20 replies to this topic

#1 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:42 AM

Here we have another one of Mandy's embroidered Doberman Dish Towels with a Matching set of TWO dish clothes. The towel is 100% cotton with a 100% acrylic crocheted top. The dish clothes are 100% cotton and are made to be used so they will fade some with use.

The auction will start today April 10, 2008 and will end Monday April 14th at 11:00PM.

The embroidery is perfect. Not a stitch out of place! :flower: The color is a little less intense than is shown in the pics.

The set will be mailed as soon as payment is received.

Jane

Attached File  Mandy__s_Dobe_Towel_2_003.jpg   33.5KB   0 downloads Attached File  Mandy__s_Dobe_Towel_2_004.jpg   51.79KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Mandy__s_Dobe_Towel_2_018.jpg   66.15KB   0 downloads

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

Peanut, you barked at your Dad??

It's me, Peanut, don't you recognize me?

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Look I found a 19 squeaker toy for 75% off!

*squeak* *squeak* *squeak*

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#2 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 11:53 AM

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#3 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 03:55 PM

Look, I've been a angel for 3 months. This set is mine. $50.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#4 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:13 PM

You can't pay yourself, Arda! :flower: We'll make you a set of your very own. :(
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#5 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:24 PM

I wouldn't call not having computer access for 3 months "being an angel." I would call it "being in detox."

There is a huge difference, Oh Olde One.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

What in the world are you doing coming in the back door?  I don't know if I have ever seen you come in the back door.  I am usually with you.  How did you get to the store without me?  How did you get out of the house unnoticed?  What is going on here?????  Are we off our schedule?????    AAAAAAAAAaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!??????

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

Peanut's Ponderings:  *squeak*  is music to my ears, nineteen "squeaks" will be music to theirs.

#6 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:33 PM

But this one is the right color.

#7 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:43 PM

I've got enough green thread to make another topper, and enough variagated cotton with the green border for a dish cloth. I won't have enough of the peach/salmon (whatever it is?) color to make another dish cloth though. I don't know if Mandy has another towel of this color or not.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#8 Javaluva

Javaluva

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,948 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:47 PM

I've got enough green thread to make another topper, and enough variagated cotton with the green border for a dish cloth. I won't have enough of the peach/salmon (whatever it is?) color to make another dish cloth though. I don't know if Mandy has another towel of this color or not.

Jane

I don't, but I can get one. :flower:
Life is short. Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

#9 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:41 PM

I've got enough peach/salmon cotton to make the second dish cloth for the Olde Woman. So that leaves this towel still up for auction! So far it's Heather's for $15.00. :flower:

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#10 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:37 PM

CONGRATULATIONS Heather!! You have the highest bid! I'll get that in the mail this week. Thanks for supporting Second Chance. Just go ahead and send a check to Arda with "towel auction" on the bottom or use PayPal whichever you prefer.

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#11 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:54 PM

Yippee! I will send a check. Paypal is one of those unsolved mysteries to me...

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#12 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:01 PM

It went to the post office this afternoon! Let me know if you don't get it. :sorcerer:

Jane

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#13 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:01 PM

That's mine! She'll just use it and get it dirty.

#14 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:09 PM

:sorcerer:

#15 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:15 PM

We send our deepest thanks and regards to Lord Beefy, et al. Your reputation as a wise and noble ruler precedes you. Your strategy was flawless, and the bonus tax done perfectly according to the Director of the SRS.

Our thanks to you and yours for your prompt payment.

Royal Regards,

Her Lowness, Shaylee

typed by the Director of the SRS on behalf of her lowness

cc: Mom

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#16 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:24 PM

That was MY towel set!!! Does anyone hear me? How would you like to live with Toot as your SRS tax payment?

#17 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:11 PM

Hi Auntie Arda!

Ahem ...

We regret to inform you that article 6 under subdivision B of the SRS tax code reads:

B. 6 Live animals in lieu of biscuits as tax payment

There shall be no substitution of live animals for biscuits.

a. Exceptions to the above include the following

Squirrels, frogs, chipmunks, ground squirrels, cats, robins, moles, mice, rats, shrews, hamsters, gerbils, and bugs larger than 1/2"

We do appreciate the offer, however, Dad said no more crabby old females allowed in this house. He certainly cannot be referring to me as I am a morning person who falls out of my crate with a smile on my face.

Regards,

Posted ImageTiki, your beloved niece and Director of the SRS

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

#18 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:19 PM

We regret to inform you that article 6 under subdivision B of the SRS tax code reads:

B. 6 Live animals in lieu of biscuits as tax payment

There shall be no substitution of live animals for biscuits.

Squirrels, frogs, chipmunks, ground squirrels, cats, robins, moles, mice, rats, shrews, hamsters, gerbils, and bugs larger than 1/2"

This is very, very funny. At least I was not at work. People tend to look at one as strange when one bursts out laughing and falls off one's chair... At home it is just the dogs and they can be bribed not to tell.

#19 CathieRenee

CathieRenee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 09:43 PM

Zeus would like to send his nemesis...Belle, the cat.

Please forward shipping address so that Zeus may submit his tax payment in a timely manner and avoid incurring penalties and interest.

Cathie
Zeus - SCD Reigning Thunder, WAC, TT
Belle the Princess Cat
Casey - CTS Callisto's Eclipse, CGC, WAC, TT (05/14/96 - 02/15/07)

"Do not make the mistake of treating your dogs like humans or they will treat you like dogs." - Martha Scott

#20 dobeluvr

dobeluvr

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,468 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 05:03 PM

Zeus would like to send his nemesis...Belle, the cat.

Please forward shipping address so that Zeus may submit his tax payment in a timely manner and avoid incurring penalties and interest.

Dear Zeus,

A shipping box, complete with air holes that I meticulously poked out myself, has been mailed to the address that you provided on your 2007 SRS tax return. Please put the aforementioned feline in the shipping box along with any collars, leashes, harnesses, or other sundry items that belong to her. We do wish all feline employees to be happy and their own restraining devices seem to make them more comfortable.

This feline shall be employed in our "Vermin Control" department. She shall be tethered to our overhead cable line and given enough line to police the yard. For every two mice she catches, she is allowed to keep one. The other is for her lowness, of which I get half because I am the Director of the SRS. If she gets a muskrat or other vermin larger than a mouse, she gets a bonus of playing on the scratching post made from our 35-yr old shag carpet from the family room. We haven't worked out the details on how we are going to get that off of the floor yet, but we don't really see her catching any muskrats either.

All felines will be vetted regularly and I will personally spray them with the hose to keep them clean. I will also spray them with the hose to keep them quiet.

We appreciate your prompt payment. Please feel free to contact our office with any additional questions.

Posted Image Tiki, Director of the SRS

*door opens*

*Bark*  *Bark*  *Bark*

*bark?*

*oof*

I protest.

Whadja bring me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users