25 replies to this topic

#1 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 12:24 PM

Yippeeee!!! We passed our first pre-novice class at the Chatham Kent Kennel Club show! Whoooohooooo!!

Yesterday we had a tougher time. Tux was interested in every single tiny spot on the floor and blew his recall checking them all out. :ermm: He did pass the exam and the long stay - and those were the two I was worried about! :wacko: I thought we'd have the heeling in the bag ... apparently he was out to surprise me. :thumbsup: He was very calm yesterday which was what I was hoping for - I wasn't expecting to pass so it was a good day all in all.

Today I was expecting more of the same although I was hoping we'd do better on our heeling. It was like I had a different dog! Daisy - you wouldn't have believed him today! (Daisy saw our first run yesterday.... :blink: ) Today his heeling was beautiful. Recall was great with a sort-of-straight front. The long stay was no problem. I was so impressed with him!!!! We didn't get any pictures ... I didn't have anyone to operate a camera ... :blink:

Yipppeeee!!!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#2 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 12:28 PM

GREAT JOB STEF & TUX!

You make us all so proud. :thumbsup:

The Gray's
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#3 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 01:43 PM

WAY to go Stef,
What was your score? 1 down & 2 to go! He didnt do all
that bad sat :ermm: He was just distracted, very typical
especially for the boys.. Were you in same ring or other
side? Boy pre-novice is so different there! You saw how I was...
& that you can earn a title is great.. Will have to work our guys
up for it... :blink:
Sorry we wernt there to see you, but Heather went to a concert
at fox last nite so since we wert entered, she slept in, I was up
before 6:30 with kids & laidback down after..
Hugs to both of you... :blink:

Happy Easter :thumbsup:

Daisy

#4 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:27 PM

Thanks Daisy :thumbsup: We were in the same ring, different judge. She wasn't as chatty as the one yesterday - but still very nice. (They must have swept this morning because there wasn't "stuff" all over the mats for him to notice.) There's no score in pre-novice. It's a pass/fail. Which is okay as long as you pass everything! :ermm: So things that would be "points" in novice would be a fail in pre.

It's VERY different and I think we'll try a couple pre-novice in the US this summer since we have our ILP. (There are only 2 shows this year in Ontario that are offering pre-novice... So we'll have to do REALLY well! :blink: )

Thanks again for your support and kind words yesterday. :blink:
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

#5 scott

scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:36 PM

Sounds like you and Tux did Great this weekend!!
I really want to get Duffy into something like this.
I've already called to book us into obedience in May.
Again Congrats. to you and Tux!!
"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's." - Mark Twain, Letter to W D Howells, 4/2/1899

#6 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:46 PM

Thanks!!

It's a lot of fun. Almost our entire class from Wysguys showed this weekend. It's stressful - but very rewarding. I really wasn't expecting anything this weekend ... it was quite a shock! :blink:

If you're interested ... I would suggest starting your paperwork soon. My CKC PEN application took forever.... :thumbsup:
You need this:
http://www.ckc.ca/as...f/150-11-51.pdf
You also need two pictures (standing) one front shot and one side shot. They need to be signed & dated by your vet stating that you have a X" Doberman Pinscher. You'll also need a letter from your vet stating that he's neutered. It's a pain to collect all the stuff. :ermm: (They won't accept an AKC ILP if you're a Canadian - so ignore what it says about American dogs needing an ILP.)

Good luck!

#7 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 02:49 PM

I admire your dedication and persistence. With those qualities your dobes are going to make you and SCD very proud indeed! Good work and CONGRATS!! :thumbsup:

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#8 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 04:06 PM

Congratulation Stef
What great news.
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#9 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 04:53 PM

Stef; Thanks so much for making a horrible week end better. I am so proud of you. AND TUX!.. Thanks so much. Swamp Mama
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#10 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:01 PM

Way to go Stef and Tux !!! You make us very proud :thumbsup:
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#11 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:16 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Stef & Tux!
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#12 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:55 PM

Wow!! Awesome! I know how proud you must be, Stef. A lot of hard work went into this day, and it certainly paid off! Congratulations to you both.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#13 Karen A

Karen A

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 10:30 PM

Congratulations Stef and Tux! :ermm: You put a much needed smile on my face :thumbsup: Keep it up!
Karen
We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare, and the love we can spare. And, in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made.
-M. Acklam

#14 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 08:40 AM

Way to go, Stef and Tux!!!!!! :ermm: You two are doing great. :thumbsup:
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#15 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:32 AM

Congratulations! You must be very proud of your boy - and yourself! Great work!

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#16 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:45 AM

http://www.tcdtc.com/trial.htm

Here is one with pre-novice but entries close tomorrow.

I entered this one for pre novice.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#17 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:46 AM

Heather,
Good luck at the obedience trial, did you enter both days?

Daisy

#18 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 11:58 AM

Heather,
Good luck at the obedience trial, did you enter both days?

Daisy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. I did.

Stef, I hope you make it over this summer to show! I think it would be great for people to see Tux and have them know he is a rescue. :ermm: We won't tell them my dogs are from the same place! :flower:

#19 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:53 PM

Where is that? In relation to Detroit?

I think I'm free that weekend ... depends how far away it is though....

#20 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 02:59 PM

Where is that?  In relation to Detroit?

I think I'm free that weekend ... depends how far away it is though....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Midland is 128 miles from Detroit. Flint (May 20) is 68 miles from Detroit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users