105 replies to this topic

#41 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:57 AM

Could I have a medium please and I'll pay when I'm down on the 24th?

Thanks so much!! :)
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#42 aanderson

aanderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:58 AM

Here is Arda's mailing address - Not sure if that is where she wants the money sent though.

Second Chance Dobes
PO Box 581
Clinton MI 49236

Edited by aanderson, 15 June 2006 - 08:02 AM.

#43 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 08:23 AM

May I have a medium, please, & will send a check as soon as the for-sure address is posted!

#44 Zues

Zues

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 07:01 AM

I'll also take an XL, and the check will be mailed as soon as I know where to send the check, and who to make it out to. What a great item!!
Scott

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Scott. It's nice to get POSITIVE feedback. I hope you wear it proudly.
_Paul

#45 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 07:26 AM

Paul; What do we owe you for the production of these great gift? I have been out of the loop here for a few days because of the well and miscellaneous things that have gone totally wrong here. How do you want us to handle paying you back? Andthe biggy "THANK YOU FOR THIS GENEROUS DONATION". I am at a lose for words, which is very rare for me. Thanks so much, Arda
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#46 Zues

Zues

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 08:00 AM

Paul;  What do we owe you for the production of these great gift?  I have been out of the loop here for a few days because of the well and miscellaneous things that have gone totally wrong here.  How do you want us to handle paying you back?  Andthe biggy "THANK YOU FOR THIS GENEROUS DONATION".  I am at a lose for words, which is very rare for me.  Thanks so much, Arda

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Arda,
Sorry to hear that you have some things going wrong. I hope that it all works out OK. As for the gift, it's just that, a gift for you and your fantastic cause. And of course you owe me absolutely nothing. Its a donation that my wife and I gladly make to SCD. We are trying to be supporters of your cause and are very grateful to have Zeus(Destin) in our lives. I hope everyone likes the shirts and that it raises a few bucks for the rescuing of these fabulous animals. Arda, you are a wonderful person and we are glad to help you in our own little way. Keep up the great hard work that you do and make more dogs happy forever.

Thank you for the kind words of appreciation.

Sincerely,
The Waldo's

#47 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 08:42 AM

Thanks Scott. It's nice to get POSITIVE feedback. I hope you wear it proudly.
_Paul

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've seen nothing BUT positive feedback here, and it's great! :) I think we should have t-shirts available on a regular basis. What kind of rates could you give us, Paul, if we purchased the shirts and printing through you? You can send me a PM if you like. :)
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#48 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:13 AM

After everyone who signed up first gets a chance to get their size, if you have two larges left over Larry and I would like them. That's a beautiful logo. Really nice work.

Just the mention of the word "Destin" makes me happy. Heather was bringing him out to SCD on Wednesdays and was he ever a wonderful dog. They worked so hard to get some meat on him and he didn't let what he went through change his loving personality one bit. What a great dog.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#49 scott

scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:20 AM

I was just wondering if Paypal would be an option?
I can mail a cheque, I just don't know how long it may take for you to get it and I really do want 1. I'm pretty sure Stef. is heading your way june 24th so I could probably send it with her. Let me know what would be best.

Scott
"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's." - Mark Twain, Letter to W D Howells, 4/2/1899

#50 Zues

Zues

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:26 AM

After everyone who signed up first gets a chance to get their size, if you have two larges left over Larry and I would like them.  That's a beautiful logo.  Really nice work.

Just the mention of the word "Destin" makes me happy.  Heather was bringing him out to SCD on Wednesdays and was he ever a wonderful dog.  They worked so hard to get some meat on him and he didn't let what he went through change his loving personality one bit.  What a great dog.

Jane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Jane,
It looks like there are going to be some larges available for you without any problem. I really hope you get them..Thank you for the compliment as well.

Heather did a great job with Zeus and putting the weight back on this big guy. He is a very sweet dog and we absolutely love him.

---Paul

#51 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 09:26 AM

I was just wondering if Paypal would be an option?
I can mail a cheque, I just don't know how long it may take for you to get it and I really do want 1.  I'm pretty sure Stef. is heading your way june 24th so I could probably send it with her. Let me know what would be best.
Scott

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

SCD does have a Pay Pal account and could accept payment that way.

Is someone keeping track of who has ordered what so that someone doesn't send payment and then is left without a shirt?
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#52 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:49 AM

I would happily Paypal as well!! That's SO much easier than exchanges, etc.

