What a great picture!

#23 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

:flower: Well, I sure did get my smile and laugh for the day.  It was a just too much cuteness to hold it in!  Thanks for posting the pics!

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#24 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

Awesome glad she is fitting in!!

#25 tink48375

tink48375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

Sally, is finally home, she just barked today for the first time. voodoo is teaching her all his bad habits, lol.

#26 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 07:33 AM

Well, Happy Anniversary.  Two in a year and you ruined them both.  LOL.  She must be comfortable.  Isn't she the happiest dog you've ever seen.  She was about 6 or 7 months old when I picked her up.  Nothing has ever dimmed her light for life.  Just happy, happy, happy.  Hope she's keeping Voodoo active.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#27 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 04:32 PM

Yeah, when Peanut first barked I thought it was so cute and now I can't shut her up ... lol ... I forgot all about young dogs after having so many oldie but goodie ones.

I just loved Sally when I met her.  What a loving dog!!!!  Thanks for the update, it made me laugh out loud.  :w00t: 

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#28 tink48375

tink48375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

she is the happiest dog ever, she even loves our 2 cats, they still think she crazy. she tries to kiss and love the cats, she doesnt care they still arent sure of her. arda we did spoil 2 of you kids but they are so spoiled and loved. Thank you for trusting us and she is so precious i am glad she is ours to love. Voodoo is loving her more everyday.

#29 tink48375

tink48375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

she is the happiest dog ever, she even loves our 2 cats, they still think she crazy. she tries to kiss and love the cats, she doesnt care they still arent sure of her. arda we did spoil 2 of you kids but they are so spoiled and loved. Thank you for trusting us and she is so precious i am glad she is ours to love. Voodoo is loving her more everyday.

#30 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

Thanks so much.  These furkids all mean a lot to me.  I worry so much when we don't hear about them again.  It makes it feel like I can bring the next batch in and get them ready for their forever home.  It's very hard to let them go.  It's my job to worry.  Thanks for giving Happy Butt a forever home.

#31 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

LOL that is funny about the cats.......apparently their idea of grooming is way different than a Dobe huh?  At least ours thinks so.

#32 tink48375

tink48375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:08 PM

arda i need your help. all of a sudden voodoo iss going after sally like he has lost his mind. what can i do to make him stop? he is acting like a spoiled rotten brat. anything she has he wants and i do not know what to do. all is still good he just needs to be nice. thank you for any help

#33 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:25 AM

It's normal.  Use a rolled up newspaper to give him a swat when he acts out and remove him from the area for 10 minutes.  He's jealous.  Got the same thing going on in the front room.  Nickie hates Levi.  Chaos hates Mickie.  But they really want to play with them but on their terms.  Of course Mickie got in my lap and Chaos got all jacked out of shape.  Then Levi is really big 9 month old and he is rougher than Nickie.  It starts out as fun and quickly escalates to Nickie mad as heck.  VooDoo will get the point that he can't be mean to Sally.  VooDoo can not stand to be away from you so he will tone down.  Give it a little time.

#34 tink48375

tink48375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

Thanks Arda, I put voodoo in the cage (which he has never been in here) for about 5 minutes last night. Today has been much better. Voodoo is spoiled. But I know he will learn to share our love. Thanks again for your help.

#35 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

Yes make sure there is no mistake who is in charge.  This article really breaks down how to teach your pack members their place in the pack, under you.

Alpha Boot Camp

#36 tink48375

tink48375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

Thanks for all your help, things are going much better now.

#37 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

Squeeze that little darling for me.  She's so darn cute.

#38 tink48375

tink48375

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:51 PM

Sally and voodoo are doing great, we took them both to the vet and voodoo did not want the vet to touch her and sally licked voodoo blood draw area. Ever since then they are loving each other so much. No heart worms so all is good. So glad they are part of our family.

#39 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:21 PM

Ha glad to hear they are bonding....nothing like a "common enemy" to bring them together lol!

#40 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:46 AM

He will learn that you have enough love to share!!! Be sure to give him a little special attention too so Sally learns the same thing.. :)

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users