bandana.

-Arda Barber

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users