#1 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 05:50 PM

Continue discussion here! ;)
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#2 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 06:52 PM

Can someone who knows the particulars bring us all up to speed.

What?
When?
Where?

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#3 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 09:43 PM

Jane, I'm with you...
Where's the other posts to let us know what's up for this fundraiser?? Can someone bring us up to speed?? This has sparked my interest. :)
What is GOING ON!! ;) ;)
~Jen~

#4 aanderson

aanderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 05:37 AM

The Mother's day Fundraiser is May 6th, 7th and 8th. ;)

I will be setting up a sign up sheet in a week for volunteers to sign up to help work the booth. We will be selling of the flowers, t-shirts, dog baskets, dog bone packs. We will also raffle off a few dog baskets and a dog bed as well.

We will be located in the parking lot of 808 W. Chicago Blvd. Tecumesh, Michigan. Across the street from Subway.

We will be bringing one or two very well behaved Dobes with us in shifts. Please let me know if you want to volunteer your dog as well. Please do not be upset if your dog is not selected. We learned a great deal at the expo about what kind of dog is best in public and how long to let them be with on the "job". It is a lot harder than it sounds. I know out of my two dobes, Bixby could do it and Raven could not.

I ran out of ink Wednesday for my printer and just go some yesterday, so the flyers will be ready today. If you have adobe writer, please let me know. I would like to get this flyer on the website so that you can print out what you want.

Let me know if you have any question.
Allison

#5 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 11:08 AM

Thanks Allison!

If you attach the pdf file to a post, I'll be able to download from here and so will everyone else. I've got adobe. It's a free download if other people want to get the software.

http://www.adobe.com.../readstep2.html

I'm really looking forward to the sale! I've got my t-shirts already so we will have them on!

Oh and FYI I washed one of the t-shirts and laid it on top of the other new one. It shrunk about 1.5 inches in the sleeves and at the bottom. Which is pretty darned good. I know some people were wondering about shrinkage.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#6 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 01:12 PM

Oh and FYI  I washed one of the t-shirts and laid it on top of the other new one.  It shrunk about 1.5 inches in the sleeves and at the bottom.  Which is pretty darned good.  I know some people were wondering about shrinkage.

Jane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

WOW!!!! Now that's a LOT of shrinkage!! ;) Those things were supposed to be pre-shrunk too. ;)
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#7 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 02:26 PM

WOW!!!! Now that's a LOT of shrinkage!!  Those things were supposed to be pre-shrunk too.

Yes, it says "preshrunk" on it, but I wasn't expecting it to stay the same size. I've never had a "preshrunk" cotton item that didn't shrink. It washed up nicely and didn't fade. The picture on the front is still as good as the new one. I'm very pleased with it! You will see it at the sale if you are going!

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#8 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 03:08 PM

Let me know if you want Beefcake and/or Lilly.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#9 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 03:32 PM

Allison,

I can do Sat. for a few hours. Suzzane is fine in the public. she can handle about 3hrs of people coming at her and kids hanging on her neck. After that she starts looking for legs to hide behind :) We are currently working on teaching her to carry her purse.... like the dogs that carry the buckets for donation $. Suzzy said " A buckett? I want to carry a purse!" (She is preparing for another Meet & Greet in July.. ;) )
If Suzz is not an option. I will still be able to do Sat for a few hrs ;)
let me know if this is o.k. and how else I can help. ;)

Cathy
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#10 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 05:12 PM

Suzzane is fine in the public. she can handle about 3hrs of people coming at her and kids hanging on her neck. After that she starts looking for legs to hide behind

Cathy, would you be able to come to Plymouth on the 14th of May? ;) Suzzane sounds perfect! It's only going to be about 3 hours or so. Does she get along with other dogs?

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#11 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 05:51 PM

Jane,

I am sorry but we are busy that weekend. ( mother-in laws b-day) Yes, for the most part she loves other dogs. ( unless they look like a rabbit ;) ) Thanks for the offer.... We are very proud of this once unwanted Dobe. ( as you can see)

Best of luck ! You guys will have blast! ;)

Cathy
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#12 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 08:07 PM

Cathy - you get some great pictures. I love this one you are using now where Doogee looks like he is trying to edge away and Suzz has him trapped by the paw - "No, really, he's mine!" I would like to meet her - she always looks so happy and full of personality.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#13 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 08:44 PM

Cathy - you get some great pictures.  I love this one you are using now where Doogee looks like he is trying to edge away and Suzz has him trapped by the paw - "No, really, he's mine!"  I would like to meet her - she always looks so happy and full of personality.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

" Full of personality" Yeap... let's just say shes' very very confident in herself. Kari calls her Miss princess and Arda calls her Miss *^%**!! She thinks she's human and everyone is to praise her. She gives kisses to anyone who wants them, but only if they ask! Ha! ;)

Anyway, I know she would love to meet you too!

Arda gives me one of those looks when I tell her "Doodgee is picking up some of Suzzane's traits." ;) ( Although, you know that is a good thing )

I sure hope you and Beefcake get to go! He is such a GREAT BOY! ;) Wonderful with everyone!

I have never met Lilly but it sounds like she is wonderful too!

Flower for you! :)

Cathy

#14 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:54 AM

She looks confident that she is well loved! It just seems to shine out of every picture I see of her. If Doodgee is picking up those traits, that is great. He deserves happiness and to be sure he is loved too!

#15 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:34 AM

I signed up to work my second job Mother's Day weekend so I won't be able to help out at this event. I have not received my confirmation yet, but more than likely, I will be working as I am always one of the first to relay back my availability.

Cheryl
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#16 aanderson

aanderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 03:00 PM

Since I can not write the file to Adobe, then I can email it to people who have publisher and they can print it out on their own computer.

Let me know if you want it and I will email it to you.

Allison

#17 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:25 PM

Allison,
I dont have a printer hooked up, does Arda have some
flyers? I can get from her.
Thanks

#18 aanderson

aanderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 10:59 PM

I did it!! I got it into a PDf without the writer software!! ;)

Take a look and let me know what you think ;)

Attached Files

#19 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 11:23 PM

GOOD JOB!! Now this is a skill that you will use really often! How did you get it to work with Microsoft word?

I like the flyer. I will try to get some Pet Stores in Ann Arbor and Ypsi to let me put the flyers up. Canton too.

I just got a new printer today so Larry will hook me up tomorrow. This old one keeps thinking it's out of paper and then when it realizes it has paper, it prints gibberish for about ten pages or so. Driving me nutz! It only works right half the time.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#20 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 02:14 PM

Allison,

You need to put "Day" in after Mother's. ;)

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users