7 replies to this topic

#1 lorraine_byers

lorraine_byers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 11:44 PM

Over Memorial Day Weekend we took Harley on his first trip to my parents cabin on Neebish Island in the UP. The island is very remote and the cabin is on the water, so it is doggy heaven atleast it has always been for our Scrappy. Harley had never really been around water (beside bath time) or been able to roam free without a fence. Well, Harley's older brother Scrappy showed him the ropes and it didn't take long for Harley to catch on and he was also in dog heaven. He was very good at staying within hearing distance at all times though sometimes the water called a little louder than we did. I have to say they both slept very well while we were there after romping through the water.
Lorraine

Attached Files

#2 lorraine_byers

lorraine_byers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 12:10 AM

Few more pics

Attached Files

#3 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:01 AM

What wonderful pictures!! Such lucky dogs! Do they swim?

Thanks for sharing the pictures! :)
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#4 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 07:38 AM

Oh wow, what GREAT pics!!! They make me sad...I'm yearning now, to go up to Sault Ste. Marie to visit family, those pics reminded me SO much of up there...
:)
Just kidding, the dogs looked like they had an absolute blast, and I'm just JEALOUS!!! teeheeheehee... :P

#5 lorraine_byers

lorraine_byers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 03:34 PM

The island is actually 20 minutes from Sault Ste Marie so that is probably why it reminded you of up there. The island is on the American side of St. Joseph Island if you are familiar with that island. I lived in the Sault for 3 years and my husband for 5 years and my parents have had the cabin there for over 20 years. So we love to visit up there and so do the dogs.

The dogs swim a little but actually prefer chasing birds, sticks and whatever else they see in the water or just running as fast as they can in it.

#6 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 05:47 PM

I love seeing pictures of dogs having a good olde time. Thanks for posting these Lorraine. :)
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#7 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:16 AM

Ha!!
I lived in Soo Ontario for a few years when I was a kid, and my cousin got MARRIED on St. Joe's Island...which is JUST God's country.
NOW I know why I got all nostalgic looking at your pics!! They touched me so much, we have now made plans to go up there at the end of this month!! :) Thanks for refreshing memories for me, to kick me in my arse to get my butt up there!! :P
~JennyMay~

#8 mihalik1413

mihalik1413

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 08:25 AM

I really enjoyed the pictures too! :) I really enjoyed the last one, I would probably lighten that one up, just a bit, and frame it. :P :P They look so cool coming out of the water with the suns rays coming through the clouds. (Maybe the picture being darker is what makes it too, anyway I really like it).

Larry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users