22 replies to this topic

#21 LStevens

LStevens

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 02:30 PM

About the two dogs, Arda's post is right on - as always. No surprise there. She has more experience than all of us put together ;)

My first dobie girl and I were as one, also. She was the greatest dog I think I've ever had. It was as if I only had to "think" it, and she was doing it. Of course, back then my son was small and I was home, so I had a lot more time to devote to Greta.

The two I have now, they are wonderful beyond belief. But Arda is right: They bond with each other, rather than you. Don't get me wrong. They think the sun rises and sets with me, and they love me, but they also have each other. They listen very well, and for two "strays" they are extremely well-behaved. But, you don't have the opportunity to bond as much with two, as you would having only one dog.

Also, these two came home with me together, on the same day, so there was no heirarchy to speak of. We created one as we went along - with ME AT THE TOP!! It's not any harder to take care of two, as opposed to one, but there are "issues" that have to be dealt with along the way that otherwise would not exist.

I'll look forward to your future updates!

Linda

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated ... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of man.
-------------------------
Never To Be Forgotten

SCD's Sugar Bear 06/18/2017
Shadow a/k/a Little Snoopy
SCD's Betty Boo
SCD's Grindle
Bart (1993-1998)
Gunnar (1986-1992)
Sigmund (1975-1985)
Greta Von Reiman (1972-1984)

#22 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 03:06 PM

Ok, just to fix something...
I didn't mean, "SHARE" my love for Brody, I meant, expanding to include another dog at this moment. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course share is the right word! You don't love the first one less when the second one comes home! ;) "Love halved is doubled"

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#23 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 10:49 PM

Yeah, you're right, I would love the dogs equally, spread the love, and enjoy every minute of it....God knows I'd have a pack of them running around if I could do it..just not right now. Brody and I still have some work to do.. He DOES have character, that's for sure!! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users