#1 1DOBAHOLIC

1DOBAHOLIC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:05 PM

Second Chance Dobes is looking to participate in:

Michigan Humane Society "Detroit Zoo" happening May 18th and May 19th from 10 am to 5pm
(http://www.michiganh...igator/zoo.html)
Were looking for people to commit to a 4 hour shift - will be distributing our SCD pamphlet and pushing the "Kroger" card program - no out of pocket money for the individual, Kroger gives SCD a % on your grocery bill. (Unless things have changed, will not be able to sell items or take donations at this event)

Frakenmuth "Dog Bowl" happening May 25th and May 26th
(http://frankenmuthri.../dog-bowl-2013/)
This is an outside event - have numerous dog activities going on and accept "rescue" groups to set up booths. Admission is free (unlike Cobo Hall event) - so we would have a greater chance at selling our various dog/dobe items.
Looking for volunteers to work any shift of 1hr or greater.

#2 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

I can do a whole day for each event. Whatever day doesn't matter :) Can't do 2 days cause 1 day is to scoop poop,lol.
My mom and Al like to help so whatever days I get then I will have 2 extra people :)
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#3 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

I can do the whole day at the "Detroit Zoo" . On May 25 & 26 I'll be down in Georgia.
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#4 LuvmydobeApollo

LuvmydobeApollo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:21 AM

i would LOVE to do the zoo thing.!!!! its only a mile from my house... let me know details if you need me!!

sharen

#5 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:44 PM

Out of town the 25 & 26th but can do Saturday afternoon at the zoo. :)

#6 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Sarah and I can do the one in Frankenmuth, maybe we can even get Arda out and up to the Frankenmuth like she's been wanting.

#7 1DOBAHOLIC

1DOBAHOLIC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Hi - Just got an update for the Detroit Zoo event from their contact "Marie" of the Michigan Humane Society.
They have changed the dates - it will be held May 17th (Friday - 2pm to 8pm) and May 18th (Saturday 10am to 5pm) - use to be held on Saturday and Sunday.

Volunteers so far are Kari, Ella, Sharen, Pam and I - will have to juggle and see whom can do what day, Pam already offered her time Saturday afternoon.

Haven't heard from the Dog Bowl contact yet, other than that they know we want to participate. Kari, Joaquin, Sarah and I are the volunteers so far.

As I get more detail I'll message each one of you.

For those whom may be interested - still looking for add'l Volunteers.

#8 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:10 PM

Is the Dog Bowl in Frankenmuth where they have the chicken dinner? You know the all you can eat Chicken dinner with Herman Jensen Raspberry wine from Belgium? For medicinal purposes?
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#9 Nancy Robinson

Nancy Robinson

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 09:04 PM

Hi - Just got an update for the Detroit Zoo event from their contact "Marie" of the Michigan Humane Society.
They have changed the dates - it will be held May 17th (Friday - 2pm to 8pm) and May 18th (Saturday 10am to 5pm) - use to be held on Saturday and Sunday.

Volunteers so far are Kari, Ella, Sharen, Pam and I - will have to juggle and see whom can do what day, Pam already offered her time Saturday afternoon.

Haven't heard from the Dog Bowl contact yet, other than that they know we want to participate. Kari, Joaquin, Sarah and I are the volunteers so far.

As I get more detail I'll message each one of you.

For those whom may be interested - still looking for add'l Volunteers.

I would help anywhere I could, but my first priority is at home
with my soon to be my 14 year old "WHITE ANGEL"
Nancy

"Until one has LOVED AN ANIMAL, part of
their SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"

"
Yesterday is "HISTORY", Today is a "GIFT" and Tomorrow is a "MYSTERY"

"Always always try to be the" BEST YOU CAN BE"

Do not walk in front of me - I may not follow.
Do not walk behind me - I may not lead.
But walk beside me - and be my friend.

May you always have Love to Share
Health to Spare
and Friends who Care

Forever locked in my Heart

"I CARRY YOUR HEARTS IN MY HEART"........FOREVER

My "WHITE ANGEL".....Sweet sweet Schaudeh
4/17/1999...............5/14/2013
My "Bounty Hunter"
11/6/2000.......8/3/2009
My "Miks Von Rom Mateese"
7/6/1990..........4/4/1999

"I LOVED you yesterday, I LOVE you today, and I will LOVE you tomorrow'"
for you have never really left me

#10 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

Has anyone been to the Detroit Zoo dog event recently ?
I ask because we were going to do this about 7 or 8 years ago and I checked into it and they told me we had to do on site adoptions so we never took it any futher. I stood around and watched and when someone seen a dog they wanted they would sit down with a concelor and fill out the paper work and take their dog home.
Have they changed any of this? Can we do fundraising or is it to hand out info ?
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#11 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:21 AM

I believe it's no fund raising and no on site adoptions. Could be wrong though. We never got a good app out of it in the past and basically it was a waste of time and energy. Could be different now. I just don't know anymore.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#12 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:35 PM

Well we could go one day and if it doesn't look good just put the stuff in the car and take the train for a ride around the zoo. I could use some new pics of the rino's

#13 1DOBAHOLIC

1DOBAHOLIC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 07:01 PM

"Meet Your Best Friend" at the Detroit Zoo, May 17th & 18th - We had "great" weather !!
Want to thank Ella and Pam for participating with me and promoting Second Chance Dobes -
and a Thank You to Arda for letting SCD "be there". We handed out SCD pamphlets, talked about
some of the current dogs we had available for adoption and about our breed - we didn't get alot
of people stopping by - but then dobes aren't for everyone. The public that did stop by only had
great things to say about these dogs and we got a few who were excited that we were there and wanted
to know more about our breed. Hopefully thru SCD application process and visits we will have
placed a few of this great breed in great homes!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users