14 replies to this topic

#1 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:08 PM

Kyle & Kaitlin were out on Sunday to meet some of the kids. Rhett is a handsome boy, and he put on his very best manners and got himself a new home. He'll have a German Shepherd mix sister, Meika, to play with too. We're so happy to see this big boy find himself a family. Thank you Kyle & Kaitlin for opening your homes and hearts to a rescue! We hope Rhett & Meika become best buddies and fill your lives with laughter for years to come. Congratulations! :flower:

Attached File  RedX1.jpg   43.65KB   0 downloads

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#2 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:08 PM

Congratulations--such a handsome boy he is. Wishing you many fun years together.

#3 LibbyTea

LibbyTea

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:19 PM

Hoping for great times ahead, congratulations

#4 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 08:41 PM

Congrates to you and Rhett!

He is a nice looking boy.

May you have many happy years together.

#5 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:21 PM

Congratulations on the new family member!  Thanks for choosing rescue and giving this great boy a home!

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#6 kraiford12

kraiford12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:04 AM

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Rhett is doing very well, better than we could have hoped for. He and Meika spend their days playing, lounging, and getting to know each other. Training is progressing, Rhett is quickly picking up on some of the basics and responding well to positively reinforced methods. While our first walk (with both dogs) was a bit disorganized, the following outings have gone very well!

Rhett is getting used to new objects and noises. He is very curious when people ride by on bicycles! He also enjoys trying to determine where the train noise is coming from. We've also introduced him to a very small Chinese crested terrier (a friend's dog) and he did extremely well, even began to play towards the end of the engagement.

Rhett is also falling in place with our "pack". He respects the boundaries we've set and it seem to be beneficial to his acclimation.

We are extremely happy with our new family member and we look forward to posting more updates. Pictures to come soon!

#7 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:34 AM

I have been holding my tongue in my cheek since you took him home.  He has come such a long way but I knew he has so much more to learn and overcome.  And being  a big boy, he would be intimidating because of size.  It took me almost 2 weeks to be able to take him by the collar to move him to the outdoor pens.  After that it wasn't so bad for him to transition to running with Dennis, Boogie, Hobby, and the girls.  You made my heart smile.  Thank you for giving him a chance.  And please keep us updated on his progress.  We really do care about these kids even when they have gone to a home.  Hugs to the Rhett.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#8 Annie Moon

Annie Moon

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:24 PM

What a sweet face! Congratulations to Rhett and his family!

In Memory of Mariah He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.  ~Unknown~

#9 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

I'm so glad to hear he's fitting in. He's such a big boy, and so handsome. We'd love to see the kids playing together. We LOVE pictures!

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#10 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:03 PM

Congrats guys Rhett is a great boy, glad to hear he is fitting in.  And yes we dare you to post some pictures  :Tounge:

#11 kraiford12

kraiford12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:49 PM

It's been several years and Rhett is doing great. Since our last post my now wife and I have been married, both excelled in our careers, moved into a beautiful home, and will be expecting our first child this year. Rhett has become an extremely loyal, loving, and socialized pup. When he's not playing with his sister, meika, he's running with my various friend's dog pack up north through the woods... Exploring and living life.

All is well and feel eternally grateful that we had the opportunity to bring Rhett into our life

#12 kraiford12

kraiford12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:57 PM

Rhett 2017

Attached Files

#13 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:20 AM

So happy to read that he's doing so well. Love the pics--both dogs are beautiful!

#14 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:34 AM

Congratulations on your marriage, your new home, and your baby-on-the-way!  It sounds like you've had an exciting couple of years.  I'm so glad to get the great update on Rhett.  Love the pics of him and Meika.  Thanks for sharing!

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#15 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 08:33 AM

The way to go Rhett, you big beautiful boy.  Congratulations on the coming new arrival.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users