43 replies to this topic

#41 Annie Moon

Annie Moon

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:31 AM

I'm so proud of you guys and the entire group from Saginaw!
From what I read the budget for the facility is "just under $800,000" with 7 full time and 3 part time employees.
Yet the euthanasia rate is around 50%. :( WTH?!
With a budget like that and volunteer help doing alot of the work there is no excuse for the poor quality of care.
Our budget is no where near that yet all dogs are vaccinated, flea treated and health issues taken care of as soon as they arrive at the shelter. Unless it's an owner surrender with vet records..

Is there any possibility of the SAVE group taking over the shelter?
In Memory of Mariah He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.  ~Unknown~

#42 LibbyTea

LibbyTea

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

Very good job!! Keep up the good work. The animals would thank you if they could. Everyone of them that ends up with a loving home makes a happy spot in the world. I am a firm believer in happy spots - everyone / thing needs them

#43 Annie Moon

Annie Moon

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:52 PM

Val has resigned.
Any chance the volunteer group could take over all but county employees like animal control officers?
In Memory of Mariah He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.  ~Unknown~

#44 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

Ahhhh! I am going to go look at updates in a minute. I pray this means a good change is coming for the shelter.

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users