3 replies to this topic

#1 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:11 AM

Well it's been weeks since Tango started taking her glycoflex and I've seen marked improvement in her. :D Some days she can even go for a couple of walks that are over a mile each. She seems to have regained a little spring to her step and she even got her bullheaded "I'm sniffing this blade of grass, you can pull on that leash all you want and I won't budge" attitude back. She does have what Larry is describing as a "trick leg" though. For no apparent reason as she is walking it will just buckle every once in awhile and she will stumble. Her back end is still much weaker than her front. She does this remarkable balancing act every time she is on her feet. She truly is an amazing animal.

She is play fighting with Tiki on occasion but isn't steady enough on her legs to do what she really wants to do which is to turn on a dime and jump on her back. It doesn't stop her from trying though.

It's sad to watch her age. She's napping right now so Tiki and I will slip out the door for Tiki's second walk of the day. She's waiting at the door for me right now. I better go before she starts bouncing her head on my arm. One of these days my forearm will snap from the force.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#2 mihalik1413

mihalik1413

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:22 AM

That's great news Jane, glad to hear it. I was taking triple flex for my knee a couple summers ago and recommended it to some of the other guys suffering at work. I told them it takes about a month to start seeing results they are all so happy I have shared this information with them. We generally wait till it's buy one get one free at Kroger. Anyway glad to hear the good news and I hope you, Larry, and the doggies have a good holiday weekend!

Larry

#3 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:51 AM

That's so good to hear, Jane. Your're right--It's so hard to watch the "kids" age. It's even harder watching me age! :D

#4 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 05:12 PM

Jane -

Great news! Tango's "zip" in her "do-da" has to brighten your day. It's always nice to see even the smallest improvement, because it trickles down to her attitude about life in general. She's a much happier camper - and Mom can relax a little bit. Maybe we should start using Glycoflex, too :D

Hope you, Larry and the girls have an enjoyable holiday weekend. Keep us posted on her progress. It's nice to know that THERE IS an alternative that actually works.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users