147 replies to this topic

#1 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:52 AM

Ok, everyone, I have something to propose.
Once again, I believe we need to organize a HUGE volunteer effort to go out to Arda's. The M&G's have been going great, by the sounds of it, and are doing a WONDERFUL job promoting SCD.
Now we need to get out there, a HUGE group of us, and clean up outside AND in...if Miss Arda will let us.
We have to propose a day in the near future to do this, and soon, so Arda saves her sanity while she's out with the kids, and when she's IN with the kids!
Does anyone have a date to throw out there? I know in June we're having our OWN M&G at SCD for all of us volunteers and members...how about June 4, or the 11? Any takers?? It's the weekend BEFORE Father's day, and a couple before our Barbeque.

If I can get some responses, see what everybody thinks, that'd be great. Let's get the swamp cleaned up for summer, and while we're at it, get those puppies washed!!!
Just throwing an idea out there, folks, hope no one takes offense to it!!! :)

~JennyMay, AKA CRAZY CANUCK!~

#2 Sparkles

Sparkles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:04 AM

I think that is a great idea!!! Either of those weekends will work for me just let me know. Actually I think the 4th will work better for me cause we might be going to Cedar Point the 11th just not for sure yet. This will be a lot of FUN I can see it already!!!!!!

#3 KellyB

KellyB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:07 AM

I'm still in South Dakota on the 4th and will be driving to Michigan on the 11th. :)
Dakota and Myles's Mom

#4 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:10 AM

Oh, Kelly!!! You'll be able to help out WHATEVER day you make it here!! :)
No fear, my dear!!! I'm sure everyone at SCD appreciates ANY help that ANY one does!
~Jenny~

#5 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:11 AM

The weekend of the 10th, 11th, & 12th I will be working the Detroit Festival of the Arts at Wayne State. So I can't make that weekend at all.

Ella
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#6 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:21 AM

I'm busy the 11-12th... but the other weekend works...

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#7 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:24 AM

The fourth would work for Larry and I but not the weekend of the 11th.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#8 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:28 AM

I'd prefer the 4th, as well, to be honest with everyone...
Does everyone like the idea, though? Or think it's moot....
let me know!

#9 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:38 AM

I'd prefer the 4th, as well, to be honest with everyone...
Does everyone like the idea, though?  Or think it's moot....
let me know!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love the idea, but my brain is just fried right now. I've got to get through this coming weekend and there is a lot of planning that needs doing right now. But for sure your idea of cleaning up is really needed, I think. :)

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#10 Sparkles

Sparkles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:45 AM

I think it is a great idea too!! We could really get a lot done.

Sarah

#11 chimommy

chimommy

Chimommy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:22 PM

We won't be able to make it as I will probably have just had my c section. We do hope to make it out on the 23 to meet everyone though.
Lorie and family :)

#12 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:15 PM

Count me in for the 4th.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#13 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 07:22 AM

Lorie; No problem. I'll wipe off the grooming table and do the c-section. I have some super glue ready and handy. We can do this. To everyone...I'm loosing Raynie Days and Toot very rapidly. They are messing everywhere without knowing it. Raynie is about 15 and Toot is about 14. They have become so senile. I love these girls to death but it isn't looking very good at this time. Then I get the letter from the attorneys and Mr Kuney is offering me $100 for my two propane tanks that heat the house and shop. This man just won't go away. He is the biggest headache of my life and my biggest mistake. I can't remember a single fond memory of a 35 year marriage and a 5 year cortship. I just want this mess over so I can live the little bite of life I have left. My Aching Swamp
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#14 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:05 AM

Oh, Arda, I'm so sorry about Raynie Days and Toot...I know they're close to your heart, and I feel for you.

