4 replies to this topic

#1 ang623

ang623

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 06:47 PM

I don't get on here near enough! I find myself getting on here a few times a year. Just wanted to say hello and let you guys know that Rusty is doing great! He is still the best thing since sliced bread and his is so spoiled. I can't imagine my life without him. I have a chronic illness that causes me to be in pain everyday so he is here with me 24/7 therefore we have been inseparable pretty much since the day he came home. Me and Rusty had our 1st encounter with a rattlesnake last night on our evening walk. OMG! It was dark out so I could not see it but it rattled and sort of hissed at us and I pulled his leash as hard and as fast as I could!!!!! He did NOT get bit thank God. I do keep him updated on his rattlesnake vaccine just in case but man that was scary. Once my heart slowed down I turned the flashlight on my phone on and looked at it and boy was I freaked out!!!!!!!!!! We wont be walking after dark for a while now.  I took him to McDonalds today for an ice cream date. I am on WW so I just got a diet soda but I got him a vanilla cone and sat outside with him while he ate it. Boy did he love that! We went up North to Prescott a few weeks ago and he got to go to lunch with us and up into the mountains where it is nice and cool out. They had continental breakfast so he had a small bowl of dry cheerios every morning (did I mention he is spoiled)  He loves to get a Puppuccino on the rare occasion I go to Starbucks. He loves the dog park. He LOVES chasing lizards. He will be flying with us to Florida this November to see my parents. Since he got his service dog certification back 4 years ago he can go on the plane with me. This will only be his 2nd time flying though. He is such a great dog and I don't just say this because he is my dog. He gets compliments EVERYWHERE we go There is one particular girl at the pharmacy that just loves him to pieces. Even if I don't have him with me she will bag up a treat and send it home with me :). I got so lucky the day we came to the swamp those 7 years ago. Well that was my "I love my dog" ramble for today. He is doing great and I am so very thankful to have him. Thanks Arda!!!

Attached Files

Ang623

#2 dobie sunshine

dobie sunshine

Advanced Member

• SCD Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 02:58 PM

Hi Angie, glad to hear Rusty is doing good, and that he is a certified service dog that is great. He looks so good. I am assuming you got his allergies under control. So glad to hear that you or Rusty did not get bit by the rattle snake. Thanks for the update it is so nice to hear about any of these dogs that get adopted we always wonder how they are doing. Give Rusty some extra lovin for us.

#3 Cheri

Cheri

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:34 PM

What a great update on Rusty!  I'm so glad he's living the good life and that you and he are such great companions for one another.I have visited many parts of Arizona and the southwest, and it's beautiful, but rattlesnakes do scare me. Glad nobody was hurt.

Your trip to Prescott sounds like a nice cooler getaway for this time of year.  I'm sure you know where Sedona is.  I have done a lot of hiking in those red rocks with my previous Doberman.

I have a friend who just moved to Florida with her two Dobermans, and she tells me they love to chase the lizards down there, so Rusty should feel right at home when you guys visit your parents.

I love all the pics.  Both you look great!  Rusty in his bikini -- the look on his face says, "I'll get even with you for this." :D

Edited by Cheri, 17 September 2017 - 02:35 PM.

Currently part of my treasured family and helping to make life fun and busy:

Hunter, the chocolate Labradeagle (or Beaglador)

Terra, the tall, gorgeous red Doberwoman

Waiting at the Bridge and forever in my heart...... Igor, Max, Savanna, Logan, and Tasha

#4 Pam

Pam

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:52 PM

Those are great pics--he's a very handsome boy! That's so cool that he got his service dog certification.  :Star: Do you have to buy a seat for him or does he fit on the floor in front of you? Any reactions when other passengers see a Dobe on the plane with him?

#5 ang623

ang623

Advanced Member

• Sponsor
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:51 AM

Yes Sedona is beautiful! We live in Yuma which is the very bottom southwest corner of Arizona and boy is it HOT! We have ventured to Sedona, Grand Canyon, Phoenix area, San Diego, Prescott and Payson.

Ang623

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users