24 replies to this topic

#1 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:18 PM

If anyone is going to SCD this weekend, avoid the kennel driveway. I suggested Arda chain and padlock it, as the drive is worse than I have ever saw it. I drove up it in low-lock 4wd and barely made it. I was sinking on average 7-10 inches.

Kathye and I wouldn't have been to SCD today, except the fact we recieved an urgent call from Arda, as a dobe was making it's way to Sam's Club off US-23 and she, Arda decided to see how far she could bury the van. I have attached some picc, to show you how bad it is out there. We have to find some kind of fundraiser to do to raise enough money to get the drive fixed up a little.

Arda and Duffy the Dobe are both safely at SCD, and Arda got to get some groceries at Sam's club.

Now all that's needed is the tow truck to try and pull the van out.

Duffy Attached File  pics_006.jpg   59.99KB   79 downloads

The Van Attached File  pics_001.jpg   62.38KB   27 downloads Attached File  pics_002.jpg   88.96KB   40 downloads

Attached File  pics_003.jpg   60.05KB   25 downloads Attached File  pics_004.jpg   61.71KB   19 downloads Attached File  pics_005.jpg   75.49KB   38 downloads

#2 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:40 PM

WA_HOO! :flower: :blink:

Duffy is a red-necked mud wrestler. :rolleyes: ;)

Hahahaha :P

Arda said: "To the Bahama's"

And Duffy thought she said "Let's go Ba-Ha." :P

glad everyone made it home safe,

THANKS FOR THE PICTURES :excl: and warning. B)
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#3 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,756 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 08:59 PM

One of these days keporter. I will put a triple whammy on you. If I could get the John Deere started it would pull it right out.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#4 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:12 PM

Frank, did you get cleaned up before work?

I forgot my camera today and it was much needed. Frank got Ardas van un-stuck from where she had it, but then sunk it lower in the yard. After trying to pull it out, Franks truck was buried. After a couple hours of digging and getting nowhere, Arda called her favorite tow truck to pull both vehicals out. The chain is now on the kennel gate and padlocked, it has to stay like this until it dries up and we can get some big fill in there.

#5 docsavalle

docsavalle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:26 PM

after 10.00 dollars worth of quarters, its better then it was, i still have to pull my tires off and clean out the inside of my rims, but all is good

#6 keporter

keporter

keporter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 08:38 PM

People pay good money to watch and/or drive in mud bogs. I think this might be Arda's newest money maker.

#7 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 12 March 2006 - 10:39 PM

Yea Kevin, & what about some mud wrestling contests!
Sounds like the Swamp is the place for it...I can see it
now "Swamp Mama's Mud Wrestling & Moto Cross Meet's"....... :rolleyes:

Daisy

#8 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,756 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 08:22 AM

Hey, the big blue van is pretty well washed off by the storm last night. I would not reccomend a walk in my park this morning or you may look like the big blue van yesterday. What a darn mess. I can't even believe I live here. SWAMP Mama
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#9 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 08:32 AM

Arda,

We are sending the Navy to save you & the kids.
I can not even imagine what it looks like out there today. We got standing water in our yard from all the rain, and we are on a hill, it rained hard ALL night here, thunderstoms all night and I thought poor Doodgee was going to have a heart attack. :rolleyes:

Cath
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#10 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,370 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 08:41 AM

Arda,

We are sending the Navy to save you &  the kids.
I can not even imagine what it looks like out there today. We got standing water in our yard from all the rain, and we are on a hill, it rained hard ALL night here, thunderstoms all night and I thought poor Doodgee was going to have a heart attack. :P

Cath

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Start building the ark! :rolleyes:

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (Falyn),   Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

#11 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 01:18 PM

I have a few spots in my (non-existent) driveway which are like quicksand. Have been talking around as to getting it graveled, etc. Instead of gravel, I think the Swamp's driveway needs broken concrete which is not expensive; might even check with a cement place that wants to get rid of some. By the way, I am not an expert on this, but some friends own an Equestrian horse place with people coming in and out all the time, like Arda's and that's what they finally did and it works especially if you're not worried about aestetics.

