40 replies to this topic

#1 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:12 AM

REMINDER: If you use Purina products, please continue to clip weight circles from bags of participating Purina brand dog foods. This program is very beneficial to SCD and can help greatly with vet bills. It also helps to fund for cardio research.

Look for a weight circle like this on participating Purina® products.

Attached File  weightcircle_white_bg.jpg   50.58KB   0 downloads

Please send any weight circles you have to SCD at:

Second Chance Dobes
Attn: Arda Barber
PO Box 581
Clinton MI 49236
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#2 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:13 AM

Thanks for posting who to send them to. I'll be droping the ones I have in the mail today.

Kelly
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#3 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:43 AM

I'll be droping the ones I have in the mail today.

Thank you very much!!!
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#4 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:18 AM

I gave Arda an envelope with weight circles and UPC's that last time I was out to the kennel...

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#5 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 02:51 PM

I gave Arda an envelope with weight circles and UPC's that last time I was out to the kennel...

Thank you! Please keep 'em coming from TX!

-Arda Barber

#6 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:28 PM

Thank you! Please keep 'em coming from TX!

the weight cirlces will have a lot of miles on them... my sister is in MI so I'll probably get them in TX and mail them back... LOL

Joni
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

#7 debl

debl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:49 AM

Thanks for the reminder. Just switched Klaus to Pro Plan Sensitive & will save the weight circles.

#8 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:52 AM

Just switched Klaus to Pro Plan Sensitive & will save the weight circles.

Thank you!

-Arda Barber

#9 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 08:28 PM

Just switched Klaus to Pro Plan Sensitive & will save the weight circles.

Is that the Salmon one?

-Arda Barber

#10 debl

debl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 09:21 AM

Is that the Salmon one?

Yes it is. He was having a lot of loose stools so I had to search for another food (he was on Merrick's Cowboy Cookout). Melissa has Raz, Kona & Peri on the Pro Plan and it helped eliminate their loose stools.

#11 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 10 October 2008 - 02:09 PM

Yes it is. He was having a lot of loose stools so I had to search for another food (he was on Merrick's Cowboy Cookout).

My 2 were having problems with loose stools too, but this was because of the change in the Canidae formula. This is no longer an issue, but Cocoa has developed some skin issues so this is why I decided to switch over to the sensitive formula. They both really like it! If I stick with the Pro Plan, I'll be able to save the weight circles for Arda.

-Arda Barber

#12 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:11 AM

Does anyone have any weight circles saved? Please mail them to Arda if you do. Thank you!

-Arda Barber

#13 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:08 AM

I picked up a bunch from my sister when I was in MI so I'll send them on next week... I also found out my aunt and uncle feed Purina so have them saving weight circles and UPC's now too...

Joni

#14 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:16 AM

I picked up a bunch from my sister when I was in MI so I'll send them on next week... I also found out my aunt and uncle feed Purina so have them saving weight circles and UPC's now too...

Cool! Thank you!

-Arda Barber

#15 debl

debl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:42 AM

I think I only have 4 or 5 but I'll send them.

#16 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:04 AM

I think I only have 4 or 5 but I'll send them.

We'll take them! Thanks!

-Arda Barber

#17 Annie Moon

Annie Moon

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:35 PM

I have ten that I'll send out.
How do they help? (just curious)
In Memory of Mariah He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.  ~Unknown~

#18 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 03:38 PM

Purina allows us 8 points per pound for them. 50,000 points and they send our vet $500. It comes in darn handy at this time of the year. 50 lbs X 8 = 400 points. It's an old breeder program I have belonged to since the early 1970's.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#19 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:44 PM

Will weight circles from CAT food and litter work? We have a client that I was saving the rings from milk jugs for her cats I guess they love to bat them around the house so she gave me the weight circles she saves.

Kelly
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#20 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:53 PM

Just the dog food.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users