7 replies to this topic

#1 dobie sunshine

dobie sunshine

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:00 PM

I lost my girl Nellie today. Not only did she have a high liver count, but she also had a high gull bladder count and bone cancer in her shoulder. I knew her liver count was high and I started preparing my self that I would loose her to liver failure. But little did I know I would loose her to bone cancer.

When I first brought Nellie home when I adopted her, I thought oh man what did I just get myself into this dog is a big cry baby, I am never going to bond with her. But little did I know she became my favorite. She would hum (kind of like a cat purring) me to sleep. She always had either my sock, slipper or my shoe in her mouth and would always take them outside with her. She also loved her squeeky balls. It was music to my ears listening to her squeeky her ball constantly. She loved cleaning her brother Dozer and her sister Olives face and ears. She loved playing with the neighbors dog and she loved everyone that she met. She definitely stole my heart, I will miss my baby girl, I love you Nellie. Run free sweet baby girl run free. Oh and yesterday was her 10th birthday.
Attached File  20161218_181408.jpg   80.91KB   0 downloads
Attached File  20161218_181027.jpg   73.19KB   0 downloads
Attached File  20170312_205912.jpg   79.7KB   0 downloads

#2 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:34 PM

Oh Jackie I'm so so sorry We all knew how much you loved her and how much she loved you back.

Your first doberman you took home and filled your house with three. Dozer has a bit of gray I see in the picture

Nellie was so lucky to have you adopt her, she will be missed so much. Love on your other babys for now.

I hate how they leave us to soon.Run Free Nellie you silly girl :icon12:  :Rose:  :doberman:

#3 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:42 PM

I'm so sorry, Jackie.  Nellie was a beautiful girl and had such a wonderful life filled with love in the years she spent with you.  I know she has left a big empty place in your heart.  I don't think we can ever really be prepared.  Run free, sweet Nellie..........

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#4 ohiodobe

ohiodobe

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 09:34 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. Linda
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principle difference between a dog and a man." ---- Mark Twain

#5 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 09:04 AM

So sorry for your loss of your sweet Nellie, what a girl she was, loved by all❤️❤️leaving you with lots of memories to hold in your heart..
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#6 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:44 PM

I'm so sorry you lost your girl--she was beautiful.  :Rose:

#7 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 04:19 PM

So sorry for your loss Jackie...what a beautiful girl
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#8 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 03:37 PM

Im so sorry Jackie. It hurts so much to say goodbye.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users