87 replies to this topic

#21 shromada

shromada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 12:44 AM

Congratulations Lulu on your new, wonderful forever home and family!!

#22 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:02 PM

Great picture, glad she's settling in nicely, thanks again for giving that great girl her forever home.

#23 andimh

andimh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:12 PM

Things continue to go well! They are playing all day today, no fights today, YAY!!! Bo is having to get used to set eating times because right now they eat different foods and we don't need any fights over that.... He's used to just having his bowl on the ground, but today was the first time they both ate all their food in the alotted time and then went straight out together and went potty!

Lulu is definitely taking over the alpha position, which we expected as Bo is really big baby at heart and a complete push-over. Lulu promptly ate her peanut butter bone (they LOVE them, available at Wal-Mart), out of her kong, then walked up to Bo and he turned his head while she stole his Kong and Peanut Butter Bone. Poor boy! We'll have to work on those manners!!!

Will keep updating and more pictures when I can!

#24 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 08:00 PM

Lulu promptly ate her peanut butter bone (they LOVE them, available at Wal-Mart), out of her kong, then walked up to Bo and he turned his head while she stole his Kong and Peanut Butter Bone. Poor boy! We'll have to work on those manners!!!

Darcy will take things from Dude as well. If he has something she wants she'll whine and bark (nag,nag) until he leaves it for her. Other times she will take a more direct approach and just carefully take it while he growls at her. It's kind of funny to watch and they have never snapped at each other.

Designated meal times are a real plus. Allows keeping track of who's eating what and shows that you are the Alpha by controlling when they eat.

Looking forward to more pictures.
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#25 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 10:09 PM

There is a reason they call female dogs what they do, lol! The girls always think they should boss the boys. I'm glad to hear Bo is taking it all in stride. We have a set feeding time for ours too, twice a day. I also like it because it makes potty time more regular. That was very helpful in housebreaking Bay.

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#26 dayzimae

dayzimae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:30 AM

I love to watch "steal the rawhide" here. I always open two rings at the same time so they each have one, and they merrily chew away until one is distracted to get a drink or hassle a cat, then the other will jump up and grab the second rawhide ring, many times laying on one while chewing on the other. This then becomes entertainment for the evening watching how the dogs steal from each other. :thumbsup:
Rene (short for Marion Irene)

Love me, love my dog(s) (cats and goats)

If possible, live peaceably with all creatures

#27 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:29 AM

I love to watch "steal the rawhide" here.

Ours got new natural bones for Christmas, that was a riot as well. After chewing on one for awhile, all 3 would decided they needed a different one, so they would switch. They did that all evening, it was hilarious! Now that the newness of the bones has worn off, it's not such a big deal. :thumbsup: :D
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Darlin' Darcy - CGC
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC
SCD's Liddle Diddles - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
SCD's One Cool Dude (7/05-4/10)
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)
Sheeba (BYB) (11/82-4/93)

#28 andimh

andimh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:42 AM

Day 4... woke up early this morning to Lulu heaving in her cage, tried to get her outside in time, but she puked a little in both her crate and the hallway. Ushered her gently outside (of course Bo woke up and wouldn't let her go out alone!), and she seemed fine. But when she came back in, she looked up at me with "sorry" eyes, and all I could get out was "aww, Lulu, it's" and I was going to say "OK" but I already had her big Doberpaws on my chest and her trying to love me up w/ kisses! I am soooo in love with this dog!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by andimh, 05 January 2010 - 09:42 AM.

#29 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 09:48 AM

I'm going to put together the articles and posts we got on her. Her euthanasia was so close it scared even me. It would have been a sin if she had died down there.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#30 andimh

andimh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 08:18 PM

I'm going to put together the articles and posts we got on her. Her euthanasia was so close it scared even me. It would have been a sin if she had died down there.

I just can't even imagine!!!! It's already hard to imagine not having her and what life was like before. It's like she's always been a part of it. The same with Bo... his breeder said she would have put him down (becasue of all his health issues - he was born TINY, only about 6oz, all of his littermates were about a pounds, his jaw was too small, he needed 3 or 4 surgeries on teeth and his jaw has had bone grafting done, etc etc etc), if it wasn't for us he'd be put down too. I can't imagine. He's such a lovable little boy!!! And I can't imagine Lulu, a perfectly healthy and BEAUTIFUL little girl being put down for no reason at all! It's such a shame.

We are so happy to have her!!!! Thank you Arda!!!

#31 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 10:40 PM

SCD Thanks you for giving her a loving home. I'm happy to here that Lulu
fit right in, like she has always been with you. :thumbsup:

#32 andimh

andimh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:31 PM

My first day back to work since getting Lulu....... I can't wait to go home and see her!!!! It was so hard tearing myself away from her this morning, all she wants to do is cuddle in the morning! :thumbsup:

#33 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:16 PM

You're so in love! :D I just love reading this thread :thumbsup: Hard to believe they get thrown out like yesterday's trash and left to a few compassionate, caring humans to decide their fate. Lulu and her friend Ty were very lucky to say the least.
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#34 andimh

andimh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 05:35 PM

Day 6... Today was vet day! They told us Lulu is about a year old, maybe a little older due to the tartar on her teeth, but she was a street dog, so I wonder if she's got more than she should have... She really doesn't seem older than a year! Her incision is healing from her spaying, and her dew claw too, stitches/staples will come out next week. She was so worried to get back in the car and on the way home too, I think she was worried we wouldn't be bringing her back home. When we got back all she wanted to do was play with Bo and then curl up on the couch on the blanket!!! She was so good at the vet, they all commented on what a sweet girl she is. Love her!!!!

#35 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 06:08 PM

When we got back all she wanted to do was play with Bo and then curl up on the couch on the blanket!!!

:thumbsup:
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)

#36 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:33 AM

These updates are great! I'm so glad she is stealing your heart, Arda knew she would. :thumbsup: Is Bo warming up to his little sister?

SCD's Stone Soup

#37 andimh

andimh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:37 AM

Is Bo warming up to his little sister?

Definitely warming up to her!!! He won't leave her alone! In the mornings they like to play together after a good night's sleep, but in the evening, she likes to cuddle up on the couch and Bo isn't having any of that!! He wants to play with her 24/7.

#38 andimh

andimh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 10:17 PM

Well, we're starting to get in the groove... it's like Lulu's been here forever! Even Bo is getting used to her being around. He paced a lot, even when she was tuckered out at night, but now he's the one who crashes first! She had her staple removed last week from the dew claw and doesn't have to wear a bandage anymore... We're going to do a "photo shoot" at my mom's house, so then I'll have lots of pics to post!

#39 Bumpette

Bumpette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,632 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:47 AM

I'm glad she is fitting in, and Bo is finally accepting her. :D We're looking forward to the pictures! :thumbsup:
Happiness is a decision.

Susie Q
SCD's Mr. McBump - CGC

Forever in our hearts:
Ralph (SCD) (10/99-6/05)
Rex (SCD) (6/93-9/99)

#40 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:42 PM

I can't wait to see the pictures!

SCD's Stone Soup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users