Chimommy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:37 AM

Dog Destroys Elvis' Teddy Bear at Museum
By Associated Press
Wed Aug 2, 10:07 PM

LONDON - A guard dog has ripped apart a collection of rare teddy bears, including one once owned by Elvis Presley, during a rampage at a children's museum.

"He just went berserk," said Daniel Medley, general manager of the Wookey Hole Caves near Wells, England, where hundreds of bears were chewed up Tuesday night by the 6-year-old Doberman pinscher named Barney.

Barney ripped the head off a brown stuffed bear once owned by the young Presley during the attack, leaving fluffy stuffing and bits of bears' limbs and heads on the museum floor. The bear, named Mabel, was made in 1909 by the German manufacturer Steiff.

The collection, valued at more than $900,000, included a red bear made by Farnell in 1910 and a Bobby Bruin made by Merrythought in 1936.

The bear with Elvis connections was owned by English aristocrat Benjamin Slade, who bought it at an Elvis memorabilia auction in Memphis, Tenn., and had loaned it to the museum.

"I've spoken to the bear's owner and he is not very pleased at all," Medley said.

A security guard at the museum, Greg West, said he spent several minutes chasing Barney before wrestling the dog to the ground.

Attached Files

#2 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:40 AM

This is hysterical! Who would let a dobe loose in a room full of stuffies?? :flower:
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#3 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:49 AM

LOL!!!!! :flower: :flower:
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#4 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:22 AM

I know this is serious, but look at that dog's face - he is proud as all heck to have killed so many vicious threats...

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#5 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:24 AM

A friend of mine sent this story to me at work today. Was going to post it but Lorie beat me to it! :flower:
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#6 Prince_Pride

Prince_Pride

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:33 AM

This is hysterical!  Who would let a dobe loose in a room full of stuffies??  :flower:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My thoughts exactly!! :flower:

#7 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:33 AM

Now look at how much all of you have learned. At least we know not to leave a Dobermann to guard those vicious Teddys. That dog knows he just saved the world from the invading little devils. Hooray for Dobermanns!
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#8 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:08 PM

We all had a good laugh at work about this. Then they proceeded to make fun of everthing Myles has torn up or eaten. They all asked if he ripped up stuff animals.

Kelly
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#9 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:28 PM

The guestion is not if he tore up stuffies....it should be is he a Dobermann. Cathy has pictures of Bubbles and the penquin Sunday. Everytime he peed he took the penquin to the pond to pee. I saw the remains of the penquin today. All over the place. Another good place to NOT have a Dobermann guard would be a lingerie depart. Ask Frodo about that one. Don't you just love them. I heard that poor old Bernie has been retired to a farm. Hope they have sheep.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#10 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:33 PM

I heard that poor old Bernie has been retired to a farm.  Hope they have sheep.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:flower:
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#11 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 10:58 AM

Another Link to the story with more pictures...

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#12 Prince_Pride

Prince_Pride

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:41 AM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

This is cute...

#13 chimommy

chimommy

Chimommy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:08 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

This is cute...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is friggin hilarious!!!!
Lorie

#14 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:34 PM

Laughed my a$$ off. Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#15 biondo5

biondo5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 August 2006 - 09:20 PM

speaking of Dobes and stuffies, here is Riley/Breezy in action....... :D

#16 ChristineNHarley

ChristineNHarley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 11:26 AM

LOVED this story! :D My husband sent it to me - who LOVES Elvis - and I know Harley would have done the exact same thing! LMFAO!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users