46 replies to this topic

#21 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:11 AM

This is such wonderful news!! Those dogs have never had it so good!! I can't wait for the pictures. :)

Really sorry to hear about Trooper. I can't think about it too long either so I'll move on after agreeing with Pam in her hopes that your new dogs will help with healing. It's an awfully hard thing.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#22 Heather M

Heather M

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:22 AM

So sorry to hear about trooper. Losing someone you love is never easy.

So glad to hear that Raji and Ivon have found such a wonderful home. I guess dobes are notorious for their chewing. The good thing is our dogs have taught us to keep everything picked up of the floor (they aren't allowed upstairs where the bedrooms are, so the kids' rooms, unfortunately, are not affected).

So you're a runner Jan? I aspire to run but have never gotten much past a brisk walk/jog. Oh well. If you ever train at Hudon Mills Park in Dexter, maybe I'll see you. I am usually the only one there with three dogs (red dobe, red dobe mix, and German shepherd mix). I go during the day on week days.

Edited by Heather M, 24 May 2005 - 08:23 AM.

#23 RUSTYSMOM

RUSTYSMOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:31 AM

Posted ImageFirst let me say that I am so, so sorry for your lose of Trooper. Posted Image Just know that now he is looking down on you now Thanking you for the good life that you gave to him.

Now let me say how happy I am to hear that Raji & Ivon are doing so well.Posted ImageExcept for that chewing part. Posted Image
But it sounds like you have got a handle on it.

Looking forward to those pictures.

Michelle & Rusty

#24 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:38 PM

So glad to hear Raji and Ivon are doing good!! :) So sorry about Trooper :P Hopefully Raji & Ivon will help you guys through the sad times . What beautiful kids!! Best Wishes Kari
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#25 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:14 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your lost. Trooper's life was as enriched as was yours in knowing him. There are a lot of beloved waiting at the bridge for him. Posted Image Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#26 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:15 PM

She had to take the Old Fashioned route since no one knows what happened to the battery charger for the digital camera.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe you should ask Raji and Ivon if they know where the battery charger is. :)
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#27 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:23 PM

Dear Marten Family,

So sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is never easy...it's like losing your best pal. I lost my beloved Niko on Jan 6 of this year and adopting Cocoa was the best thing I could have ever done. I am sure that Trooper had a great life with you. May he live forever in the memories you keep.

With deepest sympathy on the loss of Trooper,

:) Cheryl & Cocoa
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#28 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:46 PM

I am so sorry to hear about Trooper. One never replaces another. We all know your grief. Poor ole Ivon, no stamina. He will get it. These dogs were contained in such a small area that it's a wonder that they could walk. You have a lot of work ahead of you with them but I know it will be worth it in the end. They have great attitudes. Not really abused as much as they were negelected. Not being able to run and play and grow normally. I look to see Ivon and Raji both put on some growth now that they have space. The other two dogs that came in with them are really messed up. They just circle and circle. Wear off all the calories I dump into them. But they are older and it will take a lot longer if ever for them to recover. Please keep us updated as it's the only reward we get. Thanks, Arda
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#29 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 05:05 PM

Losing a pet is never easy. They are part of the "family" and the loss leaves such a void. Even though you have two wonderful additions, our loyalties are still divided. That's part of the healing process. Ivon and Raji will warm your hearts and fill the empty space - in time. I'm sure Trooper is looking down on all of you and, in his own way, helping in the healing process.

I'm so happy, however, that Raji and Ivon and doing so well. They sure were a mess when they first came in. The other male, whose name escapes me at the moment (red and very skinny) would walk a few steps on the leash, and then just circle, and circle. Raji and Ivon are very lucky indeed.

When my Grindle first came here, a few throw pillows ended up as collateral damage . They do relax and get through this phase. Nerves, I think.

Please keep us posted. Hope you find the charger so we can see some new pictures! Thank you so much for the upate.

If it ever stops raining, we can all hit the pavement and do some serious running!

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#30 jmarten

jmarten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:51 AM

Ivon and Raji PICTURES!!! :)

Attached File  007_4.JPG   513.5KB   84 downloads
this is Dad with everyone relaxing. Look at Miss Raji all curled up like a little deer!

Attached File  011_8.JPG   806.22KB   55 downloads
Trooper enjoying the weather

Attached File  023_20.JPG   687.06KB   70 downloads
Playtime!

