5 replies to this topic

#1 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 09 August 2021 - 05:25 PM

We are very sorry to say that we are no longer taking any adoption applications.

Thank you,

SCD

#2 Dave H

Dave H

• Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 03:54 PM

Hi, I am a fairly long term member. We have adopted 2 dobies, Raven and Dollie, who we lost over the last few years including Dollie in the Spring of this year..I have been making a small donation to SCD every month for several years through Paypal but in recent years I have not received any confirmation of this nor have I seen much activity at the website. I know that requests to adopt are no longer being accepted and so i'm wondering whether my donations are helping and if so how?

#3 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 07 December 2021 - 07:28 PM

Dave; You are one of only a few who are donating to us.  Yes they are helping a whole bunch.  When we stopped taking the Dobes in here, we had several that had been adopted and were later returned due to a variety of reasons.  These dogs were much too old or sick to go out again and we are keeping them here in my home.  To date there is 13 with one 19 year old who is on her last leg.  It is presently costing me $400 a month for their food,  $130 for their licenses' and $300 for the girls Proin.  Then 3 loads of laundry a day, Misc vet meds, blankies, and I could only guess what extra it costs for my heat and lights.  When they pass they are cremated and returned here to run free with the hundreds before them.  Yes sir, your donation helps a lot and I can guarantee you that every penny you send me is used strickly for them.  We closed the kennel a few years ago to save the heat and light bill.  28 Dobes were brought into the house to live.  They have free run of the yard and are fed twice a day.  Heart worm year round.  Licensed and vetted regularly.  Any other questions I will gladly answer.  This is just the end of my big dream, to save the Dobermanns.  Thanks for asking.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#4 Dave H

Dave H

• Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 03:19 PM

Wow, thanks for the response. !3 Dobes in the house sounds like a handful.I'm your age(77) and I'm  sure I couldn't do it. I also looked at your facebook page and it confirmed some of this. So, sorry for my question. I will continue to donate and in fact I will add a little to my monthly donation. In memory of Raven and Dollie.Hope all goes well for you and your babies. Dave

#5 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 07:17 PM

The Heathens and I want to THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts, Dave.  But more thanks for giving Raven and Dollie the life they really deserved.  I'm getting tired but not that tired that I can't feed and care for the loves of my life.  I've been doing this so long that death is all that will stop me.  All of the over 6,000 Dobermanns that have gone through here over the years made my life worth living.  I loved them all.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#6 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 11 December 2021 - 05:21 PM

Yes thanks Dave much appreciated!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users