• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 DobeDon

DobeDon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 03:30 PM

It is now 4 weeks this morning since I held Thumper's head as he passed over The Rainbow Bridge. Only now today have I been slightly able to come to this website to input the information, and it still hurts so much I'm not sure I'll be able to see the keyboard very long. To all that knew Thump he was a true Ambassador to the Doberman breed, and he was loved by all that ever met him, even the bird in Arda's living room. Many people would say they could not believe how kind and gentle Thumper was. He was a dedicated boy, and the two of us were very tightly bonded through the hard work done with the Weight Pull functions, his last pull before retiring was well over 2 TON. Thump has left a wall of Blue Ribbons here as a legacy to his physical strength and character. But that isn't the most important part either... he was a role model for and with the other Dobes in our home: Tidbit, Kerrigan, Regan... just the last few Thump knew. He also was an ambassador and a gentle giant with people we would have in our home or meet on the street. So now Thumper... there is no more pain from the DCM and Wobblers. You can run free at the Bridge with all our other Dobermans we have sent there to greet you, and until we see each other again some day soon...R.I.P. THUMP... Love you big guy... Your smile, warmth, constant companionship at my side, at my desk,  and in my life will be missed more than anyone could ever imagine...
Always Loved & Remembered by your Dad and Mom and AnnaBelle.

Attached Files

Edited by DobeDon, 07 February 2017 - 09:37 AM.

#2 Nancy Robinson

Nancy Robinson

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,134 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:51 PM

What a beauty what a kind loving face.

Praying, God will help you.

I know that bond!

Remember, Thump is not gone....."he is only sleeping in your heart".
Nancy

"Until one has LOVED AN ANIMAL, part of
their SOUL REMAINS UNAWAKENED"

"
Yesterday is "HISTORY", Today is a "GIFT" and Tomorrow is a "MYSTERY"

"Always always try to be the" BEST YOU CAN BE"

Do not walk in front of me - I may not follow.
Do not walk behind me - I may not lead.
But walk beside me - and be my friend.

May you always have Love to Share
Health to Spare
and Friends who Care

Forever locked in my Heart

"I CARRY YOUR HEARTS IN MY HEART"........FOREVER

My "WHITE ANGEL".....Sweet sweet Schaudeh
4/17/1999...............5/14/2013
My "Bounty Hunter"
11/6/2000.......8/3/2009
My "Miks Von Rom Mateese"
7/6/1990..........4/4/1999

"I LOVED you yesterday, I LOVE you today, and I will LOVE you tomorrow'"
for you have never really left me

#3 DobeDon

DobeDon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:29 PM

Thank you Nancy. I appreciate the kind words.

I would give anything to have Thump walk proudly with me again,
showing the world the beauty of a real Doberman. 

Edited by DobeDon, 06 February 2017 - 08:30 PM.

#4 Diana

Diana

Advanced Member

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,200 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 08:57 PM

So sorry for your loss, what a handsome guy Thump was, what a wonderful life he had with you.
Diana and Nixx
SCD's Wild Child Gamble CGC

#5 DobeDon

DobeDon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 09:28 PM

Thank you Diana.

#6 ohiodobe

ohiodobe

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:30 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. Such a well loved and treasured boy. Beautiful tribute to this handsome dobe! Linda
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principle difference between a dog and a man." ---- Mark Twain

#7 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:43 AM

I'm so sorry for the heartbreaking loss you have been through, and I was so touched by your tribute to Thumper.  What a handsome guy he was, and so very sleek and muscular!  He does indeed sound like he was a wonderful ambassador for the breed.  He was a very lucky dog to have been adopted by you, and lived a full and happy life with your family.  Thumper will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge, and I'm sure he's already organizing some weight pulls up there.  :Rose:

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#8 Arda

Arda

Alpha White

• SCD Staff - Arda
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,809 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 08:56 AM

I have to tell all of you.............Thumper was several inches taller than Chaos.  A great big lump of Thumper love.  Bubbles, Rudy, Chaos, Thumper, Huggy Bear, Kissy Face, Pachino, Oscar, GB etc.  My big boys.  Just pure Love in a big bunch.  Nickie is trying hard to catch up.  And Dennis is almost there.  These kids have broken an old woman's heart.  It will be quite a sight at the Rainbow Bridge when I pick them up.  May God keep them safe. 