Love my new babies.

#31 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:59 AM

What gorgeous babies! They look so happy! :)

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#32 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:50 AM

What great pictures. They look so loved. Keep the pictures coming.

Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#33 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:10 PM

What fantastic pics!!!
These babies look so happy, you can just SEE the tension leaving their life!!!
My sympathies about Trooper...I was there in December, having lost my first baby, BJ to Wobblers. Adopting Brody was the best thing I could have done to honour the love I had for my first, Bj...and now??
I want another... :)
Beautiful pics!!! Can't wait to see more!! :P

#34 jmarten

jmarten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:17 PM

The other two dogs that came in with them are really messed up.  They just circle and circle.  Wear off all the calories I dump into them.  But they are older and it will take a lot longer if ever for them to recover. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Raji does the circling thing when I get up in the morning and go to open her bedroom door (aka the crate gate). Ivon on the other hand is slow to get moving in the morning so he just lays there and waits patiently.

#35 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:29 PM

Wow, they look wonderful! And, look at the coats - so shiny and healthy. What good parents you are :) Those are two happy Dobe kids.

Thank you so much for the pictures.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#36 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 04:29 PM

Such a nice looking family. OMG, that first picture of Ivon on the floor looks so much like my Adonis did, except for the right little folded ear there. Brought back a lot of great memories of my boy. No matter what some might say dobes do not all look alike. That is the first time that I have seen a picture of a dobe and saw my Adonis there. Wow, thanks for the pics. Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#37 RUSTYSMOM

RUSTYSMOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:37 AM

They look so happy! Thanks for sharing those pictures with us and again I am so sorry to hear about Trooper

Michelle & Rusty

#38 mihalik1413

mihalik1413

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 08:13 AM

Great pictures they look so happy and content, thanks for sharing them! :) Also I would like to say I'm sorry to hear about Trooper.

Larry

#39 jmarten

jmarten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:29 PM

The Ivon and Raji Chronicles: family life after one month

Betty Crocker and the Vet
Ivon had his first emergency vet visit and thankfully, it was pretty minor. I was making a birthday cake for Ron - chocolate of course. It had to be a big one for the party and required almost but NOT QUITE 2 boxes of mix. The remaining mix was in a big bowl in the middle of a fairly wide counter...but guess who can stretch himself like a rubber band? I left the room for mere moments, came back to find the bowl licked clean, Ivon with cake batter on his head, and poor Raji left with a puny rubber spatula and some batter on her left thigh? Not sure about that one but anyway, I immediately called the clinic down the road and explained what happened. Once we arrived, it was determined that Betty Crocker and her buddy Duncan Hines do not put enough real chocolate in those mixes to do serious damage. Being the overcautious mom that I am, we had to get the big guy to vomit it up. Raji was spared since big brother was a pig and wouldn't share...the morale of the story? Nothing is truly out of reach if you want it bad enough AND for once, homemade, "from scratch" baking would have been a lot worse.

Learning the routine
We are all progressing nicely in this area. I do still occasionally find a pile of doo in the living room but has been due to some nervous stomach issues and probably related as well to the covert cat food stealing ventures. They had a slight setback after staying with the dog sitter while we were in Texas but bounced back quickly once they realized that we were not giving them away again. No trips in the near future unless they are invited to go along.
Ivon is still the love muffin and has discovered the joys of couch cuddling, so every morning while I am drinking my coffee and watching the news, he lays in my lap for some lovin'. Raji is very cool with this because she wants all the bones for herself and won't share with Ivon anyway. At night, miss Raji is all over the couch thing while Ivon plays. Works out quite nicely!

Getting Buff
Both babies are starting to fill in the bony hollows and their muscles are beginning to look pretty nice. I notice it especially on Ivon who was wimpy when we brought him home. We are running tonight. I haven't pushed it too hard due to the heat and avoiding injuries. They do a lot of playing in the yard and the house and I see the stamina increasing everyday.

We think about Kobe and Rori all the time, and hope they are soon to be in a forever home.

More pictures if I can ever find that darn charger thing...

#40 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:34 PM

This was such an ENJOYABLE READ!!!!!

You had me laughing at your description of the cake batter thievery. :D

I can just picture them in my head, happy, healthy, loving and being loved. This update just made my day. Thanks so much for posting it!!! I'm looking forward to the pictures!!

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users