10 replies to this topic

#1 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 06:47 PM

I know it's a little early but, for those of you who like to mark your calendar way in advance, the Detroit Kennel Club Dog Show will be held on March 18 & 19.

http://www.detroitke..._whatyousee.htm

http://www.detroitke...ator_events.htm
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#2 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 07:15 AM

Yippee!!!! I'm THERE!

Jennymay - this year you're coming - this show is CRAZY!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#3 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 07:35 AM

Hey Stef,
You got that right DKC- Cobo hall shows are alittle wild! :D
Ive been there every year since 1982 as an exhibitor, before
that just went as spectator several years since I was a kid..
They are still planning on having the agility trials, but in a different
room I hear. But Im sure they will have all the Demo stuff-Herding,
flyball,performance, search & rescue, police dog ect... Plus all the
Venders that have soooo much doggy stuff to sell :P
It's also a good place to educate the public about the Breeds, as
they ask different breed club's to come & talk about their breed.
SO HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!!!!! :stuart:
Daisy

#4 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:00 AM

Hey Stef,
You got that right DKC- Cobo hall shows are alittle wild! :D
Ive been there every year since 1982 as an exhibitor, before
that just went as spectator several years since I was a kid..
They are still planning on having the agility trials, but in a different
room I hear. But Im sure they will have all the Demo stuff-Herding,
flyball,performance, search & rescue, police dog ect... Plus all the
Venders that have soooo much doggy stuff to sell  :P
SO HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!!!!! :stuart:
Daisy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This was fun last year! So much to see! The Border Collies herding ducks is great!

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#5 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 11:29 AM

Plus all the
Venders that have soooo much doggy stuff to sell  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I left my credit cards at home on purpose last year ... I would have spent a fortune.... :stuart:

I liked the Flyball and Search & Rescue demos! (Oooh...and the big pretzels!)
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#6 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 12:27 PM

I left my credit cards at home on purpose last year ... I would have spent a fortune....  :stuart:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I found a leather leash and matching collar in a clearance box for 10 bucks. :P
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#7 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:15 PM

It was a lot of fun. last year I totally enjoyed myself. Are we going to have a booth? I'm ready to go again.
Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#8 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 08:20 PM

Booth space at the show is very expensive- like $500 for
a 10 ft space... :stuart: I talked to the Boxer & greyhound
people & they said it is not really worth it...
Better off just putting out brochures & talking to people at
the Dobe benching... Unless some one wants to enter a dog
in obed that has their ILP number so they can be on bench with
us.. But entry fee is $30 a day... if its the same as last yr.
Daisy

#9 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 12:18 PM

Yippee!!!!  I'm THERE!

Jennymay - this year you're coming - this show is CRAZY!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, this is one show I'm NOT missing this time around!!!! It was bad enough I missed LAST year!! (I think Aisy was sick last year during it.)
ANYHOO....I'm there, with my fellow Canuckie-Buddy, STEF!!! :stuart:

SO looking forward to this!!! :P

#10 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 12:00 PM

Booth space at the show is very expensive- like $500 for
a 10 ft space...  :P  I talked to the Boxer & greyhound
people & they said it is not really worth it...
Better off just putting out brochures & talking to people at
the Dobe benching... Unless some one wants to enter a dog
in obed that has their ILP number so they can be on bench with
us.. But entry fee is $30 a day... if its the same as last yr.
Daisy

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I want to be ready to try the novice (or do they have a pre-novice) by then. My dogs are already ILP'ed and the next segment of my obedience class is supposed to be getting us ready for the novice, I think. I'd like to plan on going. All the Dobermans bench together, right? You can pretend like you don't know me! :stuart:

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#11 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:33 AM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is from the DKC web site about the decorating contest:

There will be a Bench Decoration Contest at the Saturday, March 19 show only. Two categories will be judged: General Themes and Breed Specific Relating to Origin and Breed Purpose. The Detroit Kennel Club will offer a Rosette and $100 in cash in each category, and $50 cash for the runner-up. Open to all exhibitors.

I know where you can get some great stuff about Dobe history! :stuart:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users