A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

#9 DobeDon

DobeDon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:31 AM

Thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts. I'm not looking for the sympathy just to let all my friends in the Dobe world know of the loss to this breed. He came into SCD with a multitude of problems. The biggest problem was the back yard breeder thought he wasn't worth having. Thump proved that idea was one of the biggest mistakes anyone could ever make. I've always felt very honored to have him as my BFF, thanks to Arda for allowing him to be with us.

Don

#10 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:08 PM

I'm so sorry to read this. The sorrow we feel when they leave us is the price we have to pay for the privilege of being loved by our Dobes. He was such a good looking boy--my thoughts are with you.  :Rose:

#11 DobeDon

DobeDon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:04 PM

Thanks Pam. Thump was not only good looking but very smart, very calm and very Velcro :-)

#12 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:19 AM

Oh Don  I'm so sad to read this. He was so cute and beautiful as a puppy. Even with the way they did  his ears.

I picked him up with Arda he was such a love bug even with all he had been through. We gave him the name Thumper

because he would come running through the house with joy on his face but all you would hear was the thumping of his large feet hitting the floor.He loved everyone.We couldn't believe how BIG he got when you would bring him by to visit.He will be greatly missed by all. You gave him a wonderful, happy life. Run Free you beautiful boy Thumper.......

My heart is with you :Rose:  :Star:  :doberman:

#13 DobeDon

DobeDon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:13 PM

Thank you for you kind words. At any rate he was a big piece of my heart that is gone forever....Ireally, really, really miss Thump in so many ways.

I'm sorry I don't know who I'm communicating with (other than yahoosmom)

#14 yahoosmom

yahoosmom

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,156 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:02 PM

I am Jill I also adopted the tall red boy Eric maybe you remember him. You also liked him when you seen him.

You and your wife came out a few times when I was there. We we're shocked how big Thumper had got from when he

was a puppy. We should of known by his BIG Paws that he was going to be a big boy. What a beautiful boy he became 

thanks for giving him a loving home.

#15 DobeDon

DobeDon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:11 PM

Oh yes :-)... Thank you Jill. I'm not sure if I remember Eric, but maybe if you have a picture posted, and if not I would love to see your favorite...
Seems like this Thump thing is going to be with me for a long spell... I still wake at 4:00am and think of him until time to get up at 6:30.

#16 Stef

Stef

Stella and Jack's Human

• Volunteer Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:56 PM

I'm so sorry. They bring us so much joy while they are here. We are so lucky to have found this breed. They are smart, funny, caring, forgiving, reliable and steady.
Run free Thumper.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace." - Milan Kundera

SCD's Shooting Star "Stella" - We will work on titles. :)
Vixenvale Kingston's Warren - Kingston (2006-2017)
SCD's Black Tie Affair "Tux" - PCD, CGN, CGC (2004-2015)
Can CH Jimary Jack's Are High "Jack" (Pug) - PCD

#17 Melinda

Melinda

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:44 PM

He was beautiful!  So aorry for your loss.  But Heaven's gain, huh?  Someday....

"Happiness is best pursued at a full gallop."

#18 doberpagegirl

doberpagegirl

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,494 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 07:43 PM

I'm so sorry Don & Lynda. He was a beautiful, smart, sweet boy. Run free Thumpity Thump Thump...

It matters to the one you save.

SCD's Out on Bail CGC (December 17, 2008- April 27, 2018)
SCD's Stone Soup
SCD's Sixpence in my shoe
SCD's Hurricane Alley CGC (August 12, 2007- September 11, 2014)
SCD's Easter Buddy CGC (August 12, 2007- July 5, 2012)
Page, Princess Extraordinaire - (July 9, 2000- July 31, 2007)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users