26 replies to this topic

#1 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:12 PM

You are bidding on: A Wrangler jacket, size Large, with a Doberman cross stitched on the back.

Attached File  Resize_of_P1010033.JPG   78.94KB   37 downloads Attached File  Resize_of_P1010035.JPG   112.12KB   36 downloads

Rules are as follows:
1. This is not a silent auction, so just post your bid here. If you're outbid feel free to bid again.

2. The auction will end at 8:00pm on 6-20-06. The winner will be the person with the highest bid at that time. (as recorded by the time of your post).

3. The jacket will be shipped to the winner as soon as we receive a check or money order payable to: Second Chance Dobes.

Good luck bidding!
You think dogs will not be in heaven?
I tell you, they will be there long before any of us.
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit,
you would stay out and your dog would go in.
-Mark Twain-

#2 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:42 PM

Is that a man's or woman's size. Large or extra Large. Quickly, I can't loose if it fits me. Swamp Mama needs a jacket. And, Lorie, if I send you my sweat shirt will you see if you can copy it? It's a sweat shirt cut to make a jacket with quilted Dobe panels on the front. I really want a red one and am willing to pay for it. A very close friend made it for me many years ago. May the biddings begin.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#3 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 06:46 PM

Arda,
It's a Man's large, we bought it at Walmart in the men's dept. (Go try one on!!)
-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

-Mark Twain-

#4 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 07:02 PM

Count on that. When I first got into the eggs and started these Fabrege type eggs....one of our instructors told us that if we were going to exhibit them in England to remember that ALL Swans belonged to the Queen and that they would confiscate all swan eggs in England. Well, in the USA....ALL Dobes belong to me. I LUST! By the way, I finished #2 egg today. Nothing like the ones I did 20 years ago but I will get this back. Or I will die trying. I am capable and I will do it.

#5 aanderson

aanderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:53 AM

I bid $50.00

#6 Kennysmom

Kennysmom

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 12:01 PM

$65.00
For the love of K.A.T.
Kenny, Akina (R.I.P.) & Tanner

#7 aanderson

aanderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:23 PM

$69.99

Edited by aanderson, 07 June 2006 - 01:23 PM.

#8 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:29 PM

This battle hasn't even started yet. I'm going to WalMart's.

#9 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:57 PM

Swamp Mama needs a jacket.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

???

What about the khaki shirt/jacket I gave you for Christmas??? :rolleyes:

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#10 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 03:14 PM

???

What about the khaki shirt/jacket I gave you for Christmas???  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

She is a PACK RAT, Joni. :rolleyes: She will keep the jacket from you and "need" 26 more. :D Sigh...and I will never get that house cleaned up... :wub:

Boy, I hope the Alpha knows I'm kidding so I don't get bitten next time I show up...

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#11 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:03 PM

I am not a pack rat. I have treasurers. I started showing you that my treasurers make beautiful eggs. I'm working. I'm not a pack rat. Just olde and a lot of treasures.

#12 Chris

Chris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:21 PM

:rolleyes:
I bid 75.00

Chris R

You are bidding on: A Wrangler jacket, size Large, with a Doberman cross stitched on the back.

Attached File  Resize_of_P1010033.JPG   78.94KB   37 downloads      Attached File  Resize_of_P1010035.JPG   112.12KB   36 downloads

Rules are as follows:
1. This is not a silent auction, so just post your bid here. If you're outbid feel free to bid again.

2. The auction will end at 8:00pm on 6-20-06. The winner will be the person with the highest bid at that time. (as recorded by the time of your post).

3. The jacket will be shipped to the winner as soon as we receive a check or money    order payable to: Second Chance Dobes.

Good luck bidding!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

#13 aanderson

aanderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:30 PM

$79.99

#14 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:47 PM

I make a proposal for an extension of time due to the fact that Arda had to load dog food and receive 3 dogs this week and could not get to WalMart yet. This week end. The bidding will start, this week end.

#15 chimommy

chimommy

Chimommy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 02:37 PM

I make a proposal for an extension of time due to the fact that Arda had to load dog food and receive 3 dogs this week and could not get to WalMart yet.  This week end.  The bidding will start, this week end.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Give it up girlfriend!!! I will save you the trip. I don't think any amount of lard will squeeze you into that jacket. Shawn can barely get into the large and he doesn't have boobs. :rolleyes: I'll have to find you and me some "Big Girl" jackets :wub:
Lorie

#16 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 03:15 PM

Lorie; Did Shawn try a large on? Did you? I have to go on a diet...but I'm going to be as cranky as BeEfy and FrOdo, and DUke and GhoSt. Did it fir you?

#17 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,057 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:58 PM

Arda,
It's a Man's large, we bought it at Walmart in the men's dept. (Go try one on!!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can you give us some measurements? say shoulder to shoulder?

Please :rolleyes:
<span style='color:green'>"<span style='font-family:Optima'>The dog has seldom been succesful in pulling man up to its level of sagacity, but man has frequently dragged the dog down to his" </span>James Thurber</span>

#18 bumpster

bumpster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:38 PM

Shoulder to shoulder 21"
Bottom edge side to side 22.5"

Edited by bumpster, 09 June 2006 - 05:41 PM.

-Robert Lewis Stevenson-

-Mark Twain-

#19 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 10:57 PM

I don't think any amount of lard will squeeze you into that jacket.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I might be able to fit into that jacket. :rolleyes:
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#20 Chris

Chris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:41 AM

:rolleyes:
I bid 75.00

Chris R

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>