147 replies to this topic

#81 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:26 AM

Funny, I don't remember learning about this in school.

That's the first symptom.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#82 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 09:24 AM

Jane

Priceless :)

Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#83 Sparkles

Sparkles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 11:01 AM

I would like to bring Greta but feel bad if I can't pay that much attention to her since I'll be cleaning. Cheryl what do you do with Ms. Cocoa while you are working out there?

Sarah

#84 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:13 PM

I would like to bring Greta but feel bad if I can't pay that much attention to her since I'll be cleaning.  Cheryl what do you do with Ms. Cocoa while you are working out there?

Sarah

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I put her on a tie out. But this time I will make sure the tie out is far away from my car. She jumped on it and scratched it all up the little :P . I'll bring her Kong and a rawhide bone so that she has something to do. But, if you bring toys, beware, there are ghosts and you might not come home with them! :)
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#85 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:48 PM

I have sieve brain syndrome.

Jane,

That's the precursor to the full-blown disease, CRS - Can't Remember SH _ T. It occurs most often in the early morning or in the late evening. Symptoms are brought on by a lack of caffeine. :)

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#86 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 06:49 PM

Linda, I have a bottle of stuff for you. Dr Karen wants you to try this. It's intranasal. If it works it will save some cost and she says it's the only way to go. If it doesn't we can get the other. See you real soon.

Arda -

Thank you. Let me know how much I owe you, so I can either send you a check or bring you $$$ on 6/4. Is it the DES or the vasopressin - or something entirely different? I'm game for anything at this point :)

I truly appreciate your help in this regard (Dr. Karen, too).

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#87 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:11 PM

As long as the weather is nice, I'm bringing Cocoa.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm planning on bringing Skitter & Bella. They will lay quietly in the car for the most part... I'll open the windows and take a play break or two... If I still have Harley, he'll come to but will probably have to put him in a run or on a tieout...

I will let them loose for the "free-for-all" after the kennel dogs are fed and put up and the house dogs are let out...

I look at it this way... I'm leaving early, not sure when I'll be home and if they're with me I don't have to worry about hurrying off to go home to let them out... They'll get breakfast before we go and dinner when we finally drag our tired out a$$es home... :)

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#88 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:03 AM

I will let them loose for the "free-for-all" after the kennel dogs are fed and put up and the house dogs are let out...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is the part that Cocoa loves. :)
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#89 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:04 AM

That's the first symptom.

Jane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good one Jane! :)

-Arda Barber

#90 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:05 AM

That's the precursor to the full-blown disease, CRS  -  Can't Remember SH _ T.  It occurs most often in the early morning or in the late evening. Symptoms are brought on by a lack of caffeine.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Another good one! :)

Edited by CAB, 27 May 2005 - 07:07 AM.

-Arda Barber

#91 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 08:02 AM

Hey!!!
So THAT'S the disease I suffer from....CRS...HAHAH :)!!!!!!!
I think it'll be awesome that the dogs are going out with ya, Joni! Since I'll be INSIDE, it'll be best if I leave Broder at home with John and Aisy. That way, I know he won't be pacing or stressed cause he can't see me.
CRS....I'm going to have to tell John about that one!!! HA

#92 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 03:05 PM

CRS....I'm going to have to tell John about that one!!!  HA

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You mean to tell me you Canucks don't know about CRS?

-Arda Barber

#93 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 09:49 PM

How about AAADD??? I have this one!!!

or The BUTFIRST syndrome... Very similar to AAADD...

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#94 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:30 AM

You mean to tell me you Canucks don't know about CRS?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe we have a Canadian variant called JNRR. (Je ne me rappelle de rien.) I suffer from it... :)
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#95 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 09:54 AM

STEF!!! LMAO
ah HA!!! See??? There IS a french counterpart out there!! Although, I'm a poor excuse of someone who speaks french...that's John's job.. :P
HAHAHA
Hope everyone is well this week!!! I haven't felt too hot....I think whatever everyone's dog had, they gave ME the flu!!! :)
But feeling better, feeling better.... :P

#96 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:26 AM

OK, Folk, we're down to the wire.
I need to know DEFINITELY who is coming this weekend, so we have an idea of the man power that's going to be available.
ALSO...
Joni, do you have your list for outside/bathing dogs ready? If not, let me know.

Also, new topic: FOOD
IF anyone is planning on staying the entire day, and having lunch out at Arda's, we can always do a quick pot luck lunch, if no one has objections to it. I have volunteered to bring salads, (potato/macaroni) enough for the crew, don't worry about that....
Joni, I thought you had volunteered something when this first started?? Lasagna?
Cheryl, did you happen to mention desserts?? :P :P
And then we'd need some beverages/paper plates/utensils/napkins/etc.
This way, Miss Arda won't have to worry about prepping her "meatloaf" when we all leave, she'll be feed, full and ready for her afternoon nap!!! ;)
Ok, please respond! It's already TUESDAY!!! :)

#97 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:48 AM

Jen - count me in for Saturday. And yes, I did mention dessert. I just don't know what it will be yet. But what I do know is that it won't be heart-healthy! :)

Edited by CAB, 31 May 2005 - 07:50 AM.

-Arda Barber

#98 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 08:24 AM

JENNY: potato and macaroni salad

CHERYL: dessert

JONI : lasagna (??)

PLATES/NAPKINS/UTENSILS: ??????

BEVERAGES: ?????????

Anyone volunteer to bring anything else on Saturday? Just put your name up and list when you'll be donating to our cause on Saturday!!! :)

#99 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 09:24 PM

Plates, Napkins, utensils, cups.

Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#100 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 09:30 PM

veggie tray, bottled water, twelve pack coke, twelve pack Canada Dry Ginger Ale, twelve pack Pepsi, twelve pack Root Beer. Any special requests on beverages?

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users