8 replies to this topic

#1 DeeDeeWedd

DeeDeeWedd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 03:56 PM

My sweet Brooke lost her battle with DCM on May 24th.....

She was a very unique dobe, as Arda can attest to. She had a very strange behavior of attacking herself. Aside from that behavior she was one of the sweetest dogs I've ever encountered. She loved to be in my lap, and you could hug n kiss on her all day long. She slept with me everyday, I miss her night time snuggles. She loved to travel, she even went to England for a few months. Her last trip was just a week before she passed, we went to Niagara falls. More than anything Brooke loved food, she loved getting Her meds cause she got them with can food. Her eyes would light up, her legs would tremble, and she would stop at nothing to get that food. She would trample over Tyson or anything in her way once she heard the meds bottle shake.

We managed her CHD with meds for several months, she was doing so well. But it came to a point where meds weren't helping her anymore and I had to make that very difficult decision to send her to the bridge to wait for me. I miss her each and every minute of each and every day. I had Brooke for just over 7 years, we celebrated her gotcha day back in March. I made her doggie cupcakes and she ate the treats off of everyone of the cupcakes while I was trying to take pictures. She was such a goofy girl, I will miss her so much. Life is so different without her. Not sure Tyson has figured out his friend is gone, I think he was looking for her today in the back yard. I know I wake and haven't got use to her not being there. She would leap off the bed the minute I stirred in the morning, as if to say "she's up she's up hooray she's up!!!!!"

My heart is broken but know I was Brooke's only chance. Her behavior was incredibly tough to deal with at times, in fact in those seven years I had her I didn't get a full nights sleep without her doing her growling and snarling at her butt. The car rides were the worst. She would scare the life outta me.

Run free my sweet Brooke, until we meet again at the rainbow bridge.

Attached Files

#2 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:16 PM

You took her father than anyone else could or would have.  Her only life was with you.  I really know how hard this must have been on you.  She is free of her demons now.  Run free Brooke.  Finally at peace.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#3 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:55 PM

I'm so sorry. You really did give her an amazing life. :Broken Heart: Thank you. Run free Brooke...

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#4 ohiodobe

ohiodobe

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:59 AM

I am so very sorry for your loss. Linda
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principle difference between a dog and a man." ---- Mark Twain

#5 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:30 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss of Brook. You gave her the best love she would ever have.

I remember Brook well from when she first came into scd, she would growl and run after her 

butt all the time poor thing just couldn't get what she thought was after her. Thank you for giving her

a great life full of love.  Run Free Brook!!

Beautiful pictures of your Brook. Give Tyson a hug from me.

#6 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:00 AM

So sorry for your loss, Brook had the best home with you.
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#7 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 08:15 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss of Brooke.  She sounds like a very special dog who was so lucky to have found a home with you.

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#8 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 08 June 2016 - 10:29 PM

I'm so sorry you lost Brooke--she was a beautiful girl. I remember you telling me about her when I fostered Louis for you rescue group. Take comfort knowing you gave her a life full of love.  :Rose:

#9 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:10 PM

Very sorry to hear this, hang in there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users