217 replies to this topic

#41 LuvmydobeApollo

LuvmydobeApollo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

Im so glad my family and i got to come out and help!!!! It was fun... i wish we could have stayed longer,, we other plans though... there is so much to do i cant believe Arda you do so much on your own,, you are a trooper and then some!!!!! I loved meeting everyone,, some really dedicated to our breed folks out there!!!
and the dogs.OMG.... i loved bruce,,, he was fuzzy and cute like a little peach LOL..... and dennis??? we so wanted to take him home,, he is beautiful, and sweet... my son knelt down and was petting everyone.. well dennis came over.... he sniffed dereks beard and then grabbed it in his mouth and just hung on LOL... we were all in love with him!!!!!! and i said no more dobies... i cried later last night and told bill there is no way.. i cant NOt have a dobe.... i just cant..even though all we have been through with them... we love them so much!!!! Great day everyone... we need to plan more days liket this!
sharen

#42 Nancy Robinson

Nancy Robinson

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

I am with ya Sharen, I have never met Dennis, but pictures I have seen
and from what I have heard, I LUV this boy, I just know he is a BIG BEAUTFUL
"GOOF" like my Hunter was, I know he is still that "GOOF" in his now
home called "HEAVEN".
Nancy

"Until one has LOVED AN ANIMAL, part of
their SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"

"
Yesterday is "HISTORY", Today is a "GIFT" and Tomorrow is a "MYSTERY"

"Always always try to be the" BEST YOU CAN BE"

Do not walk in front of me - I may not follow.
Do not walk behind me - I may not lead.
But walk beside me - and be my friend.

May you always have Love to Share
Health to Spare
and Friends who Care

Forever locked in my Heart

"I CARRY YOUR HEARTS IN MY HEART"........FOREVER

My "WHITE ANGEL".....Sweet sweet Schaudeh
4/17/1999...............5/14/2013
My "Bounty Hunter"
11/6/2000.......8/3/2009
My "Miks Von Rom Mateese"
7/6/1990..........4/4/1999

"I LOVED you yesterday, I LOVE you today, and I will LOVE you tomorrow'"
for you have never really left me

#43 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:50 PM

Sounds like a good working crew did a lot around the Swamp this weekend, thanks to all that came to help.
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#44 Annie Moon

Annie Moon

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:42 PM

I'm glad everything went so well Arda.
Sounds like you were in heaven this morning.
It's great when so much gets done and people actually have fun while doing it.
In Memory of Mariah He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.  ~Unknown~

#45 LibbyTea

LibbyTea

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

I have not been on the forum as of late and missed the work day all together. So glad that Arda got so much help. I would have liked to help and meet everyone. Hope to be there next time.

#46 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:50 AM

Yes it was very cool seeing everyone and we really appreciate all the help getting all those things done. Derek and Bill thanks a ton for the work on the heater I don't think I would have gotten it fixed myself. Larry is a electricity dynamo and yes the girls were like energizer rabbits all day! Thanks everyone!!

#47 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:24 PM

I have to tell you this.........We have lost the electricity out here several times today BUT the kennel is warm and cozy.
Hose nozzle was frozen.........BUT the barrels were full and I had water to clean up Penny.
The leaf pile I put in the fire pit today started all on it's own and I got a bunch more leaves burnt today.
And the ground is covered with the first blanket of snow for the season.

What a relief!
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#48 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:30 AM

Booooooooo! snow

#49 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

Snow is good. It covers the brown stuff. AND it encourages the furkids to come when I call them.

#50 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 10:25 AM

Thank you Pam Ford for the wine. I will not share it with the kids.

And who brought the coffee mug the reads "everything is better with dog hair in it"? I love it Thank you!

Potholders from Jane. I thought her arm was broke it had been so long since I got any from her. Thank you for the love and the potholders.

#51 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 11:26 AM

And for the BIG THANK YOU................Thank you to my kids. They are trying so hard to fed and care for me.
My friends Carol and Frankie came out last week end and brought the kids some bags of blankies and a few toys. I started to bring them into the house to sort them out. Chaos and Karma helped unload the fuzzy toys and a couple of squeakies, all over the place.
Next I go out to use the tractor to unload 25 bags of dog food and find my lunch. 2 fat mice and 1 mole wet and dead in the trailer. Boy they were busy this morning. I'm not suppose to ask "What next". So I won't ask. Busy little kids.

#52 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

Had an awesome time today--my first trip to SCD. It was so much fun seeing all the dogs. I don't know how adopters know which one to pick. They're each so unique, funny, & friendly. Arda, your chili was yummy--I had two bowls. We were all sorry, Nancy & Linda, that you couldn't make it. Hopefully, we can do this again & we can see you then. Joni, missed you, too--now you have to come over here! Thanks everyone for a great experience! :)

I would much rather have been there than at the hospital but Santa is still in the hospital and every hour we are not here he lays here alone... So very sorry I missed!!! but like the others, thought of you guys toiling and playing the day away!!!

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#53 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:44 AM

I am going to throw this note in here cus it fits well. Purina sent us 25 bags of Shredded Chicken and Rice Pro Plan. The kids all love it and we have had no ill effects from it in any of the kids. Get this, even the marshmallow kid (Diamond) is running in and eating all of it. She's always been my picky eater. If it didn't have a couple of marshmallows on it, she wouldn't touch it. She actually chased Chaos out of her room and would not let him have her bowl. We express our thanks to Purina. The furkids are in love with it.

#54 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:55 AM

Larry and Jane were out Friday. As always, Jane wore me out. We did tackle leaves again and dented the problem. While Larry went for the big stuff. Changed the oil and cleaned the filters and pepped up the John Deere. The dolly had her wheels repaired and most of the tires on the trailer are fixed. Ran out of time on the last one. Larry is a real fix it person and Jane has all her fix-its fixed so I get the left over Larry care. And of course the children had to help. Nickie was the comic relief. He is upside down more than he is right side up. The big kids have a great time rolling him around. Karma and Omi each took a glove from Larry and tried to outrun each other. We caught them this time or those gloves would have been left in the wagon as my lunch.
All in all, the place is getting closer to winter ready. Now if only I was.

#55 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:26 AM

There is nothing like a yard full, a room full, or a mitt full of dobes to heal what ails you. We had lots of fun yesterday. Thanks for that. And thanks to Chaos and Company for putting a huge smile on our faces.

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#56 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:15 PM

And Jane and Larry left empty-handed? That's not like them..........hmmmmmm

We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#57 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 08:44 PM

We got Chaos into the back seat of the Fiesta but needed to open a window to let his head hang out. Between that and Diamond riding shotgun wearing a ball cap as a disguise we realized we still would not be able to get passed the olde woman with the cane. You have to give her credit. For someone looking through her eye glasses from high school she has the vision of an olde eagle. So, yes, we reluctantly left empty handed.

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#58 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

Judy Kelly is after him too. And if he comes up missing.....the first place I'm going to look for him is Trich Nies. Then Don Baker's. He's my bestest buddy. I didn't think he was that active out there in the yard today but he was very slow to go out to potty on last pee call tonight. Taking care of Nickie is a much for him and me. They had a great day out there today. Trich and I burned leaves again today and had Chaos, Nickie, Ruby, Feebee, Mr Chatterly, Biscuit, Hunden, Karma, Indigo, Muffin, Dutchess, and Brittaney all out there with us. Yes, that's 4 males and 8 girls. Looked like an ocean as they went from one side of the yard to the other. And I might add, through every pile of leaves we raked up. THEY HAD FUN! and it was a joy to watch. It's a wonder that Nickie can move at all tonight. Can that boy raise the devil on those girls.

#59 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

Last batch of kids are out for last pee call so I had another free minute. I want to say that I hope that Jane and Trich hurt all over as bad as I do. If the idea is to kill me off.........whooh girls......I've got too much to do. Can't lay down yet. Good Night all.....and so it goes....

#60 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

And it rained all night and this morning. Now we are under a Tornado watch. What a mess. The leaves on the house side of the creek are treacherous. Step on a pile of these and you can end up in the creek. Or on your bum. Tornado Warning.......NO! These shingles are only hanging on for dear life. Please no 60 mile an hour winds. They can't take it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users