147 replies to this topic

#21 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:20 PM

I tend to be the checklist gal so I can put some together if we have some idea of the order of kennel cleaning, house cleaning, etc...  We can initial as things are completed so we know how we stand...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really love this idea! Yes, it's difficult when you aren't familiar with the chores, order etc. We really do need a checklist and teams.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#22 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:20 PM

(used to clean houses for a side job...AND cleaned apartments for my step-dad for when new tenants moved in, so the experience is THERE!! :) )

#23 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:28 PM

To everyone...I'm loosing Raynie Days and Toot very rapidly. They are messing everywhere without knowing it. Raynie is about 15 and Toot is about 14. They have become so senile. I love these girls to death but it isn't looking very good at this time.

This is hard for me to even respond to. You have my sympathy Arda. It's hard to know the time yet it is necessary to know the time for the good of the dog. It ain't easy, that's for sure. :)

I put that picture of Clare and Titan in your book. It will be shown at the meet and Greet and Pet Supplies Plus this weekend and then will go safely home to you.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#24 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:32 PM

Larry, Larry, and Kevin - she didn't mean you guys!!!!  :LOL:  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:) Sorry - I should have said SOME men. Having just survived a divorce and still having to fight with the ex, I tend to be a bit caustic. My apologies, guys. :)

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#25 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:44 PM

:P Sorry - I should have said  SOME men.  Having just survived a divorce and still having to fight with the ex, I tend to be a bit caustic. My apologies, guys. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You and Joni are making me laugh over here! :LOL: Thanks for that.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#26 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 05:34 PM

Well now let's see....I can bring some NON heart-healthy desserts like my Hersheys Best Brownies or how about some Crusciki or maybe even my homemade Hungarian pastry. Decisions, decisions. Posted Image

I like the team/checklist idea for the delegation of tasks. Looks like Joni is the administrator for this event!
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#27 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 05:49 PM

To everyone...I'm loosing Raynie Days and Toot very rapidly.  They are messing everywhere without knowing it.  Raynie is about 15 and Toot is about 14.  They have become so senile.  I love these girls to death but it isn't looking very good at this time. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh dear....I am really sorry Arda. I know how much these girls mean to you. May God send you peace during this difficult time.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#28 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 05:52 PM

Good Lord, I'm starting to someone else that was on this list.  Drama, Drama, Drama.  Liz Taylor has nothing over on me (except money).  Hey all is well in the swamp.  The wheel just fell off the mower deck again so I know all is normal.  Aren't we glad we are this old.  We can justify a nap when everything breaks.  HUM....the chain saw still works.....I wonder.........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Posted Image

-Arda Barber

#29 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:23 AM

Joni...
Just wondering if you wanna swap some ideas for the 4th? I had already started some checklists before you had mentioned them, so maybe we can work as a team! :)
~JennyMay~

#30 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:31 AM

so maybe we can work as a team!  :)
~JennyMay~

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Works for me!!! Bring what you have to the M&G and we can put our heads together for a few minutes then... Which one(s) have you started?

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#31 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:36 AM

I've got basic lists started for inside the house...then, after seeing what Arda does in the morning in the kennel, I have a BASIC understanding.
I TOTALLY forgot you're going to be there on Saturday, so I"ll bring my thinking cap, and with your experience, I'm sure we'll be able to get most of it organized in no time while at the M&G!!
AND...I get to MEET you!!! WOOHOO!!! :)

#32 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:46 AM

Hey Jen I am off that weekend so count me in for Saturday. How early is everyone planning on coming? I'll bring some munchies too. Look forward to seeing you all there. Mary

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#33 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 10:25 AM

I'll be leaving to head over there EARLY that day, like leaving the house at around 7:00 or so, (cause I'm REALLY bad for getting out of the house on time) So whatever time you want to volunteer to get there at, Mary, it'd be great! I'm looking forward to seeing everyone!! I feel as if I haven't been out there, OR really on HERE that much lately...life has been happening, what can I say...
Ok...I'll have to write more later, have to get back to work.
~JennyMay~

#34 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:49 AM

How are the lists? What do you all have so far?

I will be there also and am just wondering how the teams are shaping up? What I need to bring.

something else we might consider is a fixing team?

Is anyone bringing their doggies?

Cathy
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#35 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:23 AM

Cathy,
I'll need some input from someone like you, that knows the routine out in the kennels down flat.
I think having a "fixing" team would be great.
We can either have teams, or do "Area Lists" where what needs to be done in a certain area at Arda's is put on a list, like, "HOUSE LIST: floors; bathroom; kitchen, etc."
I had started basic lists, but reading and thinking about it, they were to vague.
I propose that the areas should be something like this..
1. Kennel (inside)
2. Kennel (outside)
3. House
4. Yard (which could even be broken into areas, considering there's so much of it, and up near the house usually gets missed for poop scooping)
5. Fix-It Items
6. Doggie Spa Area...aka..BATHTIME, PUPS!!
I was just thinking that in general, these would cover most ground at Arda's. Also, how many people go on the 4th would GREATLY determine how much and how fast we can get stuff done. That way, we can get a few things with different groups at a time, and just start flying. We can also start breaking down those areas into the actual "lists". BUT...if anyone thinks I've forgotten an area, please advise! I didn't put down the Barn(big shed?) because I don't know if Arda wants that cleaned up. Kev, you were saying something about that yesterday, and I forgot already.
Ok, folks, I have to go and get breakfast ready for my darlin' girl. I'll be back and write more in a bit.
:)
~JennyMay~

#36 Indian Neighbor

Indian Neighbor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:11 AM

Works for me!!! Bring what you have to the M&G and we can put our heads together for a few minutes then... Which one(s) have you started?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just a suggestion, but can there be one or two people signed up for toe nails?? I know this could go along with bathing, but it would be good to make it a priority.... I have to work on Saturday's but would be glad to come down on Sunday to do help out with what ever...

#37 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 02:39 PM

[QUOTE]To everyone...I'm loosing Raynie Days and Toot very rapidly.  They are messing everywhere without knowing it.  Raynie is about 15 and Toot is about 14.  They have become so senile.  I love these girls to death but it isn't looking very good at this time.[QUOTE]

I'm so sorry about Raynie days and Toot. It's a tough, tough call. My heart goes out to you. I know that their well-being and quality of life is foremost in your mind. You are the "Great Protector" of all Dobermans.

My prayers are with you.

As for Mr. Kuney, tell him he can rent tanks from any propane distributor - for a very minimal fee - and you need your heat. PERIOD :)

See you on the 4th.

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#38 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 04:47 PM

Hey Indian neighbor !!! :LOL: How about us bathing and doing nails Sunday , we could do it out on the deck. We might want to make that white one ( Arda) our first subject. :) :P
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#39 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:16 PM

Hey  Indian neighbor !!! :) How about us bathing and doing nails Sunday , we could do it out on the deck. We might want to make that white one ( Arda) our first subject. :P  :LOL:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now THIS is funny!!!

HAHAHAHA!

Jane :)

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#40 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:54 PM

Not if you are the white one.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users