As for Mr. @sshole, OOPS, did I actually TYPE that??? I meant, Mr. Kuney....he can go oh, $hit, I can't type that on here, it would be rated A, and there be lil' chitlins in here reading the posts....
I'm tell him to take a flying leap, myself. If it's your HEAT he wants??? No way. Forget that.
Your aching swamp will be SPARKLING when we're all done with it on the 4th, though, swamp mama...be assured of that.
Sorry for all the b.s. you're going through yet again...just when you think one battle is over, another begins, eh?? It's a vicious cycle.

#15 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:15 AM

To everyone...I'm loosing Raynie Days and Toot very rapidly.  They are messing everywhere without knowing it.  Raynie is about 15 and Toot is about 14.  They have become so senile.  I love these girls to death but it isn't looking very good at this time.  Then I get the letter from the attorneys and Mr Kuney is offering me $100 for my two propane tanks that heat the house and shop.  This man just won't go away.  He is the biggest headache of my life and my biggest mistake.  I can't remember a single fond memory of a 35 year marriage and a 5 year cortship.  I just want this mess over so I can live the little bite of life I have left.  My Aching Swamp

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Arda, I am so sorry. Men are a bigger hassle than senile dogs, but you have both at once.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#16 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:37 AM

Good Lord, I'm starting to someone else that was on this list. Drama, Drama, Drama. Liz Taylor has nothing over on me (except money). Hey all is well in the swamp. The wheel just fell off the mower deck again so I know all is normal. Aren't we glad we are this old. We can justify a nap when everything breaks. HUM....the chain saw still works.....I wonder.........
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#17 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:53 AM

Arda...
too funny, swamp mama...
We'll be out there to clean house on the 4th, so be ready for us...we're coming no matter WHAT!!! With every kind of cleaning agent, shovel/pics/garbage bags, scrubbies and whatever ELSE we're gonna need!!! :)

#18 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:14 PM

I couldn't be at the last clean-up day and while lots and lots got done, I also heard there were people who didn't know what to do or where to do it so I am suggesting "teams" like Kennel Cleaning, Dog Run Cleaning, Yard Poop Patrol, Dog Washer, etc. and I know no one wants to be on Poop Patrol the entire day but can we kinda pick teams and maybe switch off as series of tasks are completed??? I don't mind helping out anywhere as long as I'm not too close to the bleach and cleaners but can. I have problems with my asthma (that's why I switched to natural, tea tree oil cleaners) and Arda had me washing dog bowls and putting kennels back together last time I was there...

I tend to be the checklist gal so I can put some together if we have some idea of the order of kennel cleaning, house cleaning, etc... We can initial as things are completed so we know how we stand...

I'm going to bring a family-size Banquet lasagna for the day so if someon else wants to bring another entree, garlic bread, drinks, salad stuff or whatever (i.e. DESSERT), just sing out...

Mandy, I know there is a poll feature but I can't find it. Do we have to be staff or moderator to create/vote on one? We use this feature yahoo for my dog scout troop to determine who is bring what at our outings, or what shift they want to work when we are at events, etc... We may be able to use them (the poll feature) to do much the same but I don't know because I've never seen one on the forum before... While using the yahoogroups is a snap, I'd hate to have to go one more place to keep track of this stuff easily... THANKS!!!

Edited by jmnodwell, 18 May 2005 - 01:16 PM.

Joni
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

#19 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:15 PM

Men are a bigger hassle than senile dogs, but you have both at once.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Larry, Larry, and Kevin - she didn't mean you guys!!!! :P :)

Joni

#20 Jennymay

Jennymay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 02:19 PM

I had already started that list in my head...who should go where, do what, etc.
I think a checklist would be a great idea, and I will be the FIRST to say...
As LONG as a house isn't my own, I do a FINE darn job cleaning it, so I'd like to be on the "inside" house team, if I could volunteer, besides helping bathe the dogs.
Oh, and I can bring a HUGE style potato salad, AND a macaroni salad, as well. I have a recipe that is for parties, so I can volunteer those 2 salads, if no one objects.
It's funny how great minds, as in ALL of us, tend to think alike... :)
Tee hee hee...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users