Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 12:45 PM

Fat Fay is down to 90 pounds.  Yeah! 

Jordan is all patched up and home.

April took over destroying the house while I was gone.  She opened the shower stall and pulled the trash bag out and everything in it was out.  Whole house smells like coffee.

Have I mentioned that I hate Dobermanns.

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#22 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:33 PM

Sounds like she was just trying to have some coffee made for when you get home.. :Tounge:

#23 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 04:50 PM

Wouldn't that be nice if they could make the coffee for mom. :He He:

I think it's time to put the girls in a crate while your out so they don't tear everything up.

Even Faye at night so she doesn't get into trouble.HA HA.She did good in the crate the day you and I went out and 

had to leave for a hour. Just a thought even while you mow the lawn.That way you aren't coming into a mess when you come back in.

I can't believe she weighs 90lbs :Pig: way too many tennis balls

#24 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:20 PM

Hey it was well over 100 pounds when I picked her up.  Never had an old dog with this much energy other than Brittaney. 

I know it will all come together when they all learn "In, Out, Come, No, Lay Down, Move" .  You know the things we should teach our dogs when they are little enough to grab.  This is mass chaos.  None of them know anything.  Top it all off with 3 males that probably will bite given the chance.

#25 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:51 AM

Do any of you have the rain and thunder and lightning problem that I have?  As soon as the first flash flashes............everyone is hunting for Mom.  As if I have some magical power over storms.  I tried to tell everyone that my name is Arda, not Odin.  But nobody will listen.  So I was in the chair again most of the night.  With the whining and prancing and nose touching all night long.  So I'm still up from yesterday with the farrier coming and the lawn to my knees again.  And 3 horses ready to strip paint from.  Been trying to do this since I got these.  Oh where did my life go.  Did I ever tell you that I hate Dobermanns.  Darn sissies.  If I sit in that building they will sit right outside the door waiting for me to appear.  It's just like the bathroom.  If Mom's doing it, it must be something great.  And you know someone has to protect her.

#26 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 01:09 PM

Oh, yes, thunderstorm phobia!  Natasha is the only Doberman I've ever owned who is not afraid of thunder and lightning.  Logan wasn't afraid of it until a couple years ago.  Same way with Savanna and Max before them.  Seemed like they were fine the first few years of their lives, but as they got older, the fear set in.

You're lucky yours want to come to you for comfort.  When Logan gets scared, I can' t seem to help him.  He's off, trying to dig a hole in the corner of a room, or he'll get into a closet if he can.  I've even heard of dogs that will hide in the bathtub during storms!

Mine are also deathly afraid of the sound the smoke alarms make.  Not just when they occasionally go off because I burned something on the stove, but also the little beep they make when the battery is low.  Even when I make the noise stop, they are terrified for the rest of the day.

What goes through a dog's mind sometimes seems to me like one of life's greatest mysteries.  :Thinking:  Gotta love 'em, though!

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#27 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:00 PM

Tuxy was terrified and would jump on the bed and shake and drool. :(
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#28 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:51 PM

This made me think of you Arda.

Attached File  11108964_10204168257595119_5740371668635294628_n.jpg   81.79KB   0 downloads

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

#29 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 07:09 PM

And every time I started to mow this week , it rained.  My feet are soaking wet.  And I did not get the toilet mowed.  These dogs are so bad, I don't know what to do with them.  10 minutes, just 10 minutes to myself and they get into trouble.  The only thing I finished this week was to get Squirts feet trimmed.

Star bit me in the butt when I got on the lawn mower.  Jordan tried to take me off the lawn mower.  Chaos just lays in the way.  Snow Ball's call to prayer is to stop the lawn mower.  April has to keep up with the lawn mower even though she has a blown ACL.  You would say the solution to the problem is to shoot the John Deere.  But my life depends on John Deere.  4 bags of trash in the trailer.  I drive to the dumpster.  As I pull the bags out one side to drop in the dumpster, Nickie is taking stuff out of the bags in the trailer like he's helping me.  Maybe if I paint the John Deere red, they won't recognize it.

#30 Joaquin

Joaquin

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,378 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:58 PM

Alley was the worst I've seen during a storm and I swear she "taught" Stone to be afraid.  He didn't seem to care about it until he saw how Alley freaked out and now he'll go in the other room and whine.

#31 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:06 AM

Well........this is a mow day.  Rain or not.