I've seen nothing BUT positive feedback here, and it's great!  I think we should have t-shirts available on a regular basis. What kind of rates could you give us, Paul, if we purchased the shirts and printing through you? You can send me a PM if you like.

What a great idea!! I bet a lot of people would be interested in these. They're beautiful and it will become my new "dog show shirt". *grinning* That way I don't have to answer the question "Where'd you get your dog?". :)
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#53 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 05:44 PM

Dee came dragging up the drive this morning for morning coffee with two boxes. One a Kuranda bed and A BOX OF SHIRTS. All of you know I have a problem opening boxes but Dee doesn't. THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL. Cathy will be here this week end and we are going through the emails and we will get this sorted out. My Gawd, we are going back up hill from the messes of last week. Is it any reason that I have strokes. And I ran to Pontiac for the much needed dog food today. The van is FULL. Heading out there to start the unload as we have two more kids coming in Sunday and I will need the van. The State of the Swamp is looking better. Much better than last week. Paul they are really nice. Really NICE. I can not thank you enough.

#54 Kennysmom

Kennysmom

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 05:11 PM

I would like an XL if there are any left.

Lisa
For the love of K.A.T.
Kenny, Akina (R.I.P.) & Tanner

#55 Zues

Zues

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 07:52 PM

Dee came dragging up the drive this morning for morning coffee with two boxes.  One a Kuranda bed and A BOX OF SHIRTS.  All of you know I have a problem opening boxes but Dee doesn't.  THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL.  Cathy will be here this week end and we are going through the emails and we will get this sorted out.  My Gawd, we are going back up hill from the messes of last week.  Is it any reason that I have strokes.  And I ran to Pontiac for the much needed dog food today.  The van is FULL.  Heading out there to start the unload as we have two more kids coming in Sunday and I will need the van.  The State of the Swamp is looking better.  Much better than last week.  Paul they are really nice.  Really NICE.  I can not thank you enough.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your welcome Arda. I'm glad that you like them and I hope it raises some extra money for your cause.

I hope everyone that wants one gets the size that they need. I used my best judgement to pick the size break down.

Let me know how it all turns out in the end. Sorry to cause you and your staff a little "leg work" with sorting it out.

---Paul

#56 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 08:32 PM

Pay however you may! It's all for the furkids. Paypay or SCD; POBox 581; Clinton, Mich. 49236. Will send them out as soon as I have your check or confirmation from Mandy. Cathy and Todd were here and got there's. Will hold Scott and Stef for next week end. I just can't believe how low it was last week to where we are again today. darn we are rich. Rich with friends that think this rescue is worth it. Rich with dog food again. Rich with dogs starting to look healthy. Rich with a well that is pumping water. Rich with a washing machine. Rich in the efforts of everybody pulling this mess together. I think Kevin and Chris and some of Chris's friends are going to help get the rest of the carousel home next week. WOW! I'm so grateful for all of it and I know a pile of dogs that are too even if they don't know it. We will get pictures of these new kids up in another week but, we really couldn't put these up til they looked a lot better. They are coming along very well. I have never seen such messes in my life. Several looked like Destin. Our prayers are working. Thank you everyone. Swamp Mama

#57 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 11:20 AM

The t-shirts are great! Great job Paul! :)

I'm not sure what size I need. Depends how they run. If I had to guess, I'd say a medium.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#58 Zues

Zues

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 12:01 PM

The t-shirts are great!  Great job Paul!  :)

I'm not sure what size I need.  Depends how they run.  If I had to guess, I'd say a medium.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks. If it helps you at all, the shirt in the photos that my wife is wearing is a medium. She's about 5'7" and 125 lbs. Don't tell her that I put her weight on here or I will be sleeping with Zeus on the floor.

I hope that all the new dogs that Arda has just gotten will benefit from everyone's generousity. I'd hate to see any dog look like Zeus (Destin) did when they first got him. Dogs need love,food, and health care. Some peolpe just don't get that. However, I know your donation along with everyone elses with nurse these new guys back to health. Zeus (Destin) is proud to help out his buddies through the work of his owners.

Thanks to all for their participation.

Sincerely,
The Waldo's

#59 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 03:04 PM

Don't tell her that I put her weight on here or I will be sleeping with Zeus on the floor.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:) I'm 5'4" and weight about 140. It they are true to size, I think medium would be fine.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#60 Vicki_Wood

Vicki_Wood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 08:33 AM

I want one; let me know if you have any x-large please. Thxs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users