#12 Prince_Pride

Prince_Pride

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 02:00 PM

My grandparents own a gravel pit. Let me know if you want to go the gravel route and I can get prices for you. My uncle does the trucking/hauling and my mom is the cashier. Or if you know anyone that has their own gravel hauler you are welcome to use that too. Just let me know. I think they will open within the next month!

#13 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 03:12 PM

I need my driveway graveled and someone to haul it. My problem is I don't know how much I need. Where are you guys located? And could someone help to let me know how much I need or provide me with a telephone # so I could call them. Thanks.

#14 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,370 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 03:24 PM

after 10.00 dollars worth of quarters, its better then it was, i still have to pull my tires off and clean out the inside of my rims, but all is good

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See, you need fill 'cause Frank stole all your dirt! hahahaha!

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (Falyn),   Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

#15 docsavalle

docsavalle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 04:17 PM

heather there is still plenty to bury u in

#16 Prince_Pride

Prince_Pride

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 04:28 PM

I can talk to my mom sometime this week. She may remember pricing. But the pit won't be open until frost laws aren't in effect anymore.

Located in Attica, MI. Not sure where you are located...but I can check with my uncle how much it would be to haul to your location as well.

I need my driveway graveled and someone to haul it.  My problem is I don't know how much I need.  Where are you guys located?  And could someone help to let me know how much I need or provide me with a telephone # so I could call them.  Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#17 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 11:56 AM

Sorry, forgot that one little detail. I live in the Village of Lake Orion; not sure where Attica is. Thanks.

#18 dobes4ever

dobes4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 14 March 2006 - 12:10 PM

Sorry, forgot that one little detail.  I live in the Village of Lake Orion; not sure where Attica is.  Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Attica is about 20-25 miles northeast of Lake Orion. Not to far of a ride. It's nice up here on this side of town!!
Mike & Peg
Gretta
& Kloee the cat!
!

RV Innovations, LLC
RV Decks & Supplies
On-Line Store Coming Soon

#19 Prince_Pride

Prince_Pride

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:43 AM

Sorry, forgot that one little detail.  I live in the Village of Lake Orion; not sure where Attica is.  Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Attica is about 20-25 miles northeast of Lake Orion. Not to far of a ride. It's nice up here on this side of town!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its in between Imlay City(M-53) and Lapeer(M-24) if that helps any. Along I-69. Yup, dobes4ever and my neck of the woods (anyone else that lives around here?). I grew up there, moved to Lapeer than Pontiac(yuck) then to Lake Orion and now I'm back up in IC. Still working in Auburn Hills though...I need a job closer to home. Or to move back to Oakland County.

But dobes4ever is soooo right - its nice on this side of town!! I don't think I want to give up the dirt road and 2 acres for a condo or other cramped place to live. Prince would hate me forever if that happened!

Edited by Prince_Pride, 15 March 2006 - 09:46 AM.

#20 dobes4ever

dobes4ever

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:08 PM

Its in between Imlay City(M-53) and Lapeer(M-24) if that helps any. Along I-69. Yup, dobes4ever and my neck of the woods (anyone else that lives around here?). I grew up there, moved to Lapeer than Pontiac(yuck) then to Lake Orion and now I'm back up in IC. Still working in Auburn Hills though...I need a job closer to home. Or to move back to Oakland County.

But dobes4ever is soooo right - its nice on this side of town!! I don't think I want to give up the dirt road and 2 acres for a condo or other cramped place to live. Prince would hate me forever if that happened!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your right...I wouldn't give up my 10 acres and dirt roads for the city!! We need to get a playdate out this way, I know Linda is in Metamora.

I also work in Auburn Hills.
Mike & Peg
Gretta
& Kloee the cat!
!

RV Innovations, LLC
RV Decks & Supplies
On-Line Store Coming Soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users