We lived through the week end.  Oh, the week end.........yes, we were flying around here.  Thank God Kari brought breakfast, probably not what my Doctor wants me to have but you have to have energy to survive this place,  I had the kids fed and was dressed by the time she got here.  Breakfast and off to Quincy to pick up a 9 year old female by the name of Daisy.  Must have made a weak batch of coffee this morning as I forgot the instructions on where we were going.  I could remember bits and pieces of that conversation, 610; Noton Rd; old farm house; Quincy Rey Rd; etc.  So Kari drove me around Amish country to see all the beautiful horses while she worried about all the animals she could see.  If I let her, we would have brought home 2 semis full of animals home.  Finally found Newton Rd.  And I found 610 Ray Quincy Rd and Daisy the Dobermann.  I think I did real good for an old fool who hadn't had enough coffee and needed another Dobermann like a hole in my head.  Home we came.  Daisy safely tucked in an outdoor pen. "A" team out.  "A" team in cus they know I brought something home.  Plastic kennel out of the shed and into the front room, bottom out of shed and into empty crate in girls room, Jade's barricade out and another crate in that spot.  Boy we were really moving.  (OK, Kari was moving and I was sitting on my fat bum).  Heather was in the drive way with Keno.  So we were out and retrieved him.  And to the house we went.  Keno, Omi, Jordan, and Zeus in separate pens.  Katie, Zoey, and Russy loose in the middle section, Dennis and his team to the yard.  Load of laundry into the dryer and one in the washer.  Started moving the kids back in.  This is one dog past a full load.  And Kari fixed our Memorial Day lunch cus she wanted to know she had fed me my last meal and away she went into the sunset.  I collapse into my chair and never heard anything till Snow woke me at 6:00.  I was dead from watching Kari all day.  This is a hard job watching her.  We survived.  Happy Memorial Day!

Would this be too premature to ask for a raise?  Just to cover my burial expenses.

#32 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:00 PM

I don't know how you do it every day. You need at least a weekend vacation!
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#33 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:20 AM

She's the energy bunny keeps going and going and going, till she sits down. 

Arda needs a well deserved vaca more then anyone! But she will never leave

the furkids that long. Shes been trying for years to take a vaca with never going  anywhere.

Arda thinks going out to lunch is a vaca for her. she gets to sit and talk with no barking and

pushing on her arms and legs by all her babies.You know they all need her full attention 24/7.

Hopefully this year we can take her for her famous chicken dinner that shes asked for for several years

to have.

#34 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:08 AM

Now that was a great night.  Lost our electricity again.  But it was out for hours.  Have you ever tried to stumble through a maze of Dobes with one of those little square flash lights you get at the end of the counter at Tractor Supply.  Well try feeding this troop while lighting the way with one of them.  It came back on some time in the morning hours.  Very exciting.

#35 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:58 AM

Well, I might be an idiot for taking care of all of these darn Dobes but, one lessen I learned last night is FILL ALL THE ICE TEA JUGS NOW.   Cus I'm not standing on the bridge with a pail on the end of a leash to retrieve water for these kids.  I looked like an idiot out there.

#36 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:55 AM

Lost four games this morning on Lenconnect so, I'm not leaving this place today.  It's a bad sign of worse things to come.  Will attempt repairs on the tractor and try to mow in a straight line.  Spoon full of marshmallow cream to help.  Not going to be a good day.  But all the water jugs are full.  And Jade and Daisy ate this morning.  Thanks for the Parmesan cheese Kari. 

#37 Kari

Kari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,590 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:32 PM

Anything special you need me to bring? Do you have power and water? I have a small generator, will get it out and test it. If it still works good I will bring it. At least you could run the well pump on it and the coffee pot if it happens again.
Smile well and often, it makes people wonder what you've been up to." -- Satchel Paige

#38 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:50 AM

We have the electricity back on.  Thanks for the cheese, I have Jade eating again.  I'm surviving.  I think.  Boy, old age really sucks.  Kids are getting me up earlier and earlier.  5:16 this morning. Spun the belt off the tractor in the tall grass.  Very wet and heavy  You ought to try to get down there and put it back on with all my little helpers out there.  Star and Snow have a real problem with the tractor.  I'll fix it today while they are eating.

#39 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:28 AM

You know you are in over your head when you get up at 5:30 and pour water into the coffee pot, run down to let katie and Zoey out, race back to the coffee running all over the counter.  I didn't empty yesterdays coffee nor fix it with new grounds.  I drank it anyway.  Tasted terrible but it sure got me going. 

#40 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 04:40 PM

Poor old Daisy is heart worm positive.  Darn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users