168 replies to this topic

#41 CathieRenee

CathieRenee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:34 PM

The vet gave (ahem SOLD) us fish oil capsules that we break over her food everyday. Our whole kitchen smells like a fishery when we do it, but they say it works wonders. Her boo-boos will heal in time, no big deal if you ask me. I don't care about that, she is the sweetest, kindest little soul and we love her to pieces regardless of her silly insignificant boo-boos. They're like badges from all the sassy little fights she started with her barking fits!

Why do you break them? I just throw the capsules on Zeus' food. I don't think he even notices it's in there.

Cathie
Zeus - SCD Reigning Thunder, WAC, TT
Belle the Princess Cat
Casey - CTS Callisto's Eclipse, CGC, WAC, TT (05/14/96 - 02/15/07)

"Do not make the mistake of treating your dogs like humans or they will treat you like dogs." - Martha Scott

#42 JennyPlum

JennyPlum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:05 AM

She doesn't seem to have much of an appetite these days (i think it's the antibiotics) and I want to make sure she gets it....sometimes a lot of the food at the bottom of her bowl will just sit there!
We can do no great things, only small things with great love. ~Mother Teresa

#43 brownsmom

brownsmom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,371 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:27 AM

Stick the pill in peanut putter and feed it to her that way.

Honey Locust Hills On A Wing and A Prayer  DCAT CA (Faith),  Honey Locust Hills Little Leap of Faith DCAT (Hop),   Honey Locust Hills Notorious B.I.G CA DCAT (Big)  and UKC CHTurkhaven's Notorious RBG CA DCAT(Ruth) 

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for." Erica Jong.   In memory: SCD Where's the Beef, CGC (1995-September 20, 2008); Athena's Dark Angel (May 1, 2009 - November 17, 2011); Second Chance Bow to Me CGC, RN (?-July 3, 2012); Second Chance Brownie Zipper CGC, RN (2000-September 23, 2013) SCD Catch Me If You Can  (2006 - May 3, 2016) DPRRM Sapphire Hidden Treasure, CGC (December 1, 2005- December 5, 2016)  SCD Watchful Princess ( - 2018) C-ATCH  CS-ATCH4 CS-ATE SCD Some Roads Are Rocky CGC, NA, NAJ, AXP, MJP2, OPF (October 10, 2005 - September 10, 2019)  C-ATCH5 PACH2 Shadow's On Eagles Wings, BCAT, CGC, TKI, NA, NAJ, XFP,  MJP2, MJPB, MXP3. MXPB, T2BP, PAX (Gabe) October 23, 2011 - May 26 2020)

UKC CH Ashtrick N Kettle Cove Irish Royalty, OA, OAJ, OAP, AJP, NF, OFP, CAA, CGC, SPOT, TKI, FCAT (March 4,  2015- July 29, 2022)

#44 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:46 AM

The vet gave (ahem SOLD) us fish oil capsules that we break over her food everyday.

Are they the 3V Caps? If so, you can buy them much cheaper online.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

#45 debl

debl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 11:50 AM

Mary,

So sorry to hear this latest news about your Big Boy. Will continue to keep you in my thoughts & prayers. Klaus sends Titan sloppy fawn doberboy kisses. Even though they are boys, we both know they like those kisses :innocent:

Deb, Klaus, Rabbit & Belle

#46 JennyPlum

JennyPlum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:09 PM

Stick the pill in peanut putter and feed it to her that way.

They are the 3V snip-tip capsules, and they're in such a hard plastic durable "shell," I fear she would detect any possible trickery on my part! That dobergirl keeps me on my toes...
There are so many products available for a more competitive price, I was thinking when I'm out of these and I'll use it as an excuse to spend my lunch hour at K-9. :innocent:
We can do no great things, only small things with great love. ~Mother Teresa

#47 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:10 PM

Deb, I think of Klaus a lot. My gosh, he is such a beauty. I've been takling to Titan, reminding him that he made me a promise when he came home to live with me that he would give me 7 good, quality years and he has only given me 3, so he still has a least 4 more to go. Our vet needle aspirated the lump last week and told me the cells were abnormal, and he didn't hold much hope that the cells were anything but a cancer of some sort. Tomorrow he has the entire lump removed and sent to MSU for a more accurtate diagnosis. This is just breaking my heart so. Please, pray xtra hard tonight for him. Thanks for yours and everyone's response and support.

Mary and T

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
Dogs also don't know-or at least don't accept-the concept of death.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#48 Jan

Jan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:31 PM

Deb, I think of Klaus a lot. My gosh, he is such a beauty. I've been takling to Titan, reminding him that he made me a promise when he came home to live with me that he would give me 7 good, quality years and he has only given me 3, so he still has a least 4 more to go. Our vet needle aspirated the lump last week and told me the cells were abnormal, and he didn't hold much hope that the cells were anything but a cancer of some sort. Tomorrow he has the entire lump removed and sent to MSU for a more accurtate diagnosis. This is just breaking my heart so. Please, pray xtra hard tonight for him. Thanks for yours and everyone's response and support.

Mary and T

Marten, Heidi and me sending our best prayers for Titan's recovery.

Jan

#49 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 08:50 PM

Mary,

I know there is nothing to say that will help. We are keeping you and T in our thoughts and prayers.

Edited by doberpagegirl, 03 September 2008 - 08:59 PM.

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#50 shromada

shromada

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:51 PM

We are keeping Titan in our thoughts. Max sends hugs... :innocent:

#51 debl

debl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 10:07 AM

Mary,

I was in Pet Supplies Plus yesterday & as I was checking out I glanced behind me & thought Klaus had followed me into the store :innocent: There was a fawn male dobe right behind me. Of course I had to compliment the owner on his beautiful dobe. I stumped him ... he had to stop & think that I said dobe, not weim! Anyway, our fawn boys get attention wherever they go! Praying really hard for Titan..can't help but think of him when I look at Klaus. Looking forward to hugging Mr. T soon!

#52 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:43 PM

Took Titan in for his surgery this A.M. I called a few minutes ago to see how the surgery went. Dr Cline told me that it went well. That the tumor was encapsulated and had grown into the skin on top of T.s foot so he had to remove the skin also. Now we just wait to see what the biopsy shows. The big concern now is keeping my goofy old boy from licking which we all know Dobes are so notorious at. The vet told me there is nothing there, skinwise to heal if he licks. Dr. Cline put a double layer of sutures for protection, and we are going to keep him a little sedated with medication so that he will chill and leave it alone. Also, (don't tell anyone) I am calling in sick tomorrow to be with him. He's my one and only Titan.
Take care all, Mary and T

PS Titan has also been thought of to be a weim and a Great Dane.

Edited by oreo5129, 04 September 2008 - 12:45 PM.

Dogs don't know about beginnings, and they don't speculate on matters that occurred before their time.
With no concept of beginnings or endings, dogs probably don't know that for people, having a dog as a life companion provides a streak of light between two eternities of darkness
Stanley Coren

#53 debl

debl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 02:01 PM

OK. Surgery done. Keep us posted!

Deb & Klaus

#54 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 02:29 PM

Fingers and toes crossed and prayers are flying. He'll be OK, you have to believe that.
By the way, did you know that the white Dobes blood type is closer to the Weim than the Dobe. And that's a fact. And that the fawns get their color from the Weim that IS in the Dobe.
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#55 jmnodwell

jmnodwell

Proud Foster Mom

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 02:37 PM

T, you can beat this!!! Stay strong!!! White light and prayers from TX!!!

Joni
Emmalin Jane, George, Clyde, and Rascal (meow & hiss)
From the Bridge - Cosmo (12/2005), Katie (7/2006), Mr. Munchkin (11/2008), Bella DSA, CGC (1/2009), Skitter DSA (12/2010), Beau (11/2014), and Calvin (6/2017)

"The world of the generous gets larger and larger... The on who blesses other is abundantly blessed; those who help other are helped." Proverbs 11:24-25

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Psalms 126:5

#56 ella

ella

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:23 PM

Titan you are in my thoughts and prayers. May God Bless you
Ella & Princess
Ella - mother of Princess and Bonnie Blue

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
-Josh Billings

#57 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 09:42 PM

He's such a beautiful boy--saying my prayers & crossing all our paws for his recovery :innocent:

#58 debl

debl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 10:10 AM

Fingers and toes crossed and prayers are flying. He'll be OK, you have to believe that.
By the way, did you know that the white Dobes blood type is closer to the Weim than the Dobe. And that's a fact. And that the fawns get their color from the Weim that IS in the Dobe.

That is very interesting, Arda. I had read the weim was used in the development of the dobe and the fawns are so-o-o-o close in color to weims. :innocent:

#59 oreo5129

oreo5129

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:41 PM

I have tried everything with Titan to keep him from chewing the dressing off that leg he had surgery on to remove the tumor, including tranquilizers, and the brat got to the wound yesterday while I was at work. He chewed to sutures off and now has an infection that is kinda serious. When the vet took off the dressing the smell was terrible. Please, anyone have suggestions-we've tried every head device, bitter apple (made him vomit terribly),medication. He is stressing his mother out big time with this stuff and we haven't even gotten the biopsy report back yet. This dog is so OC. He only goes after that dressing when I am gone. I wish I could take him to work with me, but that's a no go.
Anyone?

Mary and the bad boy, T

Stanley Coren

#60 CAB

CAB

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 12:50 PM

Ask Arda where she got the pillow for the white in the basement. It's not really a pillow but it fits around the dogs neck and is cushioned like a pillow.
The embedded collars in his neck when we got him and he goes back and extends the gentle paw to the human race. One heck of a dog.

-Arda Barber

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users