105 replies to this topic

#101 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:49 AM

I need to say something and I am not sure what to say so here it goes. Thanks to the shirts that Paul sent we were able to put the radiator in the big blue van I stole from my brother John and that my brother Jim pays the insurance and plates for. Heather and I were taking three intact males to Total Pet Care when the bottom fell out of the radiator. OK, it wasn't a new van but it did run. We were stranded on 12 at 23 in a gas station. I elected to have it towed to Clinton where I knew the mechanics. They dropped us at the house with the three intact males and we changed the appointment to the vet for the next morning. Unloaded Heathers truck and threw crates in the back and got the dogs to the vet. The van was done and ready to pick them up that evening. Sorry we spent the money so frivolously. I should have let John fix his van I stole last year. Shawn has been working some terible hours and so has Kevin or I would have imposed on them. We felt we were stuck and needed to do the repairs as fast as possible. I appologize for spending all that money to get them home. Last months alimony check went toward the well pump and I had no more. Stupid Swamp Mama
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#102 Kennysmom

Kennysmom

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 08:39 AM

For sake of keeping this open....

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes....I don't think it was frivilous to fix the van.

All I know is that I have the most wonderful dobie-guy at my house, probably sleeping on the couch at this very moment, patiently waiting for me to get home. He is my knight in shining armor. He is the love of my life. I hope to think that it's all a perfect world out there and that everyone can just get along.....but obviously...because of the way Kenny came into my life....the world is NOT perfect and we won't all agree 100% of the time. Let's just not ever forget why we all came together here in the first place. Arda, you have given me the greatest gift I've ever known.

Just my two cents.
For the love of K.A.T.
Kenny, Akina (R.I.P.) & Tanner

#103 scott

scott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 09:28 AM

Quote:

I will not bring up the topic again nor will I make any more postings on this web site

I know I'm not a volunteer with SCD but I do believe in the cause more than anyone could know!! The donation of the shirts was a nice gesture, but wow I sure wasn't expecting remarks like you made towards the Hard-Working volunteers that dedicate so much of their time and efforts to this organization. I think if you stand back and read what you wrote maybe you would retract some of the comments made, I would hope so anyways!! I know that to get a donation to an organization is wonderful and benefits these dogs so much, but I heard this expression many times " You have to spend money to make money"
I would think that while the funds are there to do something like this, you use them because SCD knows what a great support group they have behind them and that they will do everything they can to make whatever the fundraiser they come up with fly!!
I'm still having a hard time believing what was said.
SCD you don't have to be told what a great job you're doing because every day we are all grateful of what you do.

Obviously SCD is doing something right, look how many people you have made so very happy with the additions to our families!!
We have to remember that this is about those beautiful dogs and I think SCD has a pretty good past track record so I certainly trust whatever their doing with the funds will in some way directly or indirectly help the cause!
KEEP DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING SCD!!!

Scott
"The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's." - Mark Twain, Letter to W D Howells, 4/2/1899

#104 Daisy

Daisy

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:03 AM

While the donation of the tee-shirts as a fundraiser to SCD
was a very nice thing, the people who work everyday to save/place
the dogs in their forever homes deserve your Respect, not your
Negative remarks on how YOU can do it better! It was a great thing
you did adopting a dobe in need, but there are so many more & in order
to be able to keep rescuing them money has to be spent. As for the
shirts Mandy is ordering, there are many other people who send in orders/money
to help make them, not that that should be any concern to you.

To Arda, Staff & Volunteers, you do Whatever you need to do to save
& place the DOGS!!!! I know your NOT on an Ego trip.....

JMHO

Daisy

#105 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 03:47 PM

Arda, Mandy, Jane, Kevin, Cathy, Kathye, Joni, Cheryl, Ella, Frank, Heather, and all of you-what you do on a day to day basis with these beautiful creatures never needs explaining to those of us who owe you so much, especially me when Adonis became ill. I admire all of you beyond belief, especially you, Arda. This is a 24/7 job for you, not a once in a while donation of your time and energy. If a person has to be a$$-kissed for making a donation to SCD, then maybe that person should not make a donation, you think?
As for me let me know how much the t shirts are, Mandy and I'll take 2. Love ya all, Mary.

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#106 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:57 AM

I split some topics off this thread and started a new one with regard to SCD t-shirts. Time to move onward and upward! :)
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users