206 replies to this topic

#1 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:06 PM

Cathy VanderPloeg and her daughter met Kathye and I in Grand Rapids to adopt Angel. Angel will have a 7 year old Chihuahua sister named Tia, and Kodiak a 11 year old Rotty to show her around. Angel will have 20 acres surrounded by the Manistee National Forest to investgate and mess around on. Please keep us updated as she grows and please send us pictures.

Attached Files

#2 mihalik1413

mihalik1413

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:15 PM

We are so glad for Angel and her new family. :P

Larry, Shannon and family.

#3 RUSTYSMOM

RUSTYSMOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:23 PM

Angel, I am so happy that you finally got your forever home.
Sis you got all them acres to run around on.........I'm jealous. :P
Good Luck sis and please keep in touch OK.
Woof, Woof from your big brother Rusty

Attached Files

#4 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 05:46 PM

Way to go!!!!!!!!!!

Congrat's to all of you and we can not wait to see pictures!

Another new beginning!... Yeah! :P

The Gray's
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#5 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 06:19 PM

Way to go Angel!! You lucky girl!! Send us some pictures!! :P
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#6 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 07:09 PM

It sounds like the perfect environment for Angel!! How wonderful. :P

Congratulations to all concerned!

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#7 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 23 April 2005 - 10:43 PM

Congratulation Angel on your new forever home. make sure your mommy takes lots of pictures. :P

Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#8 mihalik1413

mihalik1413

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 01:52 AM

Congratulation Angel on your new forever home.  make sure your mommy takes lots of pictures. :D

Ella

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Please take many many pictures as we love that little one so much. My wife really wanted so badly to take her with Lexi and if I knew the city codes were three dogs, need I say more.... Congratulations again! :P You have a wonderful dog to love and train and if you ever come this far south then please let us know as we will bring Lexi to meet her sister. :P

Larry

#9 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 12:04 PM

Angel settled right in ,just fine. No barking or whining, etc.
She imediately tried to engage all of the other dogs in play. (which of course upset the old beagle and rottie. but they took it well.)
Tia is a bit standoffish with her yet, because of her bigger size, and high activity level. But I'm sure that will pass today, as it did when we brought Sadie home last year. I know they will be best of friends shortly.

Angel goes right into her crate and lays down, of her own accord. So no problems there. However, when I went to let her out in the middle of the night, I found her crate empty, and her sleeping in the bed with Becki.

I finally got to hold her for a little while, around 4:00 am, while Becki was sleeping--LOL. I think it was the first time Becki had let go of her!

We stopped at Pet Supplies Plus on the way home, and bought her a leash and collar (green) and a toy, and a bag of Pedigree Puppy...which is what we feed here. And she charmed everyone in the store.

We are still guessing at what possible breed combinations she could be. LOL. Every time I see her, I see something else. I'm thinking her Daddy may have been pug-or part pug. She has the curly tail, and "pouty" lower lip that my friend's pug mix had, and also, the shadowy mask.
I doubt she will be very big. I believe Sadie, our shepherd pup, was around 30 lbs by 3 months old--and I distinctly remember, our rottie actually taking me down to the ground at 3 months old!

We will never know exactly what she is--but I am sure we will always love her. She is fitting in wonderfully.

Cathy

#10 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 05:35 PM

So happy for the littlest Angel :P & for everyone who got a great home this weekend. Good luck to all of you!

#11 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 08:05 PM

It's so heartwarming to see all these pups, one by one, find their forever homes. There are a tough bunch, that's for sure. Congratulations, Angel. And thank you for the update. She sure seems to be fitting in well. I loved the part about her sleeping with your daughter :P Can't ask for much more than that!

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#12 Becki

Becki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:06 PM

Well it seems like Angel is finally fitting in with the other dogs! Tia will now curl up by Angel if she is sleeping and Kodiak hasn't growled at her all evening. Angel has learned the "sit" command already and we are still working on "heel" and "lay down"

Here is a picture of her next to our couch. One of the few times I got her to stand still for a picture.
Posted Image
and the last picture is of her waiting to pounce on the chihuahua.

Attached Files

In loving memory of Mitchell, 1992-January 22, 2006. He was a great friend, and I'm sorry he couldn't take the stress of this world any longer. We love you Mitchell. I just wish you would have talked with us before you made that decision

#13 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:29 PM

Will ya look at those ears!! That is so precious!!! :P

Thank you so much for posting the pictures and update. She is so darling!! Very happy that things are working out so well and that she is si quick to learn. :P

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#14 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 09:30 PM

Will ya look at those ears!!  That is so precious!!! :P

Thank you so much for posting the pictures and update.  She is so darling!!  Very happy that things are working out so well and that she is si quick to learn. :P

Jane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's not Spanish, that's "so" quick to learn. Comprende?

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#15 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 05:54 AM

Aww. what a cutie! Love those ears! to cute! :P
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#16 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:42 AM

Well it seems like Angel is finally fitting in with the other dogs! Tia will now curl up by Angel if she is sleeping and Kodiak hasn't growled at her all evening.  Angel has learned the "sit" command already and we are still working on "heel" and "lay down" 

Here  is a picture of her next to our couch.  One of the few times I got her to stand still for a picture.
Posted Image
and the last picture is of her waiting to pounce on the chihuahua.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

She is SO adorable! :P Congrats!

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#17 RUSTYSMOM

RUSTYSMOM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:55 AM

I can't get over how cute those ears are. Angel you look so happy. I am so glad to hear that you are getting along great with everyone.
Please keep sending those pictures & updates.

Michelle & Rusty

#18 mihalik1413

mihalik1413

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 09:19 AM

I can't get over how cute those ears are.  Angel you look so happy.  I am so glad to hear that you are getting along great with everyone. 
Please keep sending those pictures & updates.

Michelle & Rusty

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes Angel is so cute and her personality is the best!!! Please keep sending the pictures and updates!

Larry

#19 Becki

Becki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 04:59 PM

Angel is growing up very fast now. She is nearly twice as heavy as she was when we brought her home! She is also a very quick learner (she has already learned sit, lie down, and say please) and her potty training has improved a little. Last Friday she went for her first walk around the neighborhood, as that was the first sunny day we've had here for a while. She learned that our neighbors across the street have a couple of young dogs themselves and she made a bunch of new friends. Here is a picture of her with our big boy Kodiak when she went outside to play. :P

Attached Files

Edited by Becki, 02 May 2005 - 05:04 PM.

In loving memory of Mitchell, 1992-January 22, 2006. He was a great friend, and I'm sorry he couldn't take the stress of this world any longer. We love you Mitchell. I just wish you would have talked with us before you made that decision

#20 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:51 PM

Angel is growing up very fast now.  She is nearly twice as heavy as she was when we brought her home!  She is also a very quick learner (she has already learned sit, lie down, and say please) and her potty training has improved a little.  Last Friday she went for her first walk around the neighborhood, as that was the first sunny day we've had here for a while.  She learned that our neighbors across the street have a couple of young dogs themselves and she made a bunch of new friends.  Here is a picture of her with our big boy Kodiak when she went outside to play. :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The picture is wonderful! So happy that she is doing so well and getting to know her environment and the neighbors! I truly do love those ears! (And Kodiak is a beauty)

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users