11 replies to this topic

#1 ohiodobe

ohiodobe

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:42 AM

So, An ad for the superbowl featuring a sweet pup going to great lengths to get back home and the happy owner cooing to it, I'm so happy you made it back because I just sold you on a web site I created thanks to "Godaddy.com. Puplic outrage pointed out that most dogs sold on line were from puppy mills. Threats of boycotts against godaddy and the Super bowl: results? Ad is pulled!!! Winning score for animal lovers!!  Linda

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principle difference between a dog and a man." ---- Mark Twain

#2 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:34 AM

Fantastic!  I saw that despicable ad yesterday.  It's posted all over all the dog boards I frequent.  Not only did it promote Internet sales of puppies, but it depicted some Golden Retriever puppies being transported in the back of an open pickup truck and one of them literally being bounced out of it and onto the road as the truck drove off.  (I'm not implying that the puppy actually was tossed from the truck, but they filmed it to appear that way.)  I'm glad to hear that the public outrage had a positive effect.

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#3 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:49 AM

I have not seen it.  But I am very a fended by how easy it is to get these animals from some of these lists out there.  People that really should not have them can get them for the dollar amount.  We do spend a lot of time looking over these apps and searching backgrounds and then we have been known to make a mistake.  I would not have them piled up like cord wood here if I didn't fear what might happen to them.  And I have a hard time going to some of these adoption events.  Ya just can't make a living off the backs of these furkids.  I think the public in a whole is waking up to the plight of these animals.  We aren't as stupid as one thinks we are.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#4 Lori

Lori

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:25 PM

Amen, Arda...!

#5 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:39 PM

I got to see the Budweiser ad today.  Absolutely love it.  They have it right down pat.  How to melt a heart and show that animals are something more than a stuffed toy.  I could watch the Budweiser ads all day.  And I don't even drink beer.

#6 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:13 PM

I love the Budweiser one too! For anyone who hasn't seen it here's a link:

https://www.youtube....h?v=xAsjRRMMg_Q

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#7 LibbyTea

LibbyTea

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:30 PM

Clydesdale- a truly wonderful horse. My daughter has had three.

#8 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:30 AM

Love em  The best commercials ever.

#9 Ken

Ken

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:17 PM

So, An ad for the superbowl featuring a sweet pup going to great lengths to get back home and the happy owner cooing to it, I'm so happy you made it back because I just sold you on a web site I created thanks to "Godaddy.com. Puplic outrage pointed out that most dogs sold on line were from puppy mills. Threats of boycotts against godaddy and the Super bowl: results? Ad is pulled!!! Winning score for animal lovers!!  Linda

Just viewed it.  In pretty bad taste.  I guess it's supposed to be mocking the Budweiser commercial ala "The Onion" humor style.  GoDaddy would show superior judgement if they fired their ad agency and hired Budweiser's.  Maybe they've done that already.

#10 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:23 PM

It sure upset the rescue world.  I went back and reviewed the Bud ads and they are just so perfect.  Love the one with the horses bowing to New York skyline.  Aw  they are all great.  Maybe I will start drinking beer.

#11 ohiodobe

ohiodobe

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 02:45 PM

I also love the Budweiser ads! Godaddy definitely was hoping to latch onto the pup connection with naming the pup Buddy! A lot of the news outlets are missing the main point against the ad isn't so much selling the pup as it is most dogs sold on line come from puppy mills who are selling purebred dogs with no regard for their future or their health. These poor dogs along with their parents(when they no longer produce)  get dumped in pounds. Lucky ones get saved by angels like Arda. The country doesn't need to see the sweet barn and pretty farm that pup comes from but rather the barns loaded with cage upon cage of shivering dogs who never get out of those cages unless they die. Now I've managed to get myself mad and depressed. THANK YOU ARDA for being who you are and for all you do. Linda & Willie

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principle difference between a dog and a man." ---- Mark Twain

#12 Csikes

Csikes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:01 PM

https://www.youtube....1CLr1BvvzE#t=12

Edited by Csikes, 02 February 2015 - 04:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users