3 replies to this topic

#1 dobie sunshine

dobie sunshine

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 04:36 PM

Got a private message on Facebook that there was a two year old male at Detroit Animal Care and Control. Other rescues told DACC that they would take this boy UNTIL they found out that he had heartworm. I am guessing that they could not afford the treatment so DACC reached out to us and asked us if we would take this boy and of course we said yes! BUT the weather was terrible and there was no way of getting him. Thankfully DACC agreed to hold onto him until the weather broke on Thursday and Arda and I made the crazy ride down there. GUESS how this boy got his name...well there is this sweet little ole lady with white hair named Arda...who says to the lady behind the counter at DACC ''What is your name dear'' (I knew what Arda was up to) the lady says officer Hayes. I says to the lady ''oh you just got a dog named after you'' officer Hayes smiled and got a chuckle out of it.  Well on the ride home this sweet boy that we now call Hayes would put his head on Arda's shoulder and give her kisses and then put his head on my shoulder and give me kisses, then he would lay down for a bit and chew on Arda's down feathered jacket, until Arda realized what he was doing. This boy is about as sweet as they can come. I went over to Arda's today and he came running up to me to give me kisses. Can I say I am in love :Love:  This is a picture of Hayes at DACC. I will get better pics of him when the weather breaks. And yes we put a nicer collar on him.

Attached File  dacc boy.jpg   38.85KB   2 downloads

#2 Nancy Robinson

Nancy Robinson

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:12 PM

What a wonderful story for a wonderful boy!!!! These stories sure bring tears to your eyes. Don't ya just love Dobie kisses?
(Well all animal kisses) What a grateful boy Hayes is. Chance and Hayes are just feeling all the LOVE.

Thank "GOD" for you and Arda. There is a special place for you two.

Thank you Jackie and
GOD BLESS
Nancy

"Until one has LOVED AN ANIMAL, part of
their SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"

"
Yesterday is "HISTORY", Today is a "GIFT" and Tomorrow is a "MYSTERY"

"Always always try to be the" BEST YOU CAN BE"

Do not walk in front of me - I may not follow.
Do not walk behind me - I may not lead.
But walk beside me - and be my friend.

May you always have Love to Share
Health to Spare
and Friends who Care

Forever locked in my Heart

"I CARRY YOUR HEARTS IN MY HEART"........FOREVER

My "WHITE ANGEL".....Sweet sweet Schaudeh
4/17/1999...............5/14/2013
My "Bounty Hunter"
11/6/2000.......8/3/2009
My "Miks Von Rom Mateese"
7/6/1990..........4/4/1999

"I LOVED you yesterday, I LOVE you today, and I will LOVE you tomorrow'"
for you have never really left me

#3 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 07:30 AM

Thanks for telling us about Hayes.  He is a lucky boy to have been rescued by SCD.  His life has taken a positive turn now, and hopefully he is on his way to having a loving forever family. :thumbsup:

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#4 FrankSimple

FrankSimple

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:36 AM

Such a heart-wrenching story. Blessed be to Hayes and the people who took care of him.

By the way, just in case anyone’s interested. My brother-in-law Sellick is selling a few 20-Inch Wheels. If anyone’s interested, feel free to PM me.

Edited by FrankSimple, 23 August 2019 - 